Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
That's a lie.
Really? So, which country(ies) accepted more than 1,266,264 foreign nationals in 2006?

Quote:
but let me tell you that no, Mexico's certainly not one of the wealthiest nations of the world.
Not one of the wealthiest nations yet has the 12th largest GDP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Massive emigration isn't even helping your country. Mexico is not becoming more stable for not resolving it's problems and keeping it's people home with their families, it's becoming more instable.

You people aren't interested in fixing the problems of your country because it's just too easy to pack up and head to the USA and demand everything be provided for you in Spanish and insist that you will keep your own cultural ways and never learn anything of this great country, it's culture, history and language.

It would benefit far more people if instead of everyone believing they have some unlimited right to simply pack up and get to the USA, if they would work for a more just society in their own land.

All you people who abandoned Mexico did not help it, did not improve it, you've done nothing for anyone but yourselves.
^ This post sums up much of the problems that US citizens have with illegal Mexicans.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:34 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSuSushi View Post
Okay, fine, you win. If you're from Mexico, it's too tough to enter the USA legally. So go to some other country where it's easier to get in. Problem, meet solution.
Most other countries are smart enough not to be guilt tripped in becoming Mexico's enabler.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:37 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Most other countries are smart enough not to be guilt tripped in becoming Mexico's enabler.
I would have no heartburn with our border with Mexico being sealed off-------especially with that country imploding as we speak between the drug wars and general economic crash.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:37 PM

1,175 posts, read 1,785,557 times
We obviously don't let them in legally because there are too many here illegally already, there is no work for the illegal immigrants here already, we have enough crime from illegal immigrants already!!!
So yes, they try to come in legally and are told NO....NO KIDDING! Why should we say yes to millions of people who we can't afford to support, house, educate, medicate, clothe, feed....etc. if they come legally or not, we don't NEED them here....PERIOD!
Legal immigration is a method used to let people in when they are political refugees or when the country...that is THIS country, the U.S. , needs to let people in....We don't need hundreds of millions of Mexicans in the U.S. legally ...(and obviously we don't need them ILLEGALLY)... for ANY reason....we have a hard enough time housing and educating and finding work for the CITIZENS who are already here LEGITIMATELY!!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:49 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,210 times
And the illegals having boat loads of kids are not doing us any favors. How does making me a minority benefit me. Would millions of Anglo immigrants entering Mexico and out breeding Mexicans benefit Mexicans. What a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishRules View Post
That's the problem of humanity and why we are ending each other off. We stop caring for other humans.

More fair than Mexico's?! Where you get that from? US citizen's enter and leave Mexico freely (the same in the southern border) and they are NEVER rejected, so you are just grabbing around blindly for a reply.

Again: When it's convenient for the own 'argument', of course. It's wrong to 'break the law' by jumping the border illegally but it's not wrong to shoot and kill illegals (even if homicide is against the law).
1. We have many of our own problems to contend with and not enough money to do it. Let Mexico or any other country clean up their own mess for a change.
2.Can I own land in mexico? Can I get a civil service job in mexico? Didn't think so. The reason they allow us to enter is the fact we leave when we are supposed to. They also know that most Americans won't sneak accross to take advantage of their society. The same can not be said about Mexico's citizens.
3. Prove your last statement.... Show me any post of mine that stated that it is acceptable to shoot illegals, harm illegals or mistreat illegals.
Your entire post is flawed and without merit.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
See link above. And also visit the Pew Hispanic Center website to get that. And how would the ins/ice websites would have any statistics of the real numbers if they are not in Mexico?
It's the US government who is denying the entry to people who want to legally work, not Mexico's, so how you expect my people to do anything?
Thousands? Try one. Yes, countries like Australia or Germany have also (like any other country) immigration standards, rules and requirements, but they will give entry to anyone who really wants to go work in those, if they meet the elligibility requirements, which pretty much reduce themselves to skills and studies. The US, however, won't let any person who wants to better their life status, because one of the requirements is that you have money to begin with. Only the ones who are rich. And this is exactly my point. How hypocrite is saying "Go back to your and come illegally, but we won't accept any poverty-stricken and low-skilled people in our country." BTW, low-skilled according to who, exactly? More than one of my college friends who have legally applied for a work visa, degree in hand, have been outright REJECTED.

Like saying that all the poor children who are are raquitic must die, because that's life, how... lacking of feelings.

Yes, that exactly what I'm saying. And no, it's not like nobody can be rejected. The fact is that everyone who is not rich or works for a transnacional gets rejected.
And you are full of ****e. Australia and Germany both require a visa for entry even for US citizens. Australia has a very tight control over the mix that they allow in.
Thailand like most countries requires a size-able amount of money to be deposited in a Thai bank before they will consider a permanent visa for anyone. For an american that price tag is 50 grand... I will never be allowed to own land, work civil service, hold a gov position. None of the above is true for people immigrating to the USA.

But once again how is it the USA's responsibility to accept the worlds poor? Mexico is not a poor nation... Let Mexico and its citizens find a way to improve their conditions.
Sorry but your people as you call them are not our responsibility. Let them apply their energies towards making Mexico a better place to live.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:09 PM

64 posts, read 91,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
They also know that most Americans won't sneak accross to take advantage of their society. The same can not be said about Mexico's citizens.
You're assuming a lot with the first. The second... Why and how??
Quote:
3. Prove your last statement.... Show me any post of mine that stated that it is acceptable to shoot illegals, harm illegals or mistreat illegals.
Your entire post is flawed and without merit.
Quote:
I have no issue with chipping any illegal we catch and deport ... If they don't want to be chipped don't enter illegally. Don't over stay your visa.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:18 PM

Quote:
You're assuming a lot with the first. The second... Why and how??
You have failed to show where I called for in your words Killing or shooting illegals.
Chipping is not harming them in anyway, but it does allow us to track them if they re-enter. If you don't want to be chipped don't enter illegally.
As to your first line.. Who is entering our country paying no taxes and yet taking advantage of our social services? Illegal aliens the majority of which are????? Mexican citizens. Care to compare the number of US citizens entering and residing in mexico illegally with the reverse? I thought not.

Old 12-18-2008, 03:31 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
All the people who claim "I'm not against immigrants, just the ones who come here illegally. You want to get rights?- go back to your country and return legally." Aaaall of you know perfectly well that when an immigrant who is not rich and even just wants to have something to eat, goes for the first time to the US Embassy and ASK for a working or resident visa, they will all be rejected with a categorical "NO!!!!"

So you conveniently let that slip and outright ignore it in favor of saying "come here legally!", knowing that the US don't let them come legally, in the first place. So stop whining about people doing their best to better their own way of life.
....So when I'm hungry and broke, I go to a grocery store and ask if I could have some sandwich meat. If they say NO, I should just take it anyway?..

Now why didn't I think of that?...

Your justification has no logic what so ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration