Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 06:45 PM

858 posts, read 3,044,294 times

Advertisements

Less than 2% of illegal aliens are picking our crops, but 29% are on welfare. Over 70% of the United States ' annual population growth (and over 90% of California , Florida , and New York ) results from immigration. 29% of inmates in federal prisons are illegal aliens.

40% of all workers in L. A. County ( L. A. County has 10.2 million people)are working for cash and not paying taxes. This is because they are predominantly illegal immigrants working without a green card.
95% of warrants for murder in Los Angeles are for illegal aliens.
75% of people on the most wanted list in Los Angeles are illegal aliens.
Over 2/3 of all births in Lo s Angeles County are to illegal alien Mexicans on Medi-Cal , whose births were paid for by taxpayers.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/dep...nal-aliens-now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Wow pretty eye opening stats that show that illegals are a huge problem. To big to just ignore. Nice post John..

Old 12-25-2008, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Wow pretty eye opening stats that show that illegals are a huge problem. To big to just ignore. Nice post John..
It's the Eggnog, I tell you!!

But the fact of the matter is these things go over looked by so many people. The Government in particular. Perhaps, one day someone will get a hand on these illegals.

Last edited by John From Scranton; 12-25-2008 at 08:15 PM..

Old 12-26-2008, 06:54 AM

It doent have to be as difficult as some would make it.
Kids in school that speak no english. The kids need to be regestered. Parents should have to present proof of legal status ie ssn, immigration papers and green card. Schools should foward them to ICE for verification.
Same with hospitals, prisons,local police etc. The tools are available but poorly used.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:36 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post

But the fact of the matter is these things go over looked by so many people. The Government in particular. Perhaps, one day someone will get a hand on these illegals.
Quote:
It doent have to be as difficult as some would make it.
Kids in school that speak no english. The kids need to be regestered. Parents should have to present proof of legal status ie ssn, immigration papers and green card. Schools should foward them to ICE for verification.
Same with hospitals, prisons,local police etc. The tools are available but poorly used.
If the economy gets much worse; there will be change---------to the detriment of the illegal aliens and their enablers.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:07 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,918,563 times
why isn't the government imposing HUGE fines on people that employ them... take their jobs away.. and they will go home... there is no need to sit and dehumanize the poor any more than they already are. I too agree that a nation must have laws, and those laws must be respected in all aspects even immigration... but all too often where there's 200 illegal mexican workers... there's a rich white guy signing them up for work...

Old 12-26-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
why isn't the government imposing HUGE fines on people that employ them... take their jobs away.. and they will go home... there is no need to sit and dehumanize the poor any more than they already are. I too agree that a nation must have laws, and those laws must be respected in all aspects even immigration... but all too often where there's 200 illegal mexican workers... there's a rich white guy signing them up for work...
Agreed. But deporting illegals is hardly the same as dehumanizing them. Holding them accountable and deporting them is a must do part of the deal.
I am all for dropping the hammer on any and all employers of illegals.

Old 12-26-2008, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I am all for dropping the hammer on any and all employers of illegals.
Got my VOTE on that one!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,701,855 times
Eh.....go talk to a liberal. They think enforcing our laws is comparable to the Nazi movement. You wont find much love in liberal LA with their illegal alien hugging mayor.

I tell you though, I sure am proud of Orange County politicians. They are extremely tough on immigration....and most run SOLELY on an anti-illegal immigrant campaign. Cities are tough here (not one sanctuary city, even Santa Ana that is 75% hispanic). Believe me, it has definately worked in OC. They have left, the streets are getting safer, and legal hispanics are now finding work more easily.

Anyone who believes illegal immigrants do not draw crime, grime, and drug activity are sorely mistaken and living in a bubble. These people are CRIMINALS who were willing to break our laws to get here and probably wont hesitate to break other laws once here.

Old 12-27-2008, 07:15 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John From Scranton View Post

well it should be soon with our own economy tanking and further evidence that mexico is going to want to export more people to the united states in the near future:

In May 2005, Cantarell was producing 2.2 million barrels of oil per day (65% of total Mexican production). Today the figure is roughly 900,000 barrels per day. The most troubling aspect is that the decline rate is accelerating, estimated at 2.5% per month currently, or 30% annually.

No oil exports after 2009?

According to Matt Simmons, by the end of 2009, Mexico will no longer be an oil exporter. If Simmons is correct, it will be very difficult to replace the oil revenue that has supported 40% of the Mexican budget. yikes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration