U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Do you think illegals come to the USA, for slave wages that they are paid?
Yes 9 50.00%
No 9 50.00%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:57 PM

858 posts, read 1,723,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhe1982 View Post
now in US, even they only get $5/hour, they are gonna be much better off here. And if they born their kids in US, the kids will be US citizen, went to US school, got free education, live better than their parents.
Did you just realize this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 PM

20,197 posts, read 11,300,335 times
I think the real question begs to be answered. Why do some people feel that it s acceptable for people to enter the USA Illegally and put americans out of work?
I have heard the excuses. They come from a terrible country.
They just want a better life. They do it for their families etc.
One answer works for all the above. Not our problem, not our concern. Our concern, our focus should be on Americans and how do we protect them.

Old 12-25-2008, 09:33 AM

21,157 posts, read 26,361,671 times
Quote:
Of course for the salary.
In many countries, people live on 1 dollar a day or even less, now in US, even they only get $5/hour, they are gonna be much better off here. And if they born their kids in US, the kids will be US citizen, went to US school, got free education, live better than their parents.
All the more reason to eliminate birthright citizenship unless at least one parent is here legally.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:39 PM

858 posts, read 1,723,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think the real question begs to be answered. Why do some people feel that it s acceptable for people to enter the USA Illegally and put americans out of work?
Perhaps, the people you speak of don't need to work. Or like one or two people I know on here.. Are still living at home off of mommy and daddys money.. But yet come on here like their out everyday trying to make a living!

Old 12-26-2008, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Perhaps, the people you speak of don't need to work. Or like one or two people I know on here.. Are still living at home off of mommy and daddys money.. But yet come on here like their out everyday trying to make a living!
LOL High School and college kids. Is there an answer they don't have? Adults still hanging on the parental teat are another issue all together. Well they are just well you know losers.

Old 12-26-2008, 08:47 PM

49,773 posts, read 46,858,501 times
john i read your profile its pretty blank.jes trying to figure out where you are coming from, im guessing. but we dont have slave wages john
that is why they come here. there are some people that would not work here no matter what the wage and benefit package. i know lots of them. the thing is the illegals got work ethic that is why DC did this under the table NAFTA with los pinos for last 30 years but they ran outa work ethic all they got now is gang bangers they dont want in mexico so they come here. that is why homocide convictions are down 30%, no DNA data base on mexican people. but that is guna change soon.
the bad news they wont just track mexicans they are guna track everybody you and me too.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-26-2008 at 09:21 PM..

Old 12-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
john i read your profile its pretty blank. im guessing. but we dont have slave wages john
that is why they come here. there are some people that would not work here no matter what the wage and benefit package. i know lots of them. the thing is the illegals got work ethic that is why DC did this under the table NAFTA with los pinos for last 30 years but they ran outa work ethic all they got now is gang bangers they dont want in mexico so they come here. that is why homocide convictions are down 30%, no DNA data base on mexican people. but that is guna change soon.
the bad news they wont just track mexicans they are guna track everybody you and me too.
I think I can live with that. As a vet my finger prints are on file. It would be nice if every citizen had to surrender the prints as well. That would make catching bad guys a lot easier. LOL

Old 12-26-2008, 09:18 PM

17,305 posts, read 13,790,308 times
Quote:
Of course for the salary.
In many countries, people live on 1 dollar a day or even less, now in US, even they only get $5/hour, they are gonna be much better off here. And if they born their kids in US, the kids will be US citizen, went to US school, got free education, live better than their parents.

We have a word for people that sneak in and take these services they aren't entitled too.

It's called a thief.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:33 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,361,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think I can live with that. As a vet my finger prints are on file. It would be nice if every citizen had to surrender the prints as well. That would make catching bad guys a lot easier. LOL
Having been bonded for jobs in the past; my prints are on file as well--------and, I have never been arrested.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Having been bonded for jobs in the past; my prints are on file as well--------and, I have never been arrested.
Uhmmmm I ah uhmmm have been arrested once but wasn't finger printed for it. The chief of police's son through an M-80 out of his car window and it hit my car. I chased him down and put the boots to him. It would seem the Chief didn't appreciate me using a firm hand on his punk son.
$300.00 fine disorderly conduct. No regrets I paid the fine. The year was 1986. The day was July 4....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration