U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:03 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times

Advertisements

Funny how prosperous that land became after it changed hands. I'm sure most poor Mexicans wish the land they walk on would have changed hands too. What they have instead is a govt that has kicked them to the curb to fend for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2009, 07:08 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I said it was acceptable for Spain to steal the land of the Aztecs? Don't really recall that. And yes it was okay for Mexico to kick the Spanish out. And yes, Mexico didn't really have it together around the time the US started an unjust war against Mexico.

So you say Mexico has interest in taking United States back? haha, that old reconquista conspiracy theory?

The United States robbing Mexico of land was an act that many Mexicans, as well as many prominent Americans looked down upon as a much more powerful nation forcing land away from a very weak, barely independent country.

Guatemala told Mexico to 'go to hell'? From what I understand, they wanted their independence and got it. It wasn't taken by a powerful nation in an unjust war. Where'd you get the "go to hell" part of it?
Spain took what is now Mexico in an 'unjust' war as well...............

Our 'failing' was that we should have grabbed all of Mexico back in 1848----------God knows it would be a much better place to live.

As I have stated in the past: Mexico needs to grow up and take responsibility for its failures as a nation. Many other nations suffered far worse than Mx yet were able to bounce back since just WW II.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration