U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:30 PM
 
1,126 posts, read 2,380,498 times
Reputation: 566

Advertisements

fact is that if the illegals weren't given low-paid jobs in the USA, they wouldn't cross the border. People seem to slam the illegals but not those who benefit from them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Reeds Spring, MO
974 posts, read 1,352,244 times
Reputation: 453
Has.... in many posts i slam them as well. i think their money should be frozen and used to deport the illegals. that way they arent costing us taxpayers any more money. i also think they should be jailed. i dont care if its a giant corporation or some mom and pop farm.... if its illegal they should pay for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasdrubal View Post
fact is that if the illegals weren't given low-paid jobs in the USA, they wouldn't cross the border. People seem to slam the illegals but not those who benefit from them.
Most do blame the employers also. But that does not take away from the illegals' responsibility of not breaking laws. You are just trying to make excuses for them. Don't because it doesn't make you look good at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:35 PM
 
94 posts, read 110,074 times
Reputation: 43
I blame the governments (federal, state & local) which allow them to get all kinds of welfare handouts, free schooling, etc.

It's basically saying "come here, doesn't matter if you're illegal, the U.S taxpayer will pay your way," and we don't expect them to come? lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:36 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
Reputation: 6156
Is there another thread exclusively addressing the "illegal employer/winking government" problem?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:37 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Is there another thread exclusively addressing the "illegal employer/winking government" problem?
Does there need to be? Start one. I thought that this one was exactly that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:38 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Does there need to be? Start one. I thought that this one was exactly that.
Good, if this will be one. I asked because I've looked around and not found any, thought maybe I'd missed them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:40 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Good, if this will be one. I asked because I've looked around and not found any, thought maybe I'd missed them.
It has been brought up and discussed many different times in different threads. One doesn't have to have a thread that is specifically about employers to discuss them and diss them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:45 PM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,900,947 times
Reputation: 3651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Most do blame the employers also. But that does not take away from the illegals' responsibility of not breaking laws. You are just trying to make excuses for them. Don't because it doesn't make you look good at all.
Well....I don't put a lot of stock in non American illegal immigrants to follow our laws. They are criminals. I guess I expect a LITTLE MORE out of Americans to follow our laws since they are...I don't know...AMERICANS??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-28-2008, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Well....I don't put a lot of stock in non American illegal immigrants to follow our laws. They are criminals. I guess I expect a LITTLE MORE out of Americans to follow our laws since they are...I don't know...AMERICANS??
Wouldn't that be nice? We have so many criminals of our own that we do not need to keep importing them by the millions as we have been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top