Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 11:46 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,726,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Martin Luther King Jr's daughter, Bernice King, says that illegal aliens in America should be given a path to citizenship. (Report by Penny Starr and Jonathan Schulter, CNSNews.com.)
CNSNews.com - MLK's Daughter: Yes to Path to Citizenship for Illegals (http://www.cnsnews.com/public/cnsnewstv/video.aspx?v=e4nz6U8z8z - broken link)

You can watch the video at the link above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2008, 11:48 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,912,642 times
So what? Another lib who wants to give the country away to people who do not deserve even a crumb of bread from anyone in this country? Are you really this hard up to keep scrounging all over the internet for articles you agree with?

Old 12-19-2008, 11:53 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,726,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
So what? Another lib who wants to give the country away to people who do not deserve even a crumb of bread from anyone in this country? Are you really this hard up to keep scrounging all over the internet for articles you agree with?
I don't see you complaining when people post articles you agree with.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:08 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,278,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Exactly. Nobody has any complaints when the articles come from News With Views(says it all in the title, doesn't it?), World Net Daily, other neo-con websites, and the idiotic rants of Frosty Wooldridge.

At least this comes from a neutral media site.

I can't wait to see the comments on here. MLK's daughter must be a pro-illegal un-American person.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:12 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,150,151 times
I have to say this. Nothing against MLK's daughter but so what? Thats her so what? Sort oflike Jimmy Carter thinks we should do what ever. So what? He is a has been did nothing prez so what.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I have to say this. Nothing against MLK's daughter but so what? Thats her so what? Sort oflike Jimmy Carter thinks we should do what ever. So what? He is a has been did nothing prez so what.
Exactly. Just another liberal loon who doesn't care about the country.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Touche!!! You got me. You win. Now, try to find something posted about someone who actually cares about the country.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:34 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,603,231 times
Frankly, I am tired of political and activist dynasties. Her opinion is interesting, but it is no more valid then mine because her father was famous and a much beloved (and powerful) civil rights leader.
Now, had MLK himself said this, it would hold weight. His daughter...mmmm, not so much.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Not for nothing, but the extremist "anti-illegal" camp frequently brings up any kind of Black voice they can find, to legitimize their "struggle" as Americans, and keep them from looking like a bunch of angry white people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Convert54 and JDM, very good facts brought back to light.

We absolutely need the African Americans support. Illegals have been trying to apply themselves to the rights intended for AA's. (affimitive action, the civil rights movments, ect)
African Americans are the hidden power we've been looking for.
They could turn out to be the backbone of this fight!
Why the African-Americans support? Why not just "more Americans support"? Typical attitude carried by many in that camp. Finding a Mexican/Latino who agrees with them is a good thing to do. But not as powerful as having a Black who agrees with them.

Old 12-19-2008, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Frankly, I am tired of political and activist dynasties. Her opinion is interesting, but it is no more valid then mine because her father was famous and a much beloved (and powerful) civil rights leader.
Now, had MLK himself said this, it would hold weight. His daughter...mmmm, not so much.
But what if she made remarks against illegal immigrants getting citizenship?
I'm sure you and others would be singing a much different tune, and I don't doubt the people on here who spend their mornings googling "immigration" "hispanics" "mexico" "molestation" "drug cartels" "american murdered by illegal" "hispanic statistics" would catch it and post it on here and talk about how "Blacks are with us on this fight!" as if they are some monolithic group that isn't comprised of individuals who have different opinions like everyone else.

But since she goes against your guys' opinions....mmmm, not so much. And of course the obligatory replies attempting to discredit her for not agreeing with you guys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration