U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM

1,435 posts, read 3,506,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Tijuana is hardly a reflection of Mexican society
Tijuana is a reflection of Mexico because most people in Tijuana are Brown and most Mexicans in general are also Brown.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:33 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
Tijuana is a reflection of Mexico because most people in Tijuana are Brown and most Mexicans in general are also Brown.
It's the busiest port to the United States. There are a lot of people passing through. Tijuana is a bordertown.

I think it's more of a reflection of all that you know of Mexico, which probably ain't much(no offense).

I don't know why many of you guys can only use Tijuana as an example of Mexico. There's a little bit more to Mexico than the area a few miles within the U.S. borderline.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:35 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,612,395 times
Quote:
So "brown" is what we're talking about here? OK, fair enough..then maybe Tijuana is a reflection of the Phillippines......or India......or Tunisia. There are a LOT of places where people "in general" are brown......MOST places, I'd say. Any other way, in your opinion, that Tijuana serves as 'typical' of Mexico? "Brown in general" seems just so......well......vague, somehow.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Quote:
I think it's more of a reflection of all that you know of Mexico, which probably ain't much(no offense).

I know that the overwhelming majority of Mexicans do not have blond hair and blue eyes, because if they did than American cities with a large population of Mexicans both illegal and legal like Los Angeles and El Paso for example would look like a Little Sweden. So I was not wrong when I said that the physical features/pigmentation of Tijuana locals is representative of the rest of the population in Mexico.

Old 01-04-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
I know that the overwhelming majority of Mexicans do not have blond hair and blue eyes, because if they did than American cities with a large population of Mexicans both illegal and legal like Los Angeles and El Paso for example would look like a Little Sweden. So I was not wrong when I said that the physical features/pigmentation of Tijuana locals is representative of the rest of the population in Mexico.
So you're pretty much assuming at this point, right?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
So you're pretty much assuming at this point, right?
So are you saying I am wrong and that the majority of Mexicans do indeed look like this.
http://mwsalon.com/pictures/family1.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
It's the busiest port to the United States. There are a lot of people passing through. Tijuana is a bordertown.

I don't know why many of you guys can only use Tijuana as an example of Mexico. There's a little bit more to Mexico than the area a few miles within the U.S. borderline.
Most of Mexico is beautiful and prosperous. The problem is the border Cities where the impoverished pile up trying to live off of tourists and the possibility of sneaking across.

I recently saw the Mexican military in action(their marine counterparts) and you would be hard pressed to tell them apart from the US military except the insignia on their uniforms.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:08 PM

Quote:
So are you saying I am wrong and that the majority of Mexicans do indeed look like this.
Does a majority of anybody look like that?

Just in a perfect world, right?

Old 01-04-2009, 06:51 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,896,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Bottom line:

With the notable exception of Spain itself: why in the hell are all Hispanic nations poor irrespective of their citizens' actual race then?
They're not.
Most Latin American countries are rich beyond belief in natural resources. The 'problem' is that the wealth is concentrated in very, very few hands.

Old 01-04-2009, 06:57 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,896,860 times
Quote:
I guess they could if they dyed their hair like the mom and dad in the picture. Those are some dark roots they have goin' on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or