U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-06-2007, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
LoL...He can't even insult someone the right way. Plus, I thought some of us were on ignore. Ahem....

Besides I'll be out of Kansas soon, thank god. I can't tolerate the illegals anymore and his 1 percent is way off. I guess he needs to visit our schools here and the meat packing plants.
Where you off too?

we are leaving AZ in a few months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
Ohio - as of right now. I'm really wanting to move to PA, as my family resides in NY. Hubby got a great job offer in Ohio last week.

I've heard such bad things about Arizona. My hubby lived there years ago and said he'd never live there again.

Where you heading to? Somewhere safe I hope
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,692,551 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
Ohio - as of right now. I'm really wanting to move to PA, as my family resides in NY. Hubby got a great job offer in Ohio last week.

I've heard such bad things about Arizona. My hubby lived there years ago and said he'd never live there again.

Where you heading to? Somewhere safe I hope
Is there ever a safe place?

My husband is from Dayton Ohio, he has family there. We are off to Annapolis Maryland. Great job offer for hubby. Cant wait. I like the weather here but things here with the schools are just wrong!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 03:52 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,540,895 times
Reputation: 16512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Is there ever a safe place?

My husband is from Dayton Ohio, he has family there. We are off to Annapolis Maryland. Great job offer for hubby. Cant wait. I like the weather here but things here with the schools are just wrong!!
Good Luck!! I've been to Maryland many times when I lived in VA. right now we're looking toward the outskirts of Columbus, Ohio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 12:15 AM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Sealing the border wouldn't do anything to stop John Walker Lindh, Jose Padilla, Richard Reid or Adam Yahiye Gadahn.
Sealing the desert border would have stopped these Al Quieda trainees, and the vehicle border crossing improvement is coming next year in the form of passports for all. Planes are more secure and passports are now required to get back in the states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 03:37 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,277,556 times
Reputation: 10414
Default Broken borders

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Sealing the desert border would have stopped these Al Quieda trainees, and the vehicle border crossing improvement is coming next year in the form of passports for all. Planes are more secure and passports are now required to get back in the states.
It's ashame that a lot of it always comes too late. Probably because there isn't money to be made by someone in the government or a relative or friend of theirs. It has taken the government 13 years to fill in one of the tunnels running from Mexico through to America that was used for smuggling illegals, weapons and drugs. There's plenty more of them ... wonder how long it will take them to fill those?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 07:42 AM
 
Location: South Bay, California
1,701 posts, read 5,847,515 times
Reputation: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by TETLEY TEA! View Post
It's ashame that a lot of it always comes too late. Probably because there isn't money to be made by someone in the government or a relative or friend of theirs. It has taken the government 13 years to fill in one of the tunnels running from Mexico through to America that was used for smuggling illegals, weapons and drugs. There's plenty more of them ... wonder how long it will take them to fill those?
It's quite easy to sit on the sidelines and whine and complain about what the government hasn't done. Our Border Patrol has currently 17,000 men covering a 2,000 mile border, and before it was 10,000. Ummm, that's really hard to patrol, when some illegal immigrants will do almost anything to get into this country. Tunnels, the United States hasn't been able to find them all, and probably won't, because the terrain is so vast. Illegal Immigrants in numbers do go through the nation's sewer drains, it shows they really want to get in. The tunnels are dark, dark, and more dark. There was an article in the Los Angeles Times, shoot I must be liberal and pro-illegal, oh well, about these two women being molested by two men in one of the tunnels. They asked one of them about the tunnel, and she said it was way too dangerous, and claimed "she'd rather go back to the fields and be poor." You should show more respect for law enforcement, regardless of the effort there doing, there in authority over you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Where the real happy cows reside!
4,281 posts, read 9,277,556 times
Reputation: 10414
dusesean 1986 - I do not sit on the sidelines and whine, I do get active in a capcity which I am able. Also, I have the utmost respect for all our law enforcment in all areas. I've been affiliated with them (how I do not wish to state) for the last 13 years. I just wish the government would get more active and listen to the people who are on the ground, in the mix and doing the job.
As for the tunnels, I was using that as one example. I could've used plenty of others I suppose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 12:07 AM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Reputation: 317
[quote=TETLEY TEA!;439777]It's ashame that a lot of it always comes too late. Probably because there isn't money to be made by someone in the government or a relative or friend of theirs. QUOTE]

EXACTLY RIGHT!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-16-2007, 12:11 AM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,874,837 times
Reputation: 317
[quote=dusesean1986;440175]It's quite easy to sit on the sidelines and whine and complain about what the government hasn't done.


THAT'S RIDICULOUS, CONSIDERING IT'S OVER 25 YEARS WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THEM TO DO SOMETHING!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top