U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2008, 01:34 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,905,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Note in all fairness I was referring more to Mexican culture as being a dump--------not the physical beaity of the country.

And I stand by what I just posted: if Mx was such cultural paradise---------we would not be having so damn many of their people running away to another country.
Do you ever see wealthy illegal immigrants from Mexico? (Hmm. I bet they're here but you'd never know it! They're behind the gates of exculsive subdivisions.)

The illegal immigrants we SEE are the poor and uneducated...for them, Mexico is a cesspool of poverty and misery, where 'culture' is in the bottom of a tequila bottle. (Not unlike OUR poor...think crystal meth) For the middle and upper classes, Mexico is a delight of cheap labor, and luxury. If you've been to the exclusive areas of Mexico City (Pedregal, Chapultapec) or Monterrey, you'll see that "it's very, very good to be king"! American retirees who live in Mexico can attest to that.

As far as culture, well, it's hard to dismiss the talent of Octavio Paz and Carlos Fuentes or Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo and Rudolfo Tamayo. These people have nothing in common with the guy who wants to cut your grass any more than Joe the Plumber does with Paul Krugman (this year's Nobel prize winner for economics).

Old 12-30-2008, 02:07 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,900,035 times
Quote:
Note in all fairness I was referring more to Mexican culture as being a dump--------not the physical beaity of the country.

And I stand by what I just posted: if Mx was such cultural paradise---------we would not be having so damn many of their people running away to another country.
And that's better? You have a distorted view of Mexican culture to make such an ignorant remark
I'll give you a break, assuming you have culture confused with politics and social issues.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Do you ever see wealthy illegal immigrants from Mexico? (Hmm. I bet they're here but you'd never know it! They're behind the gates of exculsive subdivisions.)

The illegal immigrants we SEE are the poor and uneducated...for them, Mexico is a cesspool of poverty and misery, where 'culture' is in the bottom of a tequila bottle. (Not unlike OUR poor...think crystal meth) For the middle and upper classes, Mexico is a delight of cheap labor, and luxury. If you've been to the exclusive areas of Mexico City (Pedregal, Chapultapec) or Monterrey, you'll see that "it's very, very good to be king"! American retirees who live in Mexico can attest to that.

As far as culture, well, it's hard to dismiss the talent of Octavio Paz and Carlos Fuentes or Diego Rivera, Frida Kahlo and Rudolfo Tamayo
. These people have nothing in common with the guy who wants to cut your grass any more than Joe the Plumber does with Paul Krugman (this year's Nobel prize winner for economics).
Some people are too close minded to see the beauty of Mexican culture. They are stuck on current events and base their lame opinions on an entire culture and people on that.

Nothing makes me angrier than people on here attacking Mexican culture.

Old 12-30-2008, 02:28 PM

72 posts, read 98,391 times
Quote:
Frankly; I have my doubts that you are indeed a Spaniard since the alleged 'racism' bothers you so much in Spain.
Racism bothers me because I am a HUMAN BEING who is EDUCATED and I BELIEVE IN HUMAN RIGHTS. As for my Spanish nationality, yes! I am indeed Spanish born and 100% Spanish.

The difference lies in that I was EDUCATED TO THINK AND TO HAVE MY OWN CRITERIA instead of just vomiting hate and racism without even processing the information drilled into me and asking why? what for? what am I contributing to????

Last edited by hiluv; 12-30-2008 at 03:59 PM..

Old 12-30-2008, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluv View Post
Racism bothers me because I am a HUMAN BEING who is EDUCATED and I BELIEVE IN HUMAN RIGHTS. As for my Spanish nationality, yes! I am indeed Spanish born and 100% Spanish.

The difference lies in that I was EDUCATED TO THINK AND TO HAVE MY OWN CRITERIA instead of just vomiting hate and racism without even processing the information drilled into me and asking why? what for? what am I contributing to????
He likes to make sweeping generalizations on groups of people.
And for the record, I know plenty of brown Mexican-American friends who have visited Spain, and felt the people were hospitable.
I'm sure Spain, like everywhere else in the world, has it's good people and it's bad people with different opinions.

Old 12-30-2008, 05:18 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluv View Post

LMAO!

Racist I am not, pal.

Now: if we are discussing prejudice; that I am---------against illegal aliens regardless of race/ethnicity!

Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 PM

142 posts, read 234,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear
Now; if we were to toss out the majority of today's illegal aliens and cancel birthright citizenship for any future US born children of the above---------assimilating legal immigrants would not be bad.
I have a problem with this post if we were to implement this half of the U.S population would then be foreignersand therefore illegals
now for those who say that illigal immigrants are using social resourses i ask you to prove it with numbers becouse I know for a fact that those illigals dont receive government services and to the point they pay taxes to and give about 3 billion in taxes annually which more then pays for the so called services you believe are receiving the people receiving this services are the kids legally born here are you gonna deny children these resources?
besides why wont u want to learn anothere language? The more languages u know the more intelligent you will sound I for instance know spanish and english perfectly can write read and talk both fluently know some french and am learning latin I am of second generation here from mexican parents my dad still lives in mexico and my mothere is and accountant here and in mexico so if u have anything againts mexicans tell that to me hell ill called my mexican buddies in the marine that are in iraq fighting for ur stupid ass that they are not wanted in this country becouse the are latinos and speak spanish

Old 12-30-2008, 08:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,640,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDDIEISTAZ View Post
I have a problem with this post if we were to implement this half of the U.S population would then be foreignersand therefore illegals
now for those who say that illigal immigrants are using social resourses i ask you to prove it with numbers becouse I know for a fact that those illigals dont receive government services and to the point they pay taxes to and give about 3 billion in taxes annually which more then pays for the so called services you believe are receiving the people receiving this services are the kids legally born here are you gonna deny children these resources?
besides why wont u want to learn anothere language? The more languages u know the more intelligent you will sound I for instance know spanish and english perfectly can write read and talk both fluently know some french and am learning latin I am of second generation here from mexican parents my dad still lives in mexico and my mothere is and accountant here and in mexico so if u have anything againts mexicans tell that to me hell ill called my mexican buddies in the marine that are in iraq fighting for ur stupid ass that they are not wanted in this country becouse the are latinos and speak spanish
If your Spanish is like your English----------I feel sorry for you.

Repeat after me: legal immigrants of any race/ethnicity I welcome to my country. Illegal aliens need to leave immediately.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:24 PM

197 posts, read 231,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
He likes to make sweeping generalizations on groups of people.
And for the record, I know plenty of brown Mexican-American friends who have visited Spain, and felt the people were hospitable.
I'm sure Spain, like everywhere else in the world, has it's good people and it's bad people with different opinions.

Are you sayig that this man's friendship to some "globe trotting, brown hispanics" are not more than sufficient to substantiate his cultural theories???

Old 12-31-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Are you sayig that this man's friendship to some "globe trotting, brown hispanics" are not more than sufficient to substantiate his cultural theories???
Don't understand what you mean, but I think the generalization that all Brown Latinos are "bowing down" to the White Spaniards who "look down on them" isn't completely true. I have many friends who are brown Latinos(like myself) that have really enjoyed Spain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration