U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 01:01 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Tecate, Malta, lol. Mexican restaurants are popping up like hamburger stands too.

Like I keep saying, as long as they pay taxes and stay out of trouble I don't really care that they're here.

-TT
But so many don't pay taxes and don't stay out of trouble. Are jails and prisons are full of them. And the few that do pay taxes don't come close to paying for all the ones that don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2007, 01:51 PM

504 posts, read 1,619,132 times
I noticed more Hispanics a while ago, but mostly when all the racists and bigots came out of the closet.

Old 03-04-2007, 08:19 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
We noticed it in the middle 80's, parents walking and driving around with
5 to 12 kids, average 7. At first I thought that the kids had brought
their friends with them, but it was siblings. Things were cheap then and they could afford all the kids somehow. These illegals did not look at you for the most part and were very quiet keeping to themselves. Then they all got amnesty and that followed another massive migration of pregnant women etc. to America. Now, they are not quiet, but demanding and angry, etc., and they are not having many kids now due to them raising ours and theirs cost of living.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:16 AM

1,393 posts, read 869,473 times
Actually in my area we have experienced a great number of legals and illegals from Mexico,Peru,& Brazil due to a ski resort being built in the last two years but, it has gone from not noticeable to over whelming. They have been bringing them in by the truck loads. They were suppose to hire locals first and at first they did but, found any reason to let you go and now very few whites have the jobs. Write ups in our local paper on how the town has welcomed the people who want better lives and look at the diversity we our adding to our resort. Our stores stock Mexican candy and soda the writing on the packages are Spanish. The meat section is scary some of the meat I don't recognize or would even think of eating!!

When they first started coming here they were pleasant now they act like we owe them and they are here to stay and we can't do anything about it.

What about the Americans who want a better life and the same give away benefits!!! I believe Americans would work for those benefits and a decent pay. We seem to think we need to give these to non-citizens!!

Old 03-05-2007, 12:31 PM

1,431 posts, read 3,571,011 times
As I look back in history for a comparison of America to another parallel in history, maybe it would be the Roman Empire. The most powerful empire on earth. However, it attempted to unite millions of UNunited people. People of different cultures, beliefs, languages, and differing views of the empires future. It became impossible to hold together, and collapsed.

Now this is present day America, just look at elections. Its always 50/50. Atleast half the country will never be satisfied no matter what the outcome. And the melting pot of America which is drastically increasing, continues to divide the nation, and you have increasing amounts of dissatisfied people, and a government sworn to protect its people and refuses. You have an entirely different culture and language coming in and are demanding that this nation bend to them, they will change when they are ready...

It was Abraham Lincoln who said, "a house divided against itself cannot stand."

Old 03-05-2007, 05:52 PM

1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
And the few that do pay taxes don't come close to paying for all the ones that don't.
Actually almost all pay taxes, just like Americans, it comes out of every American/illegal immigrant paycheck. Even Construction workers and Farmers receive checks, that Federal and State Taxes were removed from, almost every job has a company take taxes out of each and every personal paycheck.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:10 PM

1,431 posts, read 3,571,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Actually almost all pay taxes, just like Americans, it comes out of every American/illegal immigrant paycheck. Even Construction workers and Farmers receive checks, that Federal and State Taxes were removed from, almost every job has a company take taxes out of each and every personal paycheck.
Almost all pay taxes?

dusesean, please tell everyone where you are getting your information from. I would respect your posts alot more if I had some sort of a link provided of where you get this information. It seems you post your opinion only, with no facts to support your claims.

Old 08-30-2007, 06:00 AM

1,210 posts, read 1,036,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
Almost all pay taxes?

dusesean, please tell everyone where you are getting your information from. I would respect your posts alot more if I had some sort of a link provided of where you get this information. It seems you post your opinion only, with no facts to support your claims.
We need facts to support your claims.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:24 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,697,700 times
Default the last 6 yrs

In the last 6 yrs or so I have seen so many states to start having this issue when it was thought there would be an issue. I noticed how bad the problem was when Americans are having a harder and harder time finding jobs other than high level professional careers because illegals are getting them all.

The bad thing is that other states that may not have a big issue now are doing the same thing by saying "well they are not an issue here so I dont care".

Old 08-30-2007, 01:08 PM

2,516 posts, read 7,548,358 times
we californians have been dealing with the illegal problem since before the '87 amnesty, and it has grown steadily worse since then. when it was mostly california and the southwest affected, the rest of the country didn't really care what was happening here. i don't know the reason for that, but i suspect a mix of ignorance of the magnitude of the situation (as recently as eight years ago, i was describing the situation in CA to astounded philadelphians!), self-interest, and apathy. now that the invasion has seeped into formerly unaffected parts of the country-- including some places with really cold winters i'm surprised mexicans and central americans would brave-- americans are beginning to wake up.

i wish we had reached this point in our national awareness about 15 years ago, and we're nowhere near where we need to be in terms of taking action. defeating the amnesty bill was a step in the right direction, but anyone who thinks that the hydra won't sprout another head is mistaken. all we managed was to maintain the dysfunctional status quo, but nothing has changed in our favor. the illegals and their supporters are more emboldened now than ever before; it's only congress that's cowed-- for the time being. were we not going into an election year, i suspect our (mis)representatives would have ignored the vox populi and passed their beloved "not amnesty" amnesty bill. luckily for them, our collective memory has proven itself to be about two years long, and as soon as they are safely re-elected, they'll go ahead and do what they want. vox who?

i hate to be so cynical, but i'm a californian, and while the rest of the country is beginning to see the tip of the iceberg heading in your direction, our titanic is already languishing at the bottom of the pacific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or