U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 02:16 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The unescapable fact is that the US will be an Hispanic majority nation within 50 years (maybe 25). The demographics are undeniable. We may as well get used to the idea. Por que no? I just hope they'll be kind to geezer gringos like me.
I doubt it.

The odds are much greater that Mexico will implode (the fuse is burning already) first and we (the USA) will be annexing at least the northern tier of Mx states.

Frankly speaking: my 'White guilt' over what happened to the 'poor oppressed people of (questionable) color' died a long time ago---------and, I am the son of a legal immigrant.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:19 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
I'm offended when people are referred to as "illegals". The only thing that should be illegal are theft, rape, murder, wrongful imprisonment, etc. Yes, there is a short-term need to control immigration, but I hope 50-100 years from now borders will be far less important than they are today. Human beings are human beings, no matter if they paid their bribes and have their papers in order with the government thugs or not!
And I am offended that the illegals ignore our laws, our rights as a nation and intrude themselves upon us uninvited. They entered illegally. They are thus illegals.
I am offended by the lefts desire to ignore what illegals are doing to our fellow countrymen. How many murders, rapes, robberies, drunk driving victims per year does it take to make the left feel the need to hold illegals accountable and deport these criminals?

Old 12-24-2008, 02:21 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
The unescapable fact is that the US will be an Hispanic majority nation within 50 years (maybe 25). The demographics are undeniable. We may as well get used to the idea. Por que no? I just hope they'll be kind to geezer gringos like me.
I will be dead by then and until then, I plan on fighting with every fiber of my being.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:25 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,513,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I doubt it.

The odds are much greater that Mexico will implode (the fuse is burning already) first and we (the USA) will be annexing at least the northern tier of Mx states.

Why on God's green earth would we want to annex N. Mexico!? We have enough problems already! The implode part I agree with, but the demographics in the US are unstoppable. Anglos are not reproducing above replacement rates (we want to be DINKS and have it all, except kids) and Hispanics are by a big margin. Their political clout is increasing rapidly and they will shape immigration laws.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:30 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Well most americans tend to want to be able to afford to live without gov assistance where as illegals just don't care.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I will be dead by then and until then, I plan on fighting with every fiber of my being.
Get to work with your legislators about fixing the 14th amendment. Hurry though, it will have to be ratified by the states and many Hispanics will be against it. We are rapidly losing our majority political advantage.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:35 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Get to work with your legislators about fixing the 14th amendment. Hurry though, it will have to be ratified by the states and many Hispanics will be against it. We are rapidly losing our majority political advantage.
Nothing to fix about that particular amendment. If the government would follow it word for word and follow the Constitution then all would be fine. The anchor babies are not really citizens no matter what the damn PC crowd thinks.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:39 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
In 1866, Senator Jacob Howard clearly spelled out the intent of the 14th Amendment by writing:

"Every person born within the limits of the United States, and subject to their jurisdiction, is by virtue of natural law and national law a citizen of the United States. This will not, of course, include persons born in the United States who are foreigners, aliens, who belong to the families of ambassadors or foreign ministers accredited to the Government of the United States, but will include every other class of persons. It settles the great question of citizenship and removes all doubt as to what persons are or are not citizens of the United States. This has long been a great desideratum in the jurisprudence and legislation of this country."

Old 12-24-2008, 02:44 PM

Was Senator Howard a sitting Supreme Court Justice handing down a decision on the wording of the 14th amendment? If not, his interpretation is no more binding than yours or mine. Mind you, I like his interpretation! We have a similar problem with the 2nd amendment where everyone knows the intent of the authors of the 2nd amendment except the Supreme Court. OK, not everyone, but anyone who actually researches the issue.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:47 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
Why on God's green earth would we want to annex N. Mexico!? We have enough problems already! The implode part I agree with, but the demographics in the US are unstoppable. Anglos are not reproducing above replacement rates (we want to be DINKS and have it all, except kids) and Hispanics are by a big margin. Their political clout is increasing rapidly and they will shape immigration laws.
Most Americans of all colors are having babies at or just above replacement levels. Hispanic immigrants are having the most babies because they are younger and come from villiages where large families are the norm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or