Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 04:15 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,407,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegeist View Post
I was under the impression that Liberia was set-up by freed slaves (and look at how successful it is) so why are they immigrating back to the land of the oppressor?
Again, reading is fundamental. If you wish to read up on slavery, etc. I'm sure there are lots of articles on the internet. Use your search engine. I already answered your question.

Back O/T, Liberian immigrants . . . .

Old 12-28-2008, 04:30 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
It has nothing to do with the issue of immigration.
There just happens to be immigrants involved in a negative story. It's Jdubs' M.O.

At least an immigrant is involved in this one.
How was Jdubs take on the story negative? As she said its tragic and if the landlord violate zoning laws they should be charged for it.
As to another question posted. Why should a business owner be responsible for who they employ? Because the law says they can only employ legal citizens. ie green card holders, folks with working visa's or American citizens. That's why.
Why should land lords be held accountable for knowingly renting to an illegal? Because it can be argued that they are harboring and abetting a criminal.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:32 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,286,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
How was Jdubs take on the story negative? As she said its tragic and if the landlord violate zoning laws they should be charged for it.
As to another question posted. Why should a business owner be responsible for who they employ? Because the law says they can only employ legal citizens. ie green card holders, folks with working visa's or American citizens. That's why.
Why should land lords be held accountable for knowingly renting to an illegal? Because it can be argued that they are harboring and abetting a criminal.
I didn't say her take on it was negative, I said the story was. As in opposed to a positive story involving immigrants.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I didn't say her take on it was negative, I said the story was. As in opposed to a positive story involving immigrants.
Anti start a thread. Positive stories regarding immigration. I'll support it and add a few of my own. Rock with it. Most of us have something to contribute.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind that you are conversing with a party who has no problem with people being in this country illegally. In fact, many of those who post on this board are illegals, and thus will find any reason in the world to support all things illegal.

In addition to their ignorance and ignoring our laws, more likely than not they are also clueless about our rental codes and standards in the US. Remember these are people who think it's okay for 50 people to live in a 2 bedroom house.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Keep in mind that you are conversing with a party who has no problem with people being in this country illegally. In fact, many of those who post on this board are illegals, and thus will find any reason in the world to support all things illegal.

In addition to their ignorance and ignoring our laws, more likely than not they are also clueless about our rental codes and standards in the US. Remember these are people who think it's okay for 50 people to live in a 2 bedroom house.
If you can't tell, I'm a more assimilated illegal, and only rent with 15 people in 3 bedroom house.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
If you can't tell, I'm a more assimilated illegal, and only rent with 15 people in 3 bedroom house.
Whoa your moving on up...

Old 12-28-2008, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Whoa your moving on up...
. fish don't fry in the kitchen . .burritos don't burn on the grill, took a whole lotta tryin, just to get up that hill . . ..

Old 12-28-2008, 05:03 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Are you a moderator? No? Then don't worry about it.
Didn't mean to tax you brain with the question. My apologies.

Old 12-28-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
. fish don't fry in the kitchen . .burritos don't burn on the grill, took a whole lotta tryin, just to get up that hill . . ..
(crickets)

Watch out for the cartoonishly long cane coming for ya from behind the red curtains!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration