U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 01:50 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,313,053 times

Advertisements

Here all can see that Hispanics/latinos are sick and tired of what illegals are doing to their country and their towns and cities.

Bakersfield Vet Posts '******* Go Back' Sign In His Yard [Video] : Diggers Realm

An East Bakersfield, CA veteran is so fed up with illegal aliens destroying his community and his property that he has posted a sign in his front yard that says "******* Go Back". As you'll see in the news report below they put up a banner under the sign that says "racist sign", yet the fact is that the veteran is Hispanic. Slanted news coverage? They put the banner up written as a statement, not a question (i.e. "racist sign?")

As you'll see in the interview with David Garcia below there is nothing racist about the sign. He realizes that illegal aliens in his community are destroying its fabric and his property and he wants the law enforced. Sure ******* can be considered an insult to some, particularly illegal aliens, but it is not a statement against all Latinos, just the illegal ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 02:21 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,629,612 times
That 'Mexican' is more patriotic than a lot of US Citizens, but if we put that sign in my yard...I'd be arrested and sued for hate crimes.

Old 12-28-2008, 02:40 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,628,336 times
For decades now, I've been hearing various Mexican-Americans express their impatience with illegals....yes, incredibly, even those whose PARENT(s) may, in the past, have been illegal.(gasp) yes...imagine that. Just about as hypocritical as the guy whose Dad was an alcoholic, having the audacity to denounce drunk drivers. Hard to believe, but it does happen.

Sometimes it's joking, often it's serious irritation. NONE of these folks (understandably) appreciate racist 'anti-Hispanic' remarks....that should surprise no one. Somehow, though, in their wisdom, these folks are able to differentiate one's ethnicity from his/her behavior. Being Hispanic, they seem to feel, isn't "bad"....committing illegal acts, on the other hand, IS.....and they see the difference, and know that ONE does not imply the OTHER.

Pity, then, that our newscasters don't seem to "grasp" this very important fact. "Racist" sign? Indeed.....Since when is "illegal" anyone's race? Like "trespasser", "invader"."scofflaw", or "deadbeat dad", it describes a legal status, not a race.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,225,089 times
I'd like to get into a court debate over this sign.
The sign can not be considered "Racist" if you wanted it to be. Those offended are the guilty ones who know exactly what that are.

Old 12-28-2008, 03:56 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,658,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
That 'Mexican' is more patriotic than a lot of US Citizens, but if we put that sign in my yard...I'd be arrested and sued for hate crimes.
Yet a ethnic slur against my father's ancestral heritage (Hungarian) is an acceptable nickname------------'Hunky' Cooper.

Go figure.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:12 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,901,369 times
Many Mexican-Americans actually find the term offensive. Myself included.
The term may have originated against illegal Mexicans, but it has been used as a slur against Mexican-Americans in general.
No, Macmeal, illegal isn't a race, but I have yet to hear an illegal Chinese, or illegal British person be referred to as a *******.

It's offensive, and shouldn't be tolerated.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:17 PM

706 posts, read 1,314,198 times
You can post whatever sign on your property you wish, but you don't get to speak for everyone north of the Rio Grande. And some people clearly do want migrant workers to come here - they give them jobs.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:25 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,225,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Many Mexican-Americans actually find the term offensive. Myself included.
The term may have originated against illegal Mexicans, but it has been used as a slur against Mexican-Americans in general.
No, Macmeal, illegal isn't a race, but I have yet to hear an illegal Chinese, or illegal British person be referred to as a *******.

It's offensive, and shouldn't be tolerated.
The chinese didn't swim the Rio Grande river in order to get here illegally.

Your offended?!......get over it!

Old 12-28-2008, 04:29 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,901,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
The chinese didn't swim the Rio Grande river in order to get here illegally.

Your offended?!......get over it!
Of course you don't care, because you're not Mexican-American, are you Mikey?
I don't care if a Latino posted the sign, and another allegedly "Hispanic" poster agrees with it. I find it offensive, just like many other Mexican-Americans will.

But you don't exactly have a grasp on what's offensive do you? Your racial sensitivity was shown when you posted that racist Obama joke on here, which immediately got brought down.

Old 12-28-2008, 04:34 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,313,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Of course you don't care, because you're not Mexican-American, are you Mikey?
I don't care if a Latino posted the sign, and another allegedly "Hispanic" poster agrees with it. I find it offensive, just like many other Mexican-Americans will.

But you don't exactly have a grasp on what's offensive do you? Your racial sensitivity was shown when you posted that racist Obama joke on here, which immediately got brought down.
I am of Mexican descent but not Mexican-American. I am American first and foremost. Hyphenated people have dual loyalties and show their disdain for this country, in my opinion. BTW, the sign doesn't bother me either.

Another thing for you to know...I am not allegedly anything. I am of Mexican descent. I just don't like criminals and illegals like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or