Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 08:22 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishRules View Post
Back it up, I want proof of that. Unless you back this up, it will only be a comment from a person upset because s/he cannot debate rationally. (Don't have a plausible answer when someone is backing up their claims? Do.not.worry!! Just say the source is 'unrepudible' and you're all set.")
Face it: few posters here take you seriously.............I certainly don't.

You talk in circles and duck direct questions.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:30 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
That's not a dictionary. That is just anti-illegal propaganda. But, since we are all giving links to accomodate us, here are mine:
-National Council of La Raza: About NCLR (http://www.nclr.org/section/about - broken link)
-Justice for Immigrants
-National Immigration Forum
-ICIRR | Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights

I didn't twist anything. You did not, and still have not, shown us anything that substantiates your claim.
What you posted are sites that feel the US should simply open the borders to anyone who wants in, and that the US should give legal status to all those who came here illegally. Great. Now we know that there are websites that cater to people who advocate these positions. We still haven't see any posting from you that proves your original claim; that anyone who is not rich is refused legal admission to the US. And if you're going to tell me I have to dig 15 levels down, to some line item on a table no one knows exists, I'm going to ask you to POST IT HERE.

Old 12-18-2008, 08:38 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Back it up, I want proof of that. Unless you back this up, it will only be a comment from a person upset because s/he cannot debate rationally.
An orginization that Lobbies for someone who knowingly disrespects laws and committs fraud is antiAmerican and only speaks for illegals.

La Raza has openly admitted that they are Anti-American.
Prove me wrong..............

"Anti-American La Raza Hate Group Studies"
Critics, from the state’s schools chief to lawmakers to conservative talk-show hosts and columnists, have singled out Mexican-American/Raza Studies in particular, saying it’s divisive and turns students into angry revolutionaries. Raza Studies serves about 500 high school students, who take a four-course block of history, social justice and two Chicano literature classes. Their PowerPoint presentation is critical of policies toward English learners. Then comes an exploration of classroom décor, with photos of classroom items students consider culturally insensitive. First up is a baseball poster, which they say should be soccer or rugby to validate other cultures. Next up flashes the Pledge of Allegiance and a patriotic poster featuring the Statue of Liberty, the American flag and an eagle. “Most of the kids are from a different country, and this is showing them that this is the country that’s the greatest and yours doesn’t matter,” a student maintains

Anti-American La Raza Hate Group Studies // United for A Sovereign America (USA)

Old 12-18-2008, 08:43 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Once again. This sight shows a 30.9% refusal rate. Why? In ability to prove applicant will return to mexico as required by terms of the VISA. And this is a pro mexico web sight.
The point being that so many have failed to return as required the rules were changed as a result. Blame is on those who disregarded the terms in the past. We as a nation simply reacted to a demonstrated trend.
Thousands of Mexicans Wait Patiently for US Visa
Another sight which explains the why...
http://www.sodahead.com/question/64469/racism-or-realsm-denying-visas-to-mexicans-visiting-the-usa/?page=1

Last edited by tinman01; 12-18-2008 at 08:52 PM..

Old 12-18-2008, 09:08 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Face it: few posters here take you seriously.............I certainly don't.

You talk in circles and duck direct questions.
Who cares what posters here think. Mainstream people wouldn't take most of the people in here seriously at all.
This place is seen as a loony bin to the rest of city-data.
Sometimes people see an eye catching thread, express their disgust, then leave without looking back.

Old 12-18-2008, 09:57 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
The fact remains that amnesty accross the board followed by immigration control is the only way to go.
Nope.

Been there. Done that. 1986--Amnesty with the promise of secure borders and no more amnesties.

We all see just how well that worked out.

1. Heavily fine and/or imprison anyone, individual or corporation, found to employ illegal aliens.
2. Cut off all but emergency (true emergency) services for illegal aliens and their anchor children.
3. Clarify and/or eliminate the Fourteenth Amendment--a misinterpretation so far from the intent of the original authors it would be laughable if it weren't so abominable.
4. Secure our borders. Enforce our current laws.

No impetus to be here and voila! Deportation through attrition.

The only way to fly.....

Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Who cares what posters here think. Mainstream people wouldn't take most of the people in here seriously at all.
This place is seen as a loony bin to the rest of city-data.
Sometimes people see an eye catching thread, express their disgust, then leave without looking back.
Yep, just as you did (not).

Face it letterboy. You're a full fledged member of the loony bin.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:18 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
That's a lie.

Nice, what an "easy" solution. Why hadn't I thought about it before? Let me just take out my magic wand and do exactly that.

Because Mexico is next to the USA, so it's only obvious.

The whole bunch of people coming to this country illegally actually contradicts this very assertion, but let me tell you that no, Mexico's certainly not one of the wealthiest nations of the world.

And all this argument dies when you're left out of a job and stop receiving any income at all.

It is not a lie, the USA takes in far more legal immigrants than any other nation. Far more.

Mexico IS one of the wealthiest nations in the world. More billionaires than most other nations, very plentiful natural resources, large land mass, the same two ocean coasts that the USA has. Oil. Mexico is somewhere between the 12th and the 15th richest nations in the world. That's a fact.

Mexico also has lower unemployment statistics than the USA. Mexico boasts of an unemployment rate of less than 4%. Considerably lower than the USA. Most illegals had a job before they left Mexico. That's a fact.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:19 PM

Quote:
So you do understand Spanish? Again conveniently letting out the fact that they only deported those people because they already had criminal records:
Exactly, it is criminal to be in a country illegally. All illegals are criminals, including Americans who are breaking the laws of Mexico by being there illegally.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Why would I do that?, I'm already in.

First of all, it's hard not to be condescending when all the great arguments provided to disagree with me are like the quote I posted before yours in this comment. Appart, of course, than the fact that there has been a lot of condescention toward me, already. But you've not asked from anyone of them to stop being condescending, right?
Second, the numbers you gave... from a US government. How are they showing how untrue is my opening statement, if my opening statement deals with statistics from Mexico, not the US. My opening statement means only what it says: In Mexico, you say "I don't have a job, so I don't have an income, what will I do if I don't find a job HERE?" Then you go to the US Embassy and the dialogue goes something like this:
- "I'd like to apply for a working visa"
-"Reason?"
-"I don't lost my job here."
-"Any of your parents is a US citizen?"
-"No"
-"Do you have a job in the US?"
-"No, that's why I want to find there. To find one."
-"Then no. You cannot have a working visa for the United States. Next!"

It has nothing to do with the numbers provided in the link you gave.
How about you check the rules for an American to emigrate legally to Mexico. Mexico also has requirements that legal immigrants to Mexico must meet.

No way should the USA simply allow in every impoverished, uneducated, unskilled indigent person in the world who can only end up dependent on welfare handouts.

Legal immigration requires an employer or family sponsor for the immigrant, that requirement should be tightened because many family sponsors fail to provide for their immigrant and they end up the responsibility of taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration