U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 04:07 PM

7,504 posts, read 15,962,470 times

Advertisements

Im an immigrant, not an illegal one though. Here i had to take a written DWI test because i was under 25, then do a written 'driving' test and then a driving test. I think its a disgrace that anybody would sell fake driving licenses, whether it be to citizens or ilegals, its incredibly dangerous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2007, 04:23 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
See, that's a friggen joke. Again, they get special treatment.

Where I am, they can drive without a license, insurance and valid tags. The cops say their hands are tied, there's nothing the can do.

How would they fine them anyway - I mean if they were to get summons to court, how would they know who is who, since many carry the same first and last name.

The courts have turned it into a money racket, they get caught and pay a fine and cut loose. The courts know they will continue driving and get caught again. Over a period of time these fines add up and the courts make a lot of money. If I tried getting away with what these people do my butt would land in jail.

Talk about special treatment, the little town where my mother in law lives...the county built new apts. for the hispanics because people wouldn't rent to them. And nobody can live in these apts but hispanics... makes me sick.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:57 PM

1,459 posts, read 4,040,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No my husband was going 8 miles over the speed limit and had a 250.00 dollar ticket, we had just moved here and hadnt registered the truck yet and got fined another 400 for that!!!! We were a day over the deadline to register.

That's a stiff fine for 8 miles over, a lot of cops will write a warning ticket for that. I guess it all depends where you get caught, some states/counties are strictly after the money.

Some states have BS laws on transfering vehicles, I know from experience that moving and transfering vehicles can cost a lot of money. Some states have ridiculous fees for transfering and registration and some folks just don't have the money left for that until they get back to work. I suppose greed for money is what it's all about.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:07 PM

13,374 posts, read 40,148,217 times
I've heard of those fake licenses in Colorado.
Anyway, when my older son was 16, we went down to the motor vehicle office for his appointment for his driving test (he had already passed the written.)
There was a big picture window where you could watch people go out for their test. My younger son and I settled down to watch. We watched our my older son go out for his test, and we saw an Asian gentleman go out as well. He could not have arranged a driving test if he had not passed the written. Well, he didn't do so well with the driving. Apparently he backed into a car. There was a lot of standing around and raised voices. Finally the examiner basically kicked the guy off the premises. Not everyone gets their license.
But it was fascinating to us that this guy obviously must have passed the written exam. His English did not sound that great at all, so I wondered about his comprehension for *both* the tests.
(Not that I could have passed either of those anywhere in Asia. )
PS My son passed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration