U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:54 AM

32,911 posts, read 30,162,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't know why you would post this, antialphabet. It is not a warm, feel good illegal immigrant story. What this shows is that a large wave of illegal immigrants demanding federal and state aid in order to survive. Emergency medicaid? Shouldn't that be reserved for our own elderly who have paid into the system their entire lives but now find themselves working again at the age of 70? A doctor saying that he delivers 30 -40 babies a month for illegal immigrant mothers is supposed to make me feel happy for them? It is abuse of an already over taxed system. We cannot afford more destitute people, we can no longer subsidize their life style decisions of not learning English and having more children then they can afford.
If they are struggling to survive, isn't 1 child too many? I guess I should keep logic out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2008, 11:45 AM

858 posts, read 2,693,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I don't know why you would post this, antialphabet. It is not a warm, feel good illegal immigrant story. What this shows is that a large wave of illegal immigrants demanding federal and state aid in order to survive. Emergency medicaid? Shouldn't that be reserved for our own elderly who have paid into the system their entire lives but now find themselves working again at the age of 70? A doctor saying that he delivers 30 -40 babies a month for illegal immigrant mothers is supposed to make me feel happy for them? It is abuse of an already over taxed system. We cannot afford more destitute people, we can no longer subsidize their life style decisions of not learning English and having more children then they can afford.
I thought it would be more like 100 to 200 a month.. They love making more illegals, once they get in our country!

Old 12-24-2008, 01:11 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Would they have been victims of american crimes had they not entered illegally? Perhaps some of them. Perhaps the lesson in this is as ye sow so shall ye reap.

Old 12-24-2008, 01:13 PM

32 posts, read 84,408 times
I'm glad to see new residents in New Orleans. It doesn't matter if there white, black, latino, legal or illegal. That city needed a makeover, in some ways it was a very good thing Katrina occured. I know that statement can be jumped all over, but let's be real here alot of Nawlins was the Hoood! Many of the homes were old, which can depreciate in value, thus resulting occasionally in more gangs. I hope the new residents enjoy a safer and more prosperous New Orleans, regardless of ethnicity or legal status.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:35 PM

23,052 posts, read 32,062,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestDriver View Post
I'm glad to see new residents in New Orleans. It doesn't matter if there white, black, latino, legal or illegal. That city needed a makeover, in some ways it was a very good thing Katrina occured. I know that statement can be jumped all over, but let's be real here alot of Nawlins was the Hoood! Many of the homes were old, which can depreciate in value, thus resulting occasionally in more gangs. I hope the new residents enjoy a safer and more prosperous New Orleans, regardless of ethnicity or legal status.
So i guess it would be okay by you if Washington DC got hit by a Katrina? Just because it has old homes (especially that old ugly thing they call the White House, yuck!) and a high crime rate?

I do not consider Katrina a good thing by ANY stretch of the imagination. People lost their lives and everything they owned. New Orleans was a city that had charm and character. A lot of those old homes were homes with character which were a nice touch. Yes crime was a problem in NO but now its even worse. The chances are VERY slim that New Orleans will be either safe or prosperous anytime soon, that why it drives me crazy when people say Katrina was a good thing.

Old 12-24-2008, 02:38 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Would they have been victims of american crimes had they not entered illegally? Perhaps some of them. Perhaps the lesson in this is as ye sow so shall ye reap.
The lesson is, it isn't always the evil villainous illegal preying on the poor innocent Americans. It can be the other way around as well.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:05 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
The lesson is, it isn't always the evil villainous illegal preying on the poor innocent Americans. It can be the other way around as well.
If here illegally---------------leave. They have the same rights as any other lawbreaker; maybe they would not be victimized as much if they were here legally........read that play by the rules.

As the economy implodes more and more: the effort to eject the illegal aliens will simply increase.

Old 12-24-2008, 03:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Why do you think it is OK to have more criminals here??

We have enough homegrown scum that imports are not necessary------------or desirable.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:14 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,700,585 times
Quote:
Well, I'm sure that all of those who lost their HOMES, regardless of condition or location and were financially unable to rebuild their lives, will be gratified to know that at least YOU were gladdened by the destruction of their "hoody neighborhoods" in order that New Orleans can be made over into a city that better reflects YOUR vision of a better and more prosperous place to live.

Old 12-24-2008, 04:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Never assumed that it was all one sided. In fact quite the opposite. The fact remains. Had these illegals not invaded this country then they would not have been victim of american crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or