U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2008, 07:52 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,693,544 times
Reputation: 3010

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoPlanner View Post
Yeah, statistics that are skewed and that come from a biased website geared towards those who are anti-immigrants, anti-illegals, anti-spanish-speakers, and anti-hispanics combined. Right John!
So your assumption is that ALL illegal aliens are Spanish speaking Hispanics and thus all who are against illegal immigration are anti-Hispanic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2008, 08:13 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,643,200 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
So your assumption is that ALL illegal aliens are Spanish speaking Hispanics and thus all who are against illegal immigration are anti-Hispanic?
Maybe we are dealing with a DREAMie here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,352,974 times
Reputation: 453
let me say this once and once only. i dont care if your black/white/yellow/mexican/hungarian/russian/martian/etc..... if your here illegally your tail needs to be deported immediately. your locust like concepts are killing this great nation. you are tearing through the things we have set aside for our citizens with no remorse... and when times get bad you decide to go home until the nations financial troubles go away. then you return to rape and pillage our social system. i hate you all, i wish you would return to your country and try to change things there rather than live off of my and my american brethrens hard work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 11:19 AM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,907,200 times
Reputation: 3656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
let me say this once and once only. i dont care if your black/white/yellow/mexican/hungarian/russian/martian/etc..... if your here illegally your tail needs to be deported immediately. your locust like concepts are killing this great nation. you are tearing through the things we have set aside for our citizens with no remorse... and when times get bad you decide to go home until the nations financial troubles go away. then you return to rape and pillage our social system. i hate you all, i wish you would return to your country and try to change things there rather than live off of my and my american brethrens hard work.
I certainly hope you hate the American citizens who bring them here and employ them just as much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,352,974 times
Reputation: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I certainly hope you hate the American citizens who bring them here and employ them just as much!
absolutely. i think they should have their assets frozen and used to deport the illegals at their cost rather than ours. i also think they should be jailed for it. i dont care if its a giant corporation or the little mom and pop ranch trying to get by cheaper... if you hire illegally you are a criminal yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 03:12 PM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,907,200 times
Reputation: 3656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciaerin View Post
absolutely. i think they should have their assets frozen and used to deport the illegals at their cost rather than ours. i also think they should be jailed for it. i dont care if its a giant corporation or the little mom and pop ranch trying to get by cheaper... if you hire illegally you are a criminal yourself.
Good! Turn them in. Their corporate charters should be revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 03:41 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
I certainly hope you hate the American citizens who bring them here and employ them just as much!
Just what exactly is your stand on illegals? Do you feel they sould be deported or supported?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:51 PM
 
638 posts, read 1,639,071 times
Reputation: 217
re : skewed statistics comment

"Under ICE 287g and Criminal Alien Programs, officers identified more than 260,000 criminal aliens last fiscal year in federal, state and local prisons and jails, more than triple the number of incarcerated aliens identified just two years ago."
12/18/2008
Department of Homeland Security
DHS: Fact Sheet: DHS End-of-Year Accomplishments (http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1229609413187.shtm - broken link)

In other words, they don't know how many illegal aliens are presently incarcerated. Currently, it's 3 times more than previously accounted for. So had you discussed this 2 years ago, your numbers would be in error (way too low). They would be skewed now too, as there are more illegal aliens incarcerated than this present count indicates -- they just haven't been identified yet as illegal aliens.

For more skewed statistics, refer to FBI's most wanted list. There are exception states, but the majority on that list are Hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 04:58 PM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,907,200 times
Reputation: 3656
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Just what exactly is your stand on illegals? Do you feel they sould be deported or supported?
DEPORTED.
Actually, I think we'd be supporting them if we deported them. They need to go back to wherever they've come from and make their country a better place to live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,895,723 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
DEPORTED.
Actually, I think we'd be supporting them if we deported them. They need to go back to wherever they've come from and make their country a better place to live.
Bravo I was begining to worry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top