Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 07:13 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
That's all you respond with. We can't let them in! We can't let them do whatever they want! Who is saying that?
Deflection, indeed.

Fact is, you guys are exaggerating the violence illegals are bringing, when crime rates in cities that have a significant presence of illegals aren't that high.
ric.
Your repeated come back doesn't apply here, because nobody is saying that!

FBI Statistics on Crimes Committed by Illegal Aliens:

2006 (First Quarter) INS/FBI Statistical Report on Undocumented Immigrants
CRIME STATISTICS 95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
83% of warrants for murder in Phoenix are for illegal aliens.
86% of warrants for murder in Albuquerque are for illegal aliens.
75% of those on the most wanted list in Los Angeles, Phoenix and Albuquerque are illegal aliens.
24.9% of all inmates in California detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
40.1% of all inmates in Arizona detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
48.2% of all inmates in New Mexico detention centers are Mexican nationals here illegally
29% (630,000) convicted illegal alien felons fill our state and federal prisons at a cost of $1.6 billion annually
53% plus of all investigated burglaries reported in California, New Mexico, Nevada, Arizona and Texas are perpetrated by illegal aliens.
50% plus of all gang members in Los Angeles are illegal aliens from south of the border.
71% plus of all apprehended cars stolen in 2005 in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada and California were stolen by Illegal aliens or “transport coyotes".
47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.
63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens
66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66% 98% are illegal aliens.
BIRTH STATISTICS 380,000 plus “anchor babies” were born in the U.S. in 2005 to illegal alien parents, making 380,000 babies automatically U.S.citizens.
97.2% of all costs incurred from those births were paid by the American taxpayers.
66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers

New FBI Statistics on Crimes Committed by Illegal Aliens

Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily
Death toll in 2006 far overshadows total U.S. soldiers killed in Iraq, Afghanistan

Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.

While King reports 12 Americans are murdered daily by illegal aliens, he says 13 are killed by drunk illegal alien drivers – for another annual death toll of 4,745. That's 23,725 since Sept. 11, 2001.

While no one – in or out of government – tracks all U.S. accidents caused by illegal aliens, the statistical and anecdotal evidence suggests many of last year's 42,636 road deaths involved illegal aliens.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53103
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 08:12 PM

64 posts, read 91,119 times
*snort* Numbers from a devoted anti-illegal publication, why am I not surprised?

Quote:
66% plus of all births in California are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal whose births were paid for by taxpayers
You do know that California was once a part of Mexico, right? So it's not that far-fetched that a high number of births in there comes from Mexicans. Maybe in another hundred years, you may be able to get rid of the Latin American population of California (though good luck with that). On the other hand, you say they were paid by tax payers. You want those births to be paid by themselves? Then give them papers so they can start actively paying taxes like everybody else!!

The rest of the statistics. First, you're giving those statistics referring to another right-wing site, not the actual FBI, where's the link to the FBI website? And, even if that were true, which I doubt of course, a huge part of those statistics come from states who are typically illegal (especially Mexican-)-haters like Arizona. So I don't really trust those numbers.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Sort of like saying give bank robbers free money so they won't have to rob banks any more.
The rest of your post has merit. Cali has a high hispanic pop so its only logical that they would have a high birth rate.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:49 PM

Moderator cut: Oprhaned -the post you were quoting was removed
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If you are going to make accusations like this, you had best be able to back it up with facts.
--RW ONLINE:Blood on the Border
--Police Investigate Killings of Illegal Immigrants in Arizona Desert - New York Times
--Shooting at Mexicans: Chilling Video Exposed | Hatewatch | Southern Poverty Law Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
I hate to tell you this, but illegal entry to the US is not the same as having an overdue library book or failing to put enough quarters in the parking meter. Why don't you do a little research on just exactly how much having millions of people who do not belong here costs the US in terms of free health care, free education, the costs of having uninsured drivers on the road, incarceration expenses, home values collapsing in neighborhoods where clown houses open up, etc. Illegal immigration harms the integrity of my community and the integrity of my wallet and, quite frankly, I resent it. Come here legally or don't come at all.
Why don't you do a little research of how much having millions of people who do not belong here costed the original native inhabitants? And I'm not talking about money, I'm talking about lives.

Last edited by Yac; 12-18-2008 at 04:33 AM..

Old 12-17-2008, 08:55 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
It's ironic how when i made a thread about that one immmigrant being murdered because of his ethnicity, that a lot of so called anti-illegals were complaining about how murder is murder etc.

Quote:
What's gotten so bad is that crimes are now seen only as bad IF and only IF they can be viewed as race or gay hate crimes.

If this Ecuadoran had been killed because the killers thought he was straight, that wouldn't be a hate crime, and since race is out because the killers are not white, it's going to be viewed as less bad.

Murder is murder. Murder should not be excused because a white was killed, or a heterosexual was killed. All murder is about hate
I still fail to understand what legal status has to do with being a killer.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:59 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishRules View Post
*snort* Numbers from a devoted anti-illegal publication, why am I not surprised?

You do know that California was once a part of Mexico, right?
Good Lord. California ceased being a part of Mexico in 1846, over 160 years ago. Irrespective of whether you happen to like it or not, CA is not now a part of Mexico and has not been for a very long time.

Quote:
So it's not that far-fetched that a high number of births in there comes from Mexicans.
Now let me ask you a question. Since we have established that California is not part of Mexico and has not been for over 100 years, why should there be a high number of Mexican births in CA? Guess what? The US is not their country. They need to go back home and have their kids there. There is no reason the US taxpayer should be sucked dry paying the hospital bills of people who quite simply are not supposed to be here in the first place.

Quote:
Maybe in another hundred years, you may be able to get rid of the Latin American population of California (though good luck with that). On the other hand, you say they were paid by tax payers. You want those births to be paid by themselves? Then give them papers so they can start actively paying taxes like everybody else!!
An illegal alien with a 7th grade education, no discernible job skills and a refusal to speak English is going to be very limited in the type of work he or she can do. They will be suited for nothing but unskilled labor. They will earn low wages and pay little, if anything, in taxes. They are always going to take more out of the system than they put in. They are never going to be anything but a drain on society.
You think if they were legal they would be paying their hospital bills? What a joke! They will do nothing of the sort. They will be covered by a government program and the US taxpayer will still be on the hook. By the way, my husband has been an anesthesiologist for over twenty five years and I am a retired CRNA (look it up). We have both witnessed first hand the disastrous effect millions of nonpaying illegals have had on the US healthcare system so if you want to argue with me about the horrific drain on our healthcare resources, bring it on.

Quote:
The rest of the statistics. First, you're giving those statistics referring to another right-wing site, not the actual FBI, where's the link to the FBI website? And, even if that were true, which I doubt of course, a huge part of those statistics come from states who are typically illegal (especially Mexican-)-haters like Arizona. So I don't really trust those numbers.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:13 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
I don't believe his immigration status has anything to do with his criminality. He's a criminal because he broke American laws and that would be why he's a threat. Not because he's illegal. Timothy McVeigh was a former American Soldier and he killed dozens, including women and children. Would you say that all American soldiers are dangerous?

I love how racists claim they arent racist (see the Adolf Hitler kid stories (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081217/ap_on_fe_st/odd_hitler_cake - broken link)) when they clearly are. They hear spanish and assume the person is an illegal immigrant. They see brown skin, and automatically that person is a potential terrorist. The simple fact is that 99% of illegals are coming here for a better life and cannot wait the 7+ years through the legal channels so they cross illegally. Crime is home grown in most cases, and this story was one of those "stupid person lets murderer into home" types. I didn't let the crackhead into my house in New Orleans when he was asking for work...cause I'm not stupid. Like I stated earlier, crime and murder rates are significantly higher in many places where illegal immigration is less prevalent than the places where it is most prevalent. The two largest Mexican border towns in the US (El Paso, San Diego) are both known for being big cities that are not wrought with violent crime. Detroit, right next to Canada, IS. How do you explain that?

What we're arguing against is not that this guy is innocent, but that his immigration status had no bearing on his crime. How many other murders happened the same day that weren't committed by Illegal Immigrants?
Please indicate where I stated his immigration status determines his propensity to commit murder. Look hard, you won’t find it in this thread or any thread I’ve posted on. Criminals come in ALL races/ethnicities, and no particular group can claim exemption. I simply stated that countless illegal aliens have been arrested for crimes, and/or deported on numerous occasions, only to later commit murder. That’s a fact, not an opinion. I am equally appalled when I hear of a U.S. citizen falling through the cracks, such as a sicko pedophile being arrested several times and released who later kills a child. Unlike you, I don’t try to justify crime due to the race/ethnicity, or immigration status of the perpetrator.

Furthermore, I will tell you the same I have told others of your ilk. I challenge you to find ONE post where this “racist†has stated that all Mexicans/Hispanics/Latinos are inherently criminal; where this “racist†has stated they are subhuman; where this “racist†has stated I hate them; where this “racist†has stated all Spanish-speaking immigrants are illegal aliens; where this “racist†has stated they should be harmed; where this “racist†has denigrated ANY race/ethnicity. As a matter of fact, you won’t read one post where I have stated I “hate†anyone other than child molesters. Go ahead, peruse to your heart's content.

FYI, I am a black female with a biracial son. I was married to a legal immigrant whose native language is Spanish and who has a very sexy accent. He also vehemently opposes illegal immigration.

I do not apologize for my stance on illegal immigration. Nor will I allow you, or any other self-righteous illegal alien apologist to question my integrity. I stand by my convictions, and the fact that you disapprove means zilch.

If you want to engage in intelligent discourse, I welcome the debate. If you are here simply to inflame, I won’t waste my time. Get your facts straight before you start spewing your BS accusations of racism.

I won’t bother to respond to your ad hominem soldier nonsense, nor your “brown skin†terrorist connection. It's sheer foolishness.

Good night.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Good Lord. California ceased being a part of Mexico in 1846, over 160 years ago. Irrespective of whether you happen to like it or not, CA is not now a part of Mexico and has not been for a very long time.
Yeah, I was expecting this one. And like it or not, after more than 160 years of being in the US, CA still has a huge population of Latin Americans.
Quote:
Now let me ask you a question. Since we have established that California is not part of Mexico and has not been for over 100 years, why should there be a high number of Mexican births in CA? Guess what? The US is not their country. They need to go back home and have their kids there. There is no reason the US taxpayer should be sucked dry paying the hospital bills of people who quite simply are not supposed to be here in the first place.

An illegal alien with a 7th grade education, no discernible job skills and a refusal to speak English is going to be very limited in the type of work he or she can do. They will be suited for nothing but unskilled labor. They will earn low wages and pay little, if anything, in taxes. They are always going to take more out of the system than they put in. They are never going to be anything but a drain on society.
Guess what? Your country was formed by people who, by your own terms, was not supposed to be there in the first place. The ones who first settled here were a drain on the original inhabitants, but still they stayed. Then, illegals came and established, eventually became legal, and now the entire families are even citizens of the US. So don't worry, that will happen too with the ones who are illegal now. They will eventually become legal, and their children will be citizens. That's how it works, it's the never-ending circle.

Quote:
We have both witnessed first hand the disastrous effect millions of nonpaying illegals have had on the US healthcare system so if you want to argue with me about the horrific drain on our healthcare resources, bring it on.
Hey the US represents always a horrific drain in a worldwide scale (both economically and in natural resources), so it's only fair to give back a little.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:25 PM

94 posts, read 126,558 times
Quote:
You do know that California was once a part of Mexico, right? So it's not that far-fetched that a high number of births in there comes from Mexicans.
It was part of Mexico for what? 20 years?

The entire Southwest that was part of Mexico, the entire part, had a whopping 50,000 people in it @ the time we bought it. Furthermore, the majority of those people were White-Spanish.

So, the entire premise that they are people that had somehow been living there for hundreds of years is incorrect. This massive immigration from Mexico & Latin America is something of a recent phenomena.

As for the violent crimes & gangs: This is occurring from legal Hispanic immigrants as well. Though, many of these gangs are made up of Hispanic-Americans and legal immigrants, not only illegals.

Like Blacks, Hispanics commit a disproportional amount of crime in this country and both make up the overwhelming amount of gang activity.

Keep in mind the 12% Black population commits 52% of all homicides (incredible this fact is often ignored because this is so ridiculous...) and the U.S Doj ropes Brown Hispanics as 'White.' However, because 1/3rd of federal prisoners are Hispanic, we can deduce that of the 46-or-so% of homicides committed by 'Whites' about a third or so are Hispanic.

I find it astounding the level of crime committed by certain groups of the population compared to the marginal, and shrinking due a ridiculously stupid immigration policy, majority.

Old 12-17-2008, 09:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:

You do know that California was once a part of Mexico, right? So it's not that far-fetched that a high number of births in there comes from Mexicans. Maybe in another hundred years, you may be able to get rid of the Latin American population of California (though good luck with that). On the other hand, you say they were paid by tax payers. You want those births to be paid by themselves? Then give them papers so they can start actively paying taxes like everybody else!!

FYI: Mexico has jurisdiction over our Southwest from 1821-48. Prior to that it belonged to Spain. Besides: most of the inhabitants of then Mexico stayed on after the USA took possession.

As for your (barely) implied slap at me: I am not racist. Note though I am extremely prejudiced against criminals-----------which do include illegal aliens regardless of race/ethnicity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration