U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 01:57 PM

3,496 posts, read 8,340,555 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Let me think about this a second. Hispanics abused her. They beat her and they raped her. Yeah I can see how she might miss that. I may be shy a few screws but I also am a decorated vet. Are you> I may be a littlte different but at least I knew enough to defend a woman getting beat and raped. To bad her countrymen thinks thats okay.
I might be crazy but atleast I aint you.
That is right you aint me...and you can never be me. I know enough to defend a woman and I know that includes not restricting her...I also know that all her countrymen do not approve...for you to think that all Hispanics approve is just ...well..you know..CRAZY!!

As for War Vets...thank you for your service but my family is full of them...And yes they are "Hispanic" and they served their country..
Dad - Vietnam, 4 Uncles - Vietnam, brother - Iraq, Grandfather - Korea, My wife's father - Korea, Several cousins - Iraq...

Here is a little history lesson for you: The Bataan Death March
Quote:
Bataan: The 200th and 515 Coast Artillery units were from the New Mexico National Guard, which had a heavy representation of Hispanic officers and enlisted men. They had been selected because of their combat readiness, and also many of the men in the unit spoke Spanish, a principal language of the Philippines.Upon their arrival, they became the largest single American military unit in the Philippines.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:00 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,610,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Hey Mac-y! Hey Hey, Hey Mac-y!
(couldn't resist the opening for a lame poke)
"Thank ya....Thankyaverramuch" as that famous Memphis musician, Elvis, used to say. Now, let's ALL get back to our usual adult level here.....(or at least, our usual level)..

Old 01-19-2009, 02:11 PM

117 posts, read 132,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
That is right you aint me...and you can never be me. I know enough to defend a woman and I know that includes not restricting her...I also know that all her countrymen do not approve...for you to think that all Hispanics approve is just ...well..you know..CRAZY!!

As for War Vets...thank you for your service but my family is full of them...And yes they are "Hispanic" and they served their country..
Dad - Vietnam, 4 Uncles - Vietnam, brother - Iraq, Grandfather - Korea, My wife's father - Korea, Several cousins - Iraq...

Yeah but they are not you. They served. Not you
Well for all those hispanics who know enough to defend a woman they sure were no where to be found throughout her life.
Restrict my wife ha not in this life time. She decides who her friends are not me and she decided a long time ago who would not make that list.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Yeah but they are not you. They served. Not you
Well for all those hispanics who know enough to defend a woman they sure were no where to be found throughout her life.
Restrict my wife ha not in this life time. She decides who her friends are not me and she decided a long time ago who would not make that list.
And they served for me and you...and they are Hispanic...Deal with it...

Old 01-19-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:

Mexican-Americans as a group have an EXEMPLARY record of military service in the US....Their participation in is well above the "norm" of the country as a whole, and many are decorated heroes. That's why its a pity that this "illegal" mess is casting such a 'pall' over the whole Mexican-American community. It shouldn't, but it does.

Illegal immigrants have NO business 'taking credit' for what Mexican-Americans have done, or trying to 'get in' because of an ethnic connection. Mexican-Americans are Americans....their ancestors came here (or WERE here) when the 'coming was good'. What does THAT have to do with undocumented foreign citizens now claiming "rights" here? Little or nothing, I'd say.

Old 01-19-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Mexican-Americans as a group have an EXEMPLARY record of military service in the US....Their participation in is well above the "norm" of the country as a whole, and many are decorated heroes. That's why its a pity that this "illegal" mess is casting such a 'pall' over the whole Mexican-American community. It shouldn't, but it does.

Illegal immigrants have NO business 'taking credit' for what Mexican-Americans have done, or trying to 'get in' because of an ethnic connection. Mexican-Americans are Americans....their ancestors came here (or WERE here) when the 'coming was good'. What does THAT have to do with undocumented foreign citizens now claiming "rights" here? Little or nothing, I'd say.
I agree with your post...

But he is Anti-Hispanic. And if he is Anti-Hispanic then he is Anti-me, anti-my family, and anti all the Mexican-Americans fought and who died for this country.

I have no respect for such a person. I withdrawal my thank you for your service...I will save that thank you for someone more deserving...

Old 01-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I agree with your post...

But he is Anti-Hispanic. And if he is Anti-Hispanic then he is Anti-me, anti-my family, and anti all the Mexican-Americans fought and who died for this country.

I have no respect for such a person. I withdrawal my thank you for your service...I will save that thank you for someone more deserving...
Anti-Hispanic is bad, of course.....and that's true of anybody who is "anti" someone's ethnicity, culture, or race.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:20 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,657,730 times
Quote:
I am hard core anti illegal. I am also married to a hispanic woman from panama. I am also anti hispanic in a lot of ways. YOU pro hispanic illegal typse try to make Mexico an eden with just a few bad places in it. Ever been somewhere besides the tourist hang outs? Well I have. I have been all over South America. The dirt is not just in one hispanic country. I saved my wife from a terrible life and it was a normal life for a poor attractive woman. Beatings every day, getting raped. So I saw what these great countries have to offer and i saw what hispanic culture produces. Funny come to think of it my wife never wants to go back either. In fact she doesnt even want any hispanic friends.
Sorry leatherhead. I think you are a little over the top in being anti hispanic. It might be ok to be upset at a few bad apples, but us white folks are far from saints. The majority of Hispanics I know are really decent human beings.

Old 01-19-2009, 05:45 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
While I don't agree with Leatherheads position I must point out, No one saw what he saw. I did. That sight can make anybody hate. God I can't believe this but... I don't think he meant that he hates American hispanics. We both served with and were friends with hispanics. I think that he meant he doesn't like the hispanic culture from south of the border.
Ibarrio he is actually very good to his wife he is a big softy when it comes to her. That is the truth.
By the way I respect you for having pride in your family's service.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:03 PM

117 posts, read 259,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GClark View Post
Here in Texas it is one in the same. I will add that the illegals coming into our country from Mexico have no interest in being a U.S. citizen. They come here for one purpose. To get what they can and take it back to Mexico. They come here demanding we assimilate to their way instead of them assimilating to the U.S. Others simply want to overthrow the U.S. southern states and make it Mexico. There is no other culture that takes more, demands more, and has hatred for the American than Mexico. The Mexican government has even helped to smuggle middle eastern terrorists across our southern borders. They take advantage of everything they can. IMO, they are a hostile invasion.
If terrorists were coming from Mexico wouldn't they have already attacked us? Then how come almost every terrorist was found to be in this country legally with visas? The US government is the one that lets them in legally. And you are ignorant to think that about Mexico. Have you even been to Mexico?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration