U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 03:12 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Your unaffected by illegal immigration, so you wouldn't understand. If you were affected, as most of us here are, you wouldn't be asking these questions.

Figure it out yourself.
What do you know about everyone in this forum that I don't?
You response in no way answers my question about how one can tell how many illegals are here, and be so sure it's one specific number besides another one?

Have you personally gone out and counted the illegals in this country to give such an asinine response?

Old 12-24-2008, 03:32 AM

706 posts, read 1,312,752 times
I'm offended when people are referred to as "illegals". The only thing that should be illegal are theft, rape, murder, wrongful imprisonment, etc. Yes, there is a short-term need to control immigration, but I hope 50-100 years from now borders will be far less important than they are today. Human beings are human beings, no matter if they paid their bribes and have their papers in order with the government thugs or not!

Old 12-24-2008, 06:16 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
We don't have the tools to calculate the number of undocumented in the US, however the number of the so anchor children may be an indication since they are U.S. citizens, the number of these chidren has been growing dramatically, for a total of more than ten million in the past
few years, with most parents going back and forth from Mexico, these children are not going anywhere, and eventually their parents and siblings
will join them here legally, the total of all recent immigrants from sob may reach 40 million by the end of the next decade, this number plus the 50 million already here legally will make hispanics be almost the majoritary group in the U.S., however in that case scenario the vast majority will be
legal residents, and we will welcome them, since legal immigration is the only solution to the problem.
At this moment the people against immigration are losing the battle, look at Barletta from hazleton PA., he lost again a bid for congress, while we will have B. Obama at least for the next 8 years as president.
Try again.

The joker in the deck is our crashing economy-------------previous downturns led to effective deportation efforts against illegal aliens.

Too; those idiots with their ill advised illegal 'immigrants' 'rights' demonstrations May 2006 caused a lot of us Americans to wake up to the from menace of those criminals.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
I'm offended when people are referred to as "illegals". The only thing that should be illegal are theft, rape, murder, wrongful imprisonment, etc. Yes, there is a short-term need to control immigration, but I hope 50-100 years from now borders will be far less important than they are today. Human beings are human beings, no matter if they paid their bribes and have their papers in order with the government thugs or not!
Illegal=lawbreaker. And factoring in ID theft, non reporting of income and so on----------we are now discussing Felonies AKA criminal acts.

Besides: we are a sovereign nation; if Mexico et al do not like it------------tough.

Old 12-24-2008, 06:23 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Then be offended because illegal aliens are just that, illegal and criminals too.

Old 12-24-2008, 08:05 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
What exactly is the cutoff point for crime in your head? Have you ever had your Social Security # used by someone else? We as a populace pay taxes to further our (read US citizens) infrastructure and social programs. You are ok with mass theft of those services by people that didn't contribute to it?

Every year at tax time I would like you to write in an extra large amount of money to Uncle Sam so that he can use your money and not mine to support the thieves of my Countries social programs.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:03 AM

638 posts, read 1,637,959 times
Quote:
I'm offended when people are referred to as "illegals".
Sorry, you'll have to get in line with the other person who is offended by calling them "aliens".

You and that poster are entitled to undo a ****load of really good laws if you want certain verbiage changed, because they are currently defined, by law, and accurately, as "aliens", who are "illegally" in this country. Hence the verbiage, "illegal aliens", and if trunctated to "illegals", it's completely irrelevant except to those who favor lawlessness and require the use of propaganda as a means to an ends. On a technicality, I prefer "illegal aliens", because anything deviating from that is usually propaganda, which serves its purpose in undermining a ****load of really good laws.

This has been previously discussed, and if you prefer, we could find a compromise, perhaps use "criminals" instead when discussing "illegal aliens". We have also tried to put "dumbing-down" on our to do list to be more politically correct, but unfortunately, due to a higher priority of intelligence, there just hasn't been enough time to fit it in.

Thank you for your input.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:07 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,513,116 times
As to the OP question, there are approximately 24 million illegals in the US at present, give or take a few million. They are not very good at responding to census takers, and there is a lot of coming and going. To do the math for you that's about 1 out of 12 of all people living in the US.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:15 AM

858 posts, read 2,688,885 times
Quote:
I'm offended when people are referred to as "illegals". The only thing that should be illegal are theft, rape, murder, etc.
And what might you think "illegals" do when they jump ship and end up in the USA? They sure don't come here with a peace sign!
Quote:
Yes, there is a short-term need to control immigration, but I hope 50-100 years from now borders will be far less important than they are today.
Are you kidding me?? "short-term need" Come on we need to fix this problem NOW!! Never mind 1 or 2 days from now. In 50 to 100 years if the problem is not sloved might as well change the name to mexico! Not USA.
Quote:
Human beings are human beings, no matter if they paid their bribes and have their papers in order with the government thugs or not!
Did you ever happen to see how these illegals act?? "Human beings" Right!

Old 12-24-2008, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
As to the OP question, there are approximately 24 million illegals in the US at present, give or take a few million. They are not very good at responding to census takers, and there is a lot of coming and going. To do the math for you that's about 1 out of 12 of all people living in the US.
I have to disagree there...........unless one is counting in the US born Anchor Babies--------whose legality here is questionable. Then that may equal 20 milion folks.

Too; the illegal aliens are leaving in droves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or