Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:45 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,726,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPlanner View Post
Now there are some illegals hired by white folks who treat them poorly, don't follow the rights and so on.....illegals get paid crap while the "supervisor" gets all the credit. Hmm.....interesting.
Yeah!

La Raza, MALDEF, etc. have absolutely nothing to do with the continued influx of illegal aliens.

It's all the "white folks" fault.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 AM

858 posts, read 3,037,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Neo: consider the source, go back and read any posts that he has written, and you will quickly notice a constant fact: no substance, no witt, no nothing, the kind of individual that I ignore anytime, anywhere...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
And you poked your nose into a conversation between me and another poster with a completely non-sequiter response to my post in order to show us all......what? That you're capable of reading statistical information off of an internet site and then insert it into a conversation in which it has no relevance ?

So it would seem that your contribution to this discussion is to try to stir sh*t up where none previously existed.

Got it.
You are so right on that!! Did the same thing last night.

BTW, Good POST!! rep, for you!

Old 12-28-2008, 11:18 AM

78 posts, read 202,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I am of Mexican descent and I have been treated quite well in here, but then, I am against any and all illegals and even would like to see the complete immigration stopped for at least 5 years so we could get our country in order. In fact, I would like to see the immigration laws go back to what they were before 1965 and the fiasco that Kennedy put onto this country with wanting to brin in so many ignorant and uneducated immigrants to this country who really offer nothing except trouble to this country.
I very much agree that illegals should not be allowed to cross and reap the benefits that you and I pay for, but John from some town and Lovecarl outright don't like legalized mexicans, spanish-speakers, or American born who are of Mexican descent. John had the nerve to ask if my friends even spoke english before spanish?

But i agree with the issue on illegal immigrants.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:40 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,263,676 times
Quote:
I very much agree that illegals should not be allowed to cross and reap the benefits that you and I pay for, but John from some town and Lovecarl outright don't like legalized mexicans, spanish-speakers, or American born who are of Mexican descent. John had the nerve to ask if my friends even spoke english before spanish?

But i agree with the issue on illegal immigrants.
I agree with you...my issue is with ALL illegal immigrants and the AMERICANS who employ them and the US GOVERNMENT that supports illegal immigration. I disagree with bilingual education.

I don't have anything against anyone who is a legal immigrant to the US. I think multilingualism and multiculturalism are wonderful.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:44 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,912,642 times
Quote:
Look here pal. I said one day you are going to pay for all the hate you have against me and my relatives just because we speak spanish. I never did threaten your life or family so quit spewing out to everyone poor me. You ungrateful, selfish, thinks he is superior, non-educated _________.
You are the one who wants to do something to all spanish-speakers in this country. Sorry pal but the "clan" is on another website.
He never wanted to do anything to me or mine and I am a Spanish speaker, but then, I also speak Farsi. You are the one who has posted nasty things toward people all because they happen to be against illegals and immigrants, legal and illegal, who happen to demand that our country speak their language. Don't understand that? Then go back to school and get educated.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I think multilingualism and multiculturalism are wonderful.
Unless they happen to demand that this country speak their language. Then, it is not wonderful.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Unless they happen to demand that this country speak their language. Then, it is not wonderful.
English is the official language of the US. Government transactions should be only in English.
If a private business wants to offer customer service in other languages, that's their right. If a human being (tourist or citizen) wishes to speak in another language, that's their right as well. Speaking more than one language has traditionally been a measure of a person's educational level.

Old 12-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Quote:
English is the official language of the US. Government transactions should be only in English.
If a private business wants to offer customer service in other languages, that's their right. If a human being (tourist or citizen) wishes to speak in another language, that's their right as well. Speaking more than one language has traditionally been a measure of a person's educational level.
English IS NOT the official language of anything in this country. It is tha nationally recognized language but not official.

I never said it wasn't anyone's right. I said it is not their right to DEMAND that anyone in this country speak their language. There is a difference.

Last edited by Anonymous Political Junky; 12-28-2008 at 01:06 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 12:58 PM

Quote:
English IS NOT the official language of anything in this country. It is tha nationally recognized language bit not official.

I never said it wasn't anyone's right. I said it is not their right to DEMAND that anyone in this country speak their language. There is a difference.
In MY OPINION, English should be the official language of the US. Better?
I don't believe that anyone should have the right to demand that other people speak their language.

Old 12-28-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
In MY OPINION, English should be the official language of the US. Better?
I don't believe that anyone should have the right to demand that other people speak their language.
I agree that it should be the official language, but as long as we have the idiot open border people, like Bush, and the illegal lovers, it will never happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration