U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
show me the proof that those Mexican troops who aimed at the American border guards were trying to smuggle drugs into the US. Can you?
Iph yew new anything about this, yew woodn't bea ascking kwestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 PM

7,020 posts, read 9,895,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Kind of makes you wonder why we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, why we've had our civil liberties shredded to bits (Patriot Act??) all in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY and we still have a porous border to the North and South....hmmm?? "Oh, those damn illegal immigrant Messicans"....so much easier than looking at the truth...our corrupt fascist government....

WTF are you talking about? This is the immigration thread, the article I posted is about immigration and our border. Don't blame me if you or they happen to be "messykins". I suggest you find the Politics and Other Controversies thread and spew your O/T venom about national security and our corrupt government there.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:58 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,896,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
WTF are you talking about? This is the immigration thread, the article I posted is about immigration and our border. Don't blame me if you or they happen to be "messykins". I suggest you find the Politics and Other Controversies thread and spew your O/T venom about national security and our corrupt government there.
OT venom??
Just because I'm not brainwashed into thinking that this is a Mexican issue, doesn't make me wrong. Maybe if you opened your mind a little bit, you'd understand that this is a CLASS problem. In any case, I responded to your post that said:

Agreed. It is long past time for this country to stop trying to save the world while allowing Americans and America to be annihilated here at home.

I agreed with you- it doesn't make any sense for us to be in Iraq and Afghanistan (and everywhere else) when we're being invaded right here at home. So, why ARE we there?? WHY doesn't our government protect our borders in the interest of national security when they make us take our shoes off at the airport?? One world government. If you don't think that our government is hopelessly corrupt you are a fool.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
OT venom??
Just because I'm not brainwashed into thinking that this is a Mexican issue, doesn't make me wrong. Maybe if you opened your mind a little bit, you'd understand that this is a CLASS problem. In any case, I responded to your post that said:

Agreed. It is long past time for this country to stop trying to save the world while allowing Americans and America to be annihilated here at home.

I agreed with you- it doesn't make any sense for us to be in Iraq and Afghanistan (and everywhere else) when we're being invaded right here at home. So, why ARE we there?? WHY doesn't our government protect our borders in the interest of national security when they make us take our shoes off at the airport?? One world government. If you don't think that our government is hopelessly corrupt you are a fool.
What makes you think I don't realize that it doesn't make sense for us to be in Iraq? You went off on a tangent because I posted an article about the mexican military incursions assisting the drug cartels in crossing our borders.

Again, WTF does Iraq have to do with the topic of the thread that I posted? In the future, save your personal attacks and name calling for your family members. You are way out of line.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 12-28-2008 at 03:57 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 03:52 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Kind of makes you wonder why we're in Iraq and Afghanistan, why we've had our civil liberties shredded to bits (Patriot Act??) all in the name of NATIONAL SECURITY and we still have a porous border to the North and South....hmmm?? "Oh, those damn illegal immigrant Messicans"....so much easier than looking at the truth...our corrupt fascist government....
Do you honestly believe Ted Kennedy and John Kerry along with the rest of their ilk would have allowed us to man up on the Southern border?
What civil liberties are being violated? Oh you mean if you call a known terrorist org the phone call maybe monitored? Or if you send money to a known bank that supports terrorist activities?
I know my rights have not been harmed in the least.
I want our troops on that border. I want those Mexican soldiers to lock and load against our Military. I want to see how fast they back down... Its easy when you load up against a couple of border agents. Do the same thing a first rate military and that 3rd rate mexican army will find out what a good old fashioned american azz whooping feels like.
If they were pursuing drug smugglers why did they load and aim at our agents? Because the mission was bought and paid for by the cartels.

Last edited by tinman01; 12-28-2008 at 04:03 PM..

Old 12-28-2008, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Do you honestly believe Ted Kennedy and John Kerry along with the rest of their ilk would have allowed us to man up on the Southern border?
What civil liberties are being violated? Oh you mean if you call a known terrorist org the phone call me be monitored? Or if you send money to a known bank that supports terrorist activities?
I know my rights have not been harmed in the least.
I want our troops on that border. I want those Mexican soldiers to lock and load against our Military. I want to see how fast they back down... Its easy when you load up against a couple of border agents. Do the same thing a first rate military and that 3rd rate mexican army will find out what a good old fashioned american azz whooping feels like.
If they were pursuing drug smugglers why did they load and aim at our agents? Because the mission was bought and paid for by the cartels.
'
Well stated, rep points coming your way!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:10 PM

It kills me that some folks will make excuses for why we have an illegal problem call for all kinds of actions against everyone but illegals. Then ask where is our military?
Our Military would go through the best of what mexico has to offer like sheet thru a goose but we are not allowed to use them. Remember the Hispanic lobby's outrage when we first started putting national guard troops on the border? WE have them there but with UN like rules of engagement.
I am saying that we need to station Marine units on that border with Cobra gunship support... Lets finish the wall and man that wall as we do in Korea.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
show me the proof that those Mexican troops who aimed at the American border guards were trying to smuggle drugs into the US. Can you?
Show us proof that they were not.... I know its completely unheard of in Mexico to have corrupt police and Gov leadership.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Police face Mexican military, smugglers

Armed standoff along U.S. border

By Sara A. Carter and Kenneth Todd Ruiz, Staff Writers
Created: 01/23/2006 08:25:38 PM PST

Mexican soldiers and civilian smugglers had an armed standoff with nearly 30 U.S. law enforcement officials on the Rio Grande in Texas Monday afternoon, according to Texas police and the FBI.

Mexican troops aiding smugglers, says report

Border drug war backfiring
By Mason Stockstill, Staff Writer
Created: 01/16/2006 07:28:52 PM PST

A report outlining hundreds of incursions into the United States by Mexican armed forces over the past 10 years supports what many officials have known for a long time: The corruption once thought endemic only to Mexico's police forces has spread to its military. The Daily Bulletin reported Sunday on a Department of Homeland Security document that outlines 216 incidents since 1996 where Mexican military personnel crossed the U.S.-Mexican border and were spotted or confronted by the Border Patrol.
Additionally, a map bearing the seal of the president's Office of National Drug Control Policy, dated 2001, shows the locations of 34 of those incursions spread across the southwest United States.

Mexican troops aiding smugglers, says report - DailyBulletin.com
You were saying?

Old 12-28-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
uote: Police face Mexican military, smugglers

Armed standoff along U.S. border

By Sara A. Carter and Kenneth Todd Ruiz, Staff Writers
Created: 01/23/2006 08:25:38 PM PST

Mexican soldiers and civilian smugglers had an armed standoff with nearly 30 U.S. law enforcement officials on the Rio Grande in Texas Monday afternoon, according to Texas police and the FBI.

Mexican troops aiding smugglers, says report

Border drug war backfiring
By Mason Stockstill, Staff Writer
Created: 01/16/2006 07:28:52 PM PST

A report outlining hundreds of incursions into the United States by Mexican armed forces over the past 10 years supports what many officials have known for a long time: The corruption once thought endemic only to Mexico's police forces has spread to its military. The Daily Bulletin reported Sunday on a Department of Homeland Security document that outlines 216 incidents since 1996 where Mexican military personnel crossed the U.S.-Mexican border and were spotted or confronted by the Border Patrol.
Additionally, a map bearing the seal of the president's Office of National Drug Control Policy, dated 2001, shows the locations of 34 of those incursions spread across the southwest United States.

Mexican troops aiding smugglers, says report - DailyBulletin.com You were saying?
My god that can't be true. Oh it was made up by some anti-illegal news media group. Whoa I was worried there for a minute that there might be corruption south of the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or