U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 03:02 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It is perfectly acceptable for families to relocate to a different region of the country for a better opportunity. My family moved from Western PA years ago and relocated in DC because my dad was offered a better job. It's quite different from people illegally entering another country, committing ID theft and fraud, and ignoring the laws of a sovereign nation. There’s really no comparison. There is a difference between right and wrong.
OTRA VEZ!

We're not talking about what's acceptable or what's right. We're talking about needs. If they have REASON to come here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 03:04 PM

472 posts, read 627,704 times
antialphabet:
There is a world of difference in migrating from Oklahoma to California compared to ILLEGALY migrating from Mexico to The U.S.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
antialphabet:
There is a world of difference in migrating from Oklahoma to California compared to ILLEGALY migrating from Mexico to The U.S.
Before you post, review the thread and see if anyone else has said anything like what you are planning on saying, and then check if anyone has responded.
Otherwise, it just gets repetitive.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:06 PM

472 posts, read 627,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
OTRA VEZ!

We're not talking about what's acceptable or what's right. We're talking about needs. If they have REASON to come here.
REASON has nothing to do with it. Illegal is illegal.
Itentify
Deport

Old 12-20-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedsnake View Post
REASON has nothing to do with it. Illegal is illegal.
Itentify
Deport
Don't hurt yourself, man. I guess what I'm talking about what a little too abstract a thought.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:10 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
OTRA VEZ!

Anti it goes without saying that we have it better than they do. It also goes without saying that americans should not have to sacrifice anything to elevate the standards SOB. Those people regardless of cause, need or desire have intruded themselves upon us. Just as if a family moved into your garage uninvited and insist that you accept them. I myself will never accept illegals or the demands they place upon us. WE have a valid system in place. I already posted a link that shows that only 36% of applicants are denied. I don't agree with many laws. But I still obey them. I love Thailand but don't agree with many of their laws. But when I go there I obey them. Thats called respect. Illegals lack respect for our laws and for US citizens. That is the reason for the animosity towards them.... Its not about race, gender or ethnic background.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:12 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Anti it goes without saying that we have it better than they do. It also goes without saying that americans should not have to sacrifice anything to elevate the standards SOB. Those people regardless of cause, need or desire have intruded themselves upon us. Just as if a family moved into your garage uninvited and insist that you accept them. I myself will never accept illegals or the demands they place upon us. WE have a valid system in place. I already posted a link that shows that only 36% of applicants are denied. I don't agree with many laws. But I still obey them. I love Thailand but don't agree with many of their laws. But when I go there I obey them. Thats called respect. Illegals lack respect for our laws and for US citizens. That is the reason for the animosity towards them.... Its not about race, gender or ethnic background.
Bravo, well stated. Nobody likes or should be forced to accept the unacceptable. They would better serve themselves by cramming acceptance of themselves down the throats of their own government and oligarchies, in their own country.

Apparently, their own country doesn't want them. We don't want or need them either, what's so hard to understand about that reality? Nobody drug them here and we shouldn't be forced live like we are in mexico or any other foreign country. Nor should we be forced to pay for their well being, their offspring, livelihood or transport back to their countries of origin for that matter.

Old 12-20-2008, 03:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Don't hurt yourself, man. I guess what I'm talking about what a little too abstract a thought.
Close/lock at least our southern border-----------problem solved

Old 12-20-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Close/lock at least our southern border-----------problem solved
There you go!
The surefire way to avoid abstract thinking used again!

Old 12-20-2008, 03:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
There you go!
The surefire way to avoid abstract thinking used again!
Sorry; pal.........I am not taking the bait
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or