Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 06:35 PM

1,703 posts, read 6,454,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YapCity View Post
Glad they're working, but it would be nice if they paid taxes on that income.
-TT
As a matter of fact almost all do pay taxes in the Construction Sector, along with other Job Sectors illegal immigrants are a part of. The IRS sees fit that every employeer taken money from every paycheck of those being hired, legal or not. Taxes are taken out of each and every paycheck, because many illegal immigrants use fake Social Security numbers in order to receive a paycheck, thus having taxes taken from their weekly or monthly income.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2007, 08:01 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,764,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
As a matter of fact almost all do pay taxes in the Construction Sector, along with other Job Sectors illegal immigrants are a part of. The IRS sees fit that every employeer taken money from every paycheck of those being hired, legal or not. Taxes are taken out of each and every paycheck, because many illegal immigrants use fake Social Security numbers in order to receive a paycheck, thus having taxes taken from their weekly or monthly income.

From what I have learned most work as contract day labor and have no taxes withheld from their pay as most are paid in cash...A TV news show here even had one of their empoyees hire out as a day loborer and no taxes were witheld from his pay....And that was CBS channel 11 in Houston..

I'd like to see a link to where you are getting your facts from...You spit out a lot of stuff here but it's time you back up what you say !

Yes it's true some work with fake and stolen ID's but most don't..

Old 03-03-2007, 04:35 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,311,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opelske View Post
Can anyone tell me about the area outside of Duke or Durham. Looking to relocate and would like some information to research. Thanks.
Try the North Carolina pages

Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,485,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolligrump View Post
When did I notice? In my previous job as a 9th Grade High School Registrar, when I had to enroll illegals, (thanks to the, “No Child Left Behind Act”), without grades and testing information. I wasn’t allowed to inquire as to if they were illegal or not. Very hard to place a student in the correct grade level without this information, and yet we were expected too! We had to look the other way, as no one was to accuse the parents of being illegal. I find this very disturbing.
Wake up America!!!

Illegal Immigration has to be stopped. Take a look at these websites and see
where
all your tax dollars are going:

1. http://immigrationcounters.com/
2. www.congressandimmigration.com

Old 03-03-2007, 05:27 PM

340 posts, read 743,416 times
Quote:
Where do you think those SS#'s come from ??? Thin air ??? No, alot of them are actual numbers already assigned to people...

Just wait until one or more of them uses your SS# as his or her fake one. The earned wages are reported as your income, and since they claimed married and the max dependents, you get to pay taxes on however much is short, not to mention the consequences of moving you into a higher tax bracket... That is the latest problem that has been growing larger and being reported on now..... If this happens to you, please let us know how it turns out. Maybe the Illegals will take a collection and help you pay the bill...

Old 03-03-2007, 10:26 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,485,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina_native View Post
When did you first notice that illegals aliens were a problem in America? In North Carolina I guess I had started noticing it in the late 90's, but more so around 2000-2001. And it has gotten to be now an issue for the entire country, where basically every community has to deal with it some way or the other. Most recently in NC, we have had several fatal DWI crashes involving illegals that has really catapulted the issue forwards. When or what was it that made you stop and think for the first time that the illegal aliens were becoming an issue?

That's when I first noticed they were becoming a problem was in the 90's, three mexicans killed a man in Ky. that I knew. He owned a small horse farm and they came to his farm looking for jobs but he didn't need any more people, so they killed him because he wouldn't give them a job. They stabbed him 19 times with knives, his wife saw them kill him.

Old 03-03-2007, 10:34 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,608,377 times
Quote:
That almost sounds true, lol.

This is not the case. Almost all of them are paid in cash, ESPECIALLY in the "construction sector". It's usually a one or two man home improvement biz looking for some day labor, but larger contractors are known to employ them for demo work, lifting, etc.

Where on earth did you get all of that from? That might be the case in Cali, but definitely not in NYC. There are no taxes being withheld.

Half of that business is off the books to begin with.

-TT

Old 03-03-2007, 10:37 PM

1,300 posts, read 2,608,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Is Tecate available where you're at?

Tecate, Malta, lol. Mexican restaurants are popping up like hamburger stands too.

Like I keep saying, as long as they pay taxes and stay out of trouble I don't really care that they're here.

-TT

Old 03-04-2007, 12:37 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,731,374 times
I noticed it in 1972. I moved to Fountain Valley, CA and went to school in Santa Ana. It was 48% Mexican then, now 99.9%. They were all talking about, La Raza, Aztlan, and Mecha back then. They kept saying that they would take over by over populating and as you can see now it is working.
The legislature in CA during the 70's started to make it mandatory to have voting ballots in Spanish then other languages when Carter invited all the Vietnamese to relocate to CA.
This has been going on in CA forever. All the attempts to stop it have failed due to the ACLU and other liberal judges and politicians.
I hope people in other places have better luck. It’s going to take open protests, more organized groups like the “minute men”, and maybe if the truckers would shut down all trucks for a week or so it might get the attention of the politicians to get this problem under control.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:58 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,071,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I noticed it in 1972. I moved to Fountain Valley, CA and went to school in Santa Ana. It was 48% Mexican then, now 99.9%. They were all talking about, La Raza, Aztlan, and Mecha back then. They kept saying that they would take over by over populating and as you can see now it is working.
The legislature in CA during the 70's started to make it mandatory to have voting ballots in Spanish then other languages when Carter invited all the Vietnamese to relocate to CA.
This has been going on in CA forever. All the attempts to stop it have failed due to the ACLU and other liberal judges and politicians.
I hope people in other places have better luck. It’s going to take open protests, more organized groups like the “minute men”, and maybe if the truckers would shut down all trucks for a week or so it might get the attention of the politicians to get this problem under control.
I just really dont see what the benefit to them would be to 'taking over' parts of the country. The places that have been over populated by illegals has driven the standard of living to third world status, if thats how you want to live...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration