U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 05:26 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,897,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Oh, cut out the damn dramatics! It is old and we are tired of it. Get a grip and start to man up and act like an adult.
go around calling people wet backs, and see the reaction you get. really.

Old 12-24-2008, 05:36 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
go around calling people wet backs, and see the reaction you get. really.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:09 AM

196 posts, read 555,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The unescapable fact is that the US will be an Hispanic majority nation within 50 years (maybe 25). The demographics are undeniable. We may as well get used to the idea. Por que no? I just hope they'll be kind to geezer gringos like me.
I seriously doubt that.

Right now it seems that Hispanics are an unstoppable force in terms of their growth, but many seem to forget that immigration from Latin-America has already met it's peak. Mexicans, Salvadoreans, and Dominicans from their respective countries make up much of the high Hispanic birth rate we see nowadays, but their Americanized counterparts have a much lower birth rate.

With immigration from Latin-America coming down from it's peak, along with immigration from Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Europe on the rise, I doubt we'll ever see that Hispanic majority in America.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:11 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
I seriously doubt that.

Right now it seems that Hispanics are an unstoppable force in terms of their growth, but many seem to forget that immigration from Latin-America has already met it's peak. Mexicans, Salvadoreans, and Dominicans from their respective countries make up much of the high Hispanic birth rate we see nowadays, but their Americanized counterparts have a much lower birth rate.

With immigration from Latin-America coming down from it's peak, along with immigration from Asia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Europe on the rise, I doubt we'll ever see that Hispanic majority in America.
Don't be so sure. I am telling you this, and I know for a fact, that having babies is one way they will demographically become the majority.

Old 12-25-2008, 12:59 AM

197 posts, read 231,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The unescapable fact is that the US will be an Hispanic majority nation within 50 years (maybe 25). The demographics are undeniable. We may as well get used to the idea. Por que no? I just hope they'll be kind to geezer gringos like me.
Hey we are already comfortable with an african american commander in chief, I know that we are ready for a spanish majority

Old 12-25-2008, 02:19 AM

858 posts, read 2,688,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Hey we are already comfortable with an african american commander in chief,
To each their own!!

Quote:
I know that we are ready for a spanish majority
Im very glad you know that already. Thinking the way you do will get you real far in life!

Quote:
we are
Whats this "we are"?? You mean "you are"

Old 12-25-2008, 02:55 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
Quote:
Hey we are already comfortable with an african american commander in chief, I know that we are ready for a spanish majority
Being white, I'm not comfortable with either until I see the outcome. I just pray that Obama is up to the formidable job he has taken on. I don't envy his situation. Stopping illegal immigration is one way to help Americans find jobs, but the Demo legislature (and Obama) is indebted to the immigration lobby. Obama is in the middle and can't please everybody. One thing for sure, with rapidly increasing unemployment and federal/state entitlement resources going bust, illegal immigration will be less and less for a while. It is vital that we push for an end to anchor babies while we still have the votes!

Old 12-25-2008, 08:16 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Obama is 1/2 Black and too his father was a legal immigrant to the USA.

Side note here: arguably the most successful socio-economic group here in the USA are Blacks who immigrated from Africa (Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, etc) in recent years and their US born/raised children.

As for people of true Castillian Spanish lineage--------they are pretty rare and their descendants are usually Anglo as it is.

For the record: I voted for both Obama and Sheriff Joe (I live in Maricopa County).

Old 12-25-2008, 08:20 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingInExiles View Post
I seriously doubt that.

Add in the growing numbers of Hispanic illegal aliens along with some green card holders returning to their home countries as well

Old 12-25-2008, 05:27 PM

858 posts, read 2,688,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
For the record: I voted for both Obama and Sheriff Joe (I live in Maricopa County).
As I did aswell.. Lets hope Obama, can do something to stop this madness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or