U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 04:47 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
Give me a break. If you're so great, how come you're here and not with the other minutemen on the Arizona border?

I'm a traitor, huh? I served in the Navy, I volunteer with underserved youth, I helped over 1,000 low-level employees at high-payed doctor's offices gain retirement benefits. What have YOU done for your fellow Americans lately?

Stop throwing the word "treason" around...you have no clue what it means. America, being the land of the free, is a place where one can have an opinion without it being "treason". If you think opinions are "treason" you should move to Myanmar.
Rep you if I could.

Tired of these self-righteous fringe activists questioning the loyalty of Americans who don't agree with their personal agendas.
And if you happen to be Hispanic and disagree with their opinions, then you might not even be a citizen to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2008, 05:39 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Quote:
Give me a break. If you're so great, how come you're here and not with the other minutemen on the Arizona border?
The Minutemen have things under control: if they needed my help-------I would be there.

Quote:
I'm a traitor, huh? I served in the Navy, I volunteer with underserved youth, I helped over 1,000 low-level employees at high-payed doctor's offices gain retirement benefits. What have YOU done for your fellow Americans lately?
Thank you for your service to our country.

As for the ca. 1,000 employees: were there here in the USA legally?

Quote:
Stop throwing the word "treason" around...you have no clue what it means. America, being the land of the free, is a place where one can have an opinion without it being "treason". If you think opinions are "treason" you should move to Myanmar.
In my eyes along with many other people's: knowingly hiring an illegal alien is tantamount to treason.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
as soon as your effected you change your tune, by then itll be too late
I can see Tijuana from my house...can see the border fence from my office, I can't imagine it's worse where you are than here in the most heavily populated border city in the country.

Old 12-30-2008, 06:02 PM

2,518 posts, read 1,846,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The Minutemen have things under control: if they needed my help-------I would be there.
If they don't need your help, how come so much fear about how illegals are taking over the country?

Old 12-30-2008, 06:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,637,375 times
Quote:
If they don't need your help, how come so much fear about how illegals are taking over the country?
Because many of us 'White' people were fed that white guilt crap over the years due to what happened many years ago to so-called 'non White' people.

Guess what: we are now seeing what feeling guilty has done for the USA----------and, the pendulum is swinging against multiculturalism.

I have no problem with folks of any race/ethnicity coming here legally; just that they need to assimilate which includes in part learning English and making damn sure their children learn to speak it properly. Illegal aliens OTOH---------they have the same rights as any other group of lawbreakers and need to be dealt with accordingly.

America: love it or leave it!

Old 12-30-2008, 06:16 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,871 times
Quote:

Thank you for your service to our country.

As for the ca. 1,000 employees: were there here in the USA legally?

What are you trying to with that question? Take a shot at his volunteer work?

Old 12-30-2008, 08:10 PM

608 posts, read 881,469 times
No crime festers where there is lack of police visibility. With city budget constraints most forces are operating lean in just about every major city. Also, remember in NO most of the police force just up and left. No wonder crime rose, criminals saw opportunity and took it. That is the American way... when opportunity knocks!

Quote:
Because many of us 'White' people were fed that white guilt crap over the years due to what happened many years ago to so-called 'non White' people.

Guess what: we are now seeing what feeling guilty has done for the USA----------and, the pendulum is swinging against multiculturalism.

I have no problem with folks of any race/ethnicity coming here legally; just that they need to assimilate which includes in part learning English and making damn sure their children learn to speak it properly. Illegal aliens OTOH---------they have the same rights as any other group of lawbreakers and need to be dealt with accordingly.

America: love it or leave it!

Old 12-30-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Not to mentio, he said he LIVED there, as in past tense. He doesn't live ther now so he has no idea what is going on in that city.
Lived as in past tense but not necessarily disconnected. I am sure he knows more than all of us as one typically stays connected through friends and family. I am from Boston and have not LIVED there for more than 20 years. That doesn't mean I don't know what is going on as I have immediate family there and visit often.

Old 12-30-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I can see Tijuana from my house...can see the border fence from my office, I can't imagine it's worse where you are than here in the most heavily populated border city in the country.

I am sure the Tijuana stats would make NO look like Disney World. Terrible things happening there and in Juarez. Stay safe!!!

Old 12-30-2008, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonaldson View Post
I never claimed that they were the cause of rising crime.

But when you add more poverty to an already poverty-stricken city what do you likely get? A booming metropolis or a rise in crime?

And what will likely happen when the anchor babies of already poverty-stricken illegals grow up in an already poverty-stricken city? Hmm, extremely bright students or people more likely to turn to crime?

Are you suggesting that by importing poverty and anchor babies to an already damaged city that it's somehow going to turn out alright?

Not only that, the illegals can qualify for health care from a struggling city once they crank out anchor babies and the school system is facing overcrowding. Lovely situation, isn't it? Adding more poverty to present poverty is the great, don't you think?
You never claim but you hypothesize... Sorry not an attack but the article and others similar in nature don't really state the immigrants are poverty stricken. They are working right? Usually people working don't turn to crime. In fact the employed prospre and multiply insurance or no insurance. Unemployment, desperation, drug trade and boredom are the influences to crime. We have a system where people can take advantage this holds true for US citizens as well as non.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration