U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2008, 08:49 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
why isn't the government imposing HUGE fines on people that employ them... take their jobs away.. and they will go home... there is no need to sit and dehumanize the poor any more than they already are. I too agree that a nation must have laws, and those laws must be respected in all aspects even immigration... but all too often where there's 200 illegal mexican workers... there's a rich white guy signing them up for work...
We have many poor Americans------------we owe those illegal alien lawbreakers nothing except for three hots and a cot prior to their forcible deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 08:51 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
well it should be soon with our own economy tanking and further evidence that mexico is going to want to export more people to the united states in the near future:

In May 2005, Cantarell was producing 2.2 million barrels of oil per day (65% of total Mexican production). Today the figure is roughly 900,000 barrels per day. The most troubling aspect is that the decline rate is accelerating, estimated at 2.5% per month currently, or 30% annually.

No oil exports after 2009?

According to Matt Simmons, by the end of 2009, Mexico will no longer be an oil exporter. If Simmons is correct, it will be very difficult to replace the oil revenue that has supported 40% of the Mexican budget. yikes!
Not our problem.

We owe Mexico nothing.

Make the border fortifications stronger yet and be harsh with those illegal alien criminals caught here-----------read that actually enforce the law.

Old 12-27-2008, 08:54 AM

32,829 posts, read 30,118,328 times
Quote:
why isn't the government imposing HUGE fines on people that employ them... take their jobs away.. and they will go home... there is no need to sit and dehumanize the poor any more than they already are. I too agree that a nation must have laws, and those laws must be respected in all aspects even immigration... but all too often where there's 200 illegal mexican workers... there's a rich white guy signing them up for work...
Maybe where you live. Near the border in most cases it's a rich Latino American.

Not that it makes any difference They are still AMERICAN.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:21 AM

12,870 posts, read 12,786,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not our problem.

We owe Mexico nothing.

Make the border fortifications stronger yet and be harsh with those illegal alien criminals caught here-----------read that actually enforce the law.
i certainly hope that obama would make this a priority because if we don't get this situation under control now, it will be a lot worse when we are spending stimulus money that we don't actually have, especially when the mexican oil field (cantarell) shuts down production. somehow this stimulus needs to be directed towards legal workers only. border fortification should be part of the spending stimulus.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:04 AM

6,076 posts, read 10,750,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not our problem.

We owe Mexico nothing.

Put them in prison, but they don't get fed unless thier families send the money to feed them, or some bleeding heart group sends the money instead. And as for the employer, do the same exact thing to them as well. No more tax dollars wasted on these idiots.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:08 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,506,936 times
how you guna do that friend. put a giant net over LA?
deportation is meaningless with an open border.
you are asking a lot of BP. white house and most american employers inc churches
and fraternal organizations are against you (most subcontract services which of course are staffed by illegals)
its not us vs them its us vs us.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:38 AM

4,425 posts, read 5,146,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Agreed. But deporting illegals is hardly the same as dehumanizing them. Holding them accountable and deporting them is a must do part of the deal.
I am all for dropping the hammer on any and all employers of illegals.
listen, I'm not saying they shouldn't be deported... all I'm saying is.. creating a huge fuss and PAYING for all the rounding up, processing, and shipping them back home is absurd when you can just take their jobs away... most will go home, if they can't support themselves. The ones who don't go home, send the transport and processing and deportation bill to the person that employed them... We as a country need to make the risk associated with hiring illegal workers so high that it detracts them from even thinking it's a good deal. Paying illegals 4 bucks per hour might seem cheap.. until you get caught and have to fork out millions...
That's all I'm saying... if we want to sit and just focus on the illegal aliens.. we're only handling one side of the issue.....
Think about it... if employers are forced to make DAMN sure their employees aren't illegal, it could very well make them aprehensive in hiring someone who doesn't speak english.. because they will wonder if they really are legal and have been through the proper immigration channels.. thus making those who ARE legal that much more apt to go and learn english...

Old 12-27-2008, 11:58 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,904,581 times
Quote:
listen, I'm not saying they shouldn't be deported... all I'm saying is.. creating a huge fuss and PAYING for all the rounding up, processing, and shipping them back home is absurd when you can just take their jobs away... most will go home, if they can't support themselves. The ones who don't go home, send the transport and processing and deportation bill to the person that employed them... We as a country need to make the risk associated with hiring illegal workers so high that it detracts them from even thinking it's a good deal. Paying illegals 4 bucks per hour might seem cheap.. until you get caught and have to fork out millions...
That's all I'm saying... if we want to sit and just focus on the illegal aliens.. we're only handling one side of the issue.....
Think about it... if employers are forced to make DAMN sure their employees aren't illegal, it could very well make them aprehensive in hiring someone who doesn't speak english.. because they will wonder if they really are legal and have been through the proper immigration channels.. thus making those who ARE legal that much more apt to go and learn english...
Too often folks attack a problem from only one angle. To use a military term hit them in a pincer movement. In other words from multiple sides.
As I have been posting for some time.
1. Close that border and seal it.
2. Nail the employers and nail them hard.
3. Nail the landlords.
4. Round up the ones you catch seize their assets and deport them.
All incentive is removed. These can all be done simultaneously.
Good post and I do agree with you.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:27 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,696,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Too often folks attack a problem from only one angle. To use a military term hit them in a pincer movement. In other words from multiple sides.
As I have been posting for some time.
1. Close that border and seal it.
2. Nail the employers and nail them hard.
3. Nail the landlords.
4. Round up the ones you catch seize their assets and deport them.
All incentive is removed. These can all be done simultaneously.
Good post and I do agree with you.
Allow me to add a little more encouragement for deportation through attrition to your excellent list.

5. Eliminate any and all taxpayer funded services for illegal aliens and their children--allow only basic ER services for true emergencies--no housing, no WIC, no food stamps, no medicare, no nothing.
6. Eliminate the Fourteenth Amendment or clarify it to reflect the actual intention of the original authors who did not allow for birthright citizenship for the children of foreign nationals born on U.S. soil.

Old 12-27-2008, 12:42 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,902 times
People have to come up with solutions that are grounded in reality. Solutions that will be able to pass the house, senate and signed into law by the president. Something like eliminating the 14th ammendment is not realistic and is not going to happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration