U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:21 PM

858 posts, read 2,689,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPlanner View Post
No, because our racist John made a comment about thanking God that he is not a "Rodriguez". If you know John, he is thanking God he is not Mexican or any part of it. Plus, he deliberately chose this last name instead of Smith because he is trying to make a joke about supposedly there being so many Rodriguez'. Thank you, and I am Catholic.
Starting a topic, asking why it 'seems' so many people from a Mexico desent with the last name "Rodriguez". Makes me racist???? Yes I thank God Im not one!! Smith, might be from Mexico, too. Not making any jokes... Asked a question............. If anyone is Racist you are!!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:23 PM

858 posts, read 2,689,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I suspect that many of the Rodriguez's thank God, too..that John isn't one of them....
It does seem to go both ways in real life.. no?? But on here its a different story!

Old 12-28-2008, 05:09 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,900,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post
Starting a topic, asking why it 'seems' so many people from a Mexico desent with the last name "Rodriguez". Makes me racist???? Yes I thank God Im not one!! Smith, might be from Mexico, too. Not making any jokes... Asked a question............. If anyone is Racist you are!!
John, for whatever it's worth, asking that question doesn't make you racist...but it is kind of a silly question. If you're religious, you know we're all God's children. If you're a scientist, you must know that the Out of Africa theory also makes us all related.
Oh, and yes, I AM against all forms of illegal immigration.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
John, for whatever it's worth, asking that question doesn't make you racist...but it is kind of a silly question. If you're religious, you know we're all God's children. If you're a scientist, you must know that the Out of Africa theory also makes us all related.
Oh, and yes, I AM against all forms of illegal immigration.
My DNA (both sides) traces from Africa as well 60K years ago----------along with every other human being tested thus far.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM

3,375 posts, read 7,048,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Here we go again...NO, not the culture. Get over it. The European culture is the dominate one here and YOU need to get used to it and stop trying to ram the Mexican/Spanish culture down our throats. I am telling you this, it will backfire and you will not like it one damn bit.

BTW, before you go crazy, I am of Mexican descent.
How ironic, Spanish is European. hahaha

Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 PM

3,375 posts, read 7,048,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
As someone from the Sacramento area sorry Illegal MEXICANS... Sacramento may have a ****ed up hispanic name BUT it is predominantly Euro based.

hell craploads of ILLEGAL russians have their own part of the city as well.

The cities w/spanish names just mean the breeders had the opportnity to name it before a classy, non cockroachy looking mexican Euro could give it a much more dignified name

(btw.. spaniards hate mexicans as do Puerto Ricans... call them a Mexican and see what happens LOL)
Spanish is European.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:09 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
racist?
no, just very uneducated.
not very knowledgeable.
trully reactionary.

and i would add unawre of the multitude of US citizens (non mexican or descended of mexicans) who are choosing to relocate to mexico, and not at summertime resort areas. lots are moving to quaint little towns.

i guess its not that much of a dump to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So you are a racist if you are glad or thankful that you are of the race you were born? Its racist to not want to be of another race? I love the asian culture. I love Thailand and Japan. But I am more than glad that I am white. Not because I think less of other races, but because I know what I am and have no desire to covet what I am not.
I thank god that I was not born in Mexico. Its a dump. Its corrupt. Why would anyone wish to be from mexico?
Racist? I think not. Angry about how Mexican citizens abuse our border absolutely. Angry about how many Mexican americans support and facilitate said illegals? Justifiably so.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:19 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
racist?
no, just very uneducated.
not very knowledgeable.
trully reactionary.

and i would add unawre of the multitude of US citizens (non mexican or descended of mexicans) who are choosing to relocate to mexico, and not at summertime resort areas. lots are moving to quaint little towns.

i guess its not that much of a dump to them.
Well then what can I say?
Uneducated? Got me.
Not very knowledgeable? Got me but I will bet I have been to more countries than you have. Right around 21 if memory serves I will list them if you desire with dates.
No what in my post warrented such a reply?
Reactionary? You assume a lot.
Those who wish to go to Mexico are free to go. I myself have seen a little of what Mexico offers and prefer alternative digs.
For me Thailand is Paradise waiting for my retirement. Humble people good food reasonable cost of living.
And I would add that Multitudes of Americans are moving to Thailand. No just what does that prove? Nothing. It just proves that some people want to go there.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:45 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,072,228 times
then you would agree that generalizing about a country, and proclaiming it a dump is pretty silly.
thats what would prompt a repsonse like that. silly unfounded generalizations.

you can have a preference for a vacation home with out deriding another country like mexico. i dont have to say, i love costa rica, but mexico is a dump. its a reaction to lash out at a county and call it a dump just because you think mexican citizens are abusing the US. your anger or dislike comes from the fact that you are mad about what SOME mexicans do. but does it warrant calling a country a dump. not one bit. call it an accessory. or enabler. but a dump. as a country? no. just like thailand.

thats pretty simple to understand.

but there are just too many generalizations in the immigration forum. especially about mexicans and latinos.

that will usually elicit a response from me. idiotic posts that generalize.

as for what countries i have been to or not, dont worry about it. this aint a peesing match. i aint tryin to out-travel you. thats not what its about. thats funny tho, thanks for the laughs.

QUOTE=tinman01;6740566]Well then what can I say?
Uneducated? Got me.
Not very knowledgeable? Got me but I will bet I have been to more countries than you have. Right around 21 if memory serves I will list them if you desire with dates.
Those who wish to go to Mexico are free to go. I myself have seen a little of what Mexico offers and prefer alternative digs.
For me Thailand is Paradise waiting for my retirement. Humble people good food reasonable cost of living.
And I would add that Multitudes of Americans are moving to Thailand. No just what does that prove? Nothing. It just proves that some people want to go there.[/quote]

Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
then you would agree that generalizing about a country, and proclaiming it a dump is pretty silly.
thats what would prompt a repsonse like that. silly unfounded generalizations.

you can have a preference for a vacation home with out deriding another country like mexico. i dont have to say, i love costa rica, but mexico is a dump. its a reaction to lash out at a county and call it a dump just because you think mexican citizens are abusing the US. your anger or dislike comes from the fact that you are mad about what SOME mexicans do. but does it warrant calling a country a dump. not one bit. call it an accessory. or enabler. but a dump. as a country? no. just like thailand.

thats pretty simple to understand.

but there are just too many generalizations in the immigration forum. especially about mexicans and latinos.

that will usually elicit a response from me. idiotic posts that generalize.

as for what countries i have been to or not, dont worry about it. this aint a peesing match. i aint tryin to out-travel you. thats not what its about. thats funny tho, thanks for the laughs.

QUOTE=tinman01;6740566]Well then what can I say?
Uneducated? Got me.
And I would add that Multitudes of Americans are moving to Thailand. No just what does that prove? Nothing. It just proves that some people want to go there.
[/quote]
Mexico is a nation of problems no arguing that point. If it wern't they wouldn't be sneaking across the border by the millions to escape it.
Okay so the term dump may have been a bit strong. After all one mans dump is anothers haven.
Mexico reminds me of the filipines. Beautiful in places and oh so dangerous in many others. Like the PI Mexico has its safe areas for foreigners. Like the PI Mexico is also louded with corruption.
Thailand to has issues but is more than balanced in other ways.
Its not about hispanics or mexicans in general for me. Its about the level of corruption. Its about the Gov of Mexico's absolute disregard for its people and what impact that disregard has upon us. That is what angers me against Mexico.
As for the pessing match. That was due to the idea that somehow I was less than knowledgable about different cultures or countries. I don't claim to be an expert. I leave that to the college eggheads whose sole experience in life is a text book. They seem to be experts on everything. But thats another topic.
Peace no war needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or