U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 01:54 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiluv View Post
So now, immigrants = criminals???

What about some respect to your own ancestors?? People! remember, YOU are also an immigrant! I don't care if you are 5th generation immigrant, you are still an immigrant to AMERICA! YOU are here in AMERICA because YOUR ancestors IMMIGRATED to this land.

Remember your roots and have some respect for yourselves.
i do remember my roots. they shot bad guys on sight. the folks sneaking over are no longer nice guys looking for a better life them days are over. mexico is rampant with violence we are the overflow. gangbangers looking for a better life.
the kick in the head is when i was a kid i watched untouchables with elliiot ness on TV. today they would all be in jail and those they put there would be free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2008, 02:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
So, are you saying that equaling immigrants with criminals is OK and Lawful for this sovereign nation???
Illegal 'immigrants' are criminals factoring in ID theft, etc. Getting caught a second time crossing the border illegally is also a Felony.

Next!

Hell: I would not want to be an illegal alien in either Mexico or Spain------even 'Hispanics' are not immune.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:50 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
So now, immigrants = criminals???

What about some respect to your own ancestors?? People! remember, YOU are also an immigrant! I don't care if you are 5th generation immigrant, you are still an immigrant to AMERICA! YOU are here in AMERICA because YOUR ancestors IMMIGRATED to this land.

Remember your roots and have some respect for yourselves.
WRONG.
Illegal aliens = criminals
their employers= crooks and cheats
pro-illegals= enablers
officals who advocate sanctuary policies= cowards

Can i really be called an immigrant?

I'm black (forced into coming to the US)
Native-American heritage (they were here first)

Old 12-29-2008, 05:55 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,308,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
WRONG.
pro-illegals= enablers

You were forced to come to the U.S.? I doubt it.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:05 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You were forced to come to the U.S.? I doubt it.
I was referring to slavery.

Old 12-29-2008, 06:07 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
WRONG.
pro-illegals= enablers

Interesting you cite your Native-American heritage saying they were here first. Aren't you guys against that kind of thing?

Old 12-29-2008, 10:07 PM

2,257 posts, read 1,721,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
fact is that if the illegals weren't given low-paid jobs in the USA, they wouldn't cross the border. People seem to slam the illegals but not those who benefit from them.
I slam both.

If any business is caught hiring illegals and paying them "under the table", then that business deserves to be shut down for breaking the law. The blame doesn't rest solely on illegals themselves -- it also rests with those perpetrating their existence here.

Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 PM

3,455 posts, read 5,090,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
To verify citizenship, we are required to complete an I-9. Documentation required are a dL and SS card. By law the employer is not allowed to request different or additional documentation if the documentation appears legit.

I remember reading that some illegals won a lawsuit against their employer for being fired after the employer found out they were illegal.

The gov. needs to put some teeth in their verification requirements.
Yeah they can hide behind those basic requirements but they know full well that when someone comes to HR not speaking a lick of English that there is a 95% chance they are illegal. Folks on H1B work visas almost always have good English skills as their white collar jobs would require it. I am sure these employers justify their hiring illegals b/c their competition is probably doing the same thing, i.e. there isn't a lot of moral high ground to go around.

My view is that it easier for the gov't to enforce laws on the employer than the illegals themselves. Why? One the employer has much more to lose as the illegals would just be deport "home" versus big fines for the employer. Two it is easier to monitor one company rather than dozens of individuals. Three is that systems are being put in place to authenticate documents that will make for forgeries that much harder.

Yes there would still be illegals paid under the table but there are rules against that too. Without the "carrot" of employment US companies, small and large, 90% of illegals would have no reason to be here............

Old 02-14-2009, 08:04 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Interesting you cite your Native-American heritage saying they were here first. Aren't you guys against that kind of thing?
'Native' American groups also came here at different times..............with newer ones conquering prior 'indigenous' peoples.

Again: just think of the Euros as a group of bigger and badder 'Indians'.

Hell: had it not been the Anglos/Hispanics; the Japanese may have colonized the New World after 1492.

It is called the luck of the draw of history.

Old 02-14-2009, 08:43 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
I just think there is a lot of non-sense talk around these boards regarding immigration, racism and other issues the world is facing.

I am sadden by the fact that some people here hide behind "our rights" and "us, Americans" and "our way" or even the American Law or history to validate completely retrograde thinking and beliefs, but hey! if it works for you, I am very happy you are happy with it... Good luck, best wishes to all of you
I'd have more respect for you Illegal Aliens if you'd get your #$# hand out of my pocket carrying my wallet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or