U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 AM

8,388 posts, read 8,098,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of citizens and legal residents are stuck waiting years for a spot.
Illegal immigrants make up a tiny portion of the 7.1 million people in federal housing, according to government statistics. But authorities may be unaware of thousands more, and critics say no illegal immigrant should get housing benefits.
The issue made headlines in November with news that Zeituni Onyango, an aunt of President-elect Barack Obama, was living in Boston public housing while in the country illegally.

National News - Many illegal immigrants live in public housing (http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-national/20090101/Public.Housing.Immigrants/ - broken link)

Do any of you good CDers ever wonder why our southern border is laregly left open to illegals?

Would anyone in the US profit from having an underpaid subclass of workers who are largely supported by your tax dollars?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 08:53 AM

17,497 posts, read 10,125,763 times
We see this in Idaho. We have few low income places in our small town and they are mostly rented to illegals. What's most interesting, is the NICE NEW CARS they drive. When did you qualify for welfare and get to drive MANY NEW CARS!!

Upon calling Health and Welfare they said that the cars where parked in the parking lot by visitors of the store across the street. Which, is total arrogance on their part, since only a small bakery is across the street. Can't see someone parking their SUV all day, in a low income housing project!!

Then, they said if I knew who owned them to let them know, since when would it be a citizen's job to check this out. I guess the employees of Health and Welfare depend on the rest of us to do their work and then do NOTHING at all.

Old 01-02-2009, 09:27 AM

12,775 posts, read 7,380,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Money may be the root of all evil but it is what makes the world go 'round!
That is one of the most misquoted 'quotes'. 'The LOVE of money is the root of all evil'.

Not money, itself.

Old 01-02-2009, 10:58 AM

87 posts, read 114,351 times
Quote:
Money may be the root of all evil but it is what makes the world go 'round!
I suppose you support big business hiring illegal aliens in America for a fraction of the wages that Americans need to live on. The illegal aliens live 20 to a household and off the government teat. They’re stealing everything that’s not nailed down!

Last edited by Sovereignty; 01-02-2009 at 11:55 AM..

Old 01-02-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Do any of you good CDers ever wonder why our southern border is laregly left open to illegals?

Would anyone in the US profit from having an underpaid subclass of workers who are largely supported by your tax dollars?
It’s the United States government relationship with Big Business, that’s the reason for open boarders. The taxpayers just foot the bills for illegal aliens, Anchor Babies, Welfare, Medicare, Public Housing, Education . . . So, I would think that it's unfair to blame the average American for making money off illegal aliens because they don’t! The real blame belongs to the politicians that accept Lobbyist money from Big Business to vote in regulation in Congress and the Senate to continue to allow open borders and allow illegal aliens to continue to break the laws. We must stop Lobbyist Bribes to politicians and enforce the laws already on the book!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:14 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post

Those illegal alien criminals do not help my life in any way at all...........

Old 01-02-2009, 01:43 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You might want to talk to Terry Anderson about that. I am sure that he would disagree with you. He is black and lives in South Central and he is very much against illegal aliens in this country.

The Terry Anderson Show - "If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention!"
How does that prove the exodus of Blacks from Los Angeles has to do with Latinos?

Old 01-02-2009, 03:46 PM

608 posts, read 881,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
I suppose you support big business hiring illegal aliens in America for a fraction of the wages that Americans need to live on. The illegal aliens live 20 to a household and off the government teat. They’re stealing everything that’s not nailed down!

How on earth did you come to that conclusion about me supporting big business hiring illegal aliens? Honestly. I made a statement simply put. Actually as Fox Terrier pointed out... Love of money is the root of all evil. But it is still what makes the world go around.

Old 01-02-2009, 04:06 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,070,242 times
or talk to me.

lots of my peoples have left south central because it is south central. and lots of families who moved to south central in the 40's and 50's during the great migration from the south are heading back to their families southern roots.

these are nothing but migration patters. people move to where it is affordable, once they are established they move out. some of the folks from SC have moved out because they are more financially prosperous. why would they continue to live in a depressed economic area. these once low income families are replaced by other low income families. sometimes they are the same skin color, sometimes they are not.
other folks move out because its dangerous.

there are many reasons that people have left south central, but the reality still exists that there are plenty of black folk in SC. they get on just fine.
i see many many many black and brown couples every day. its the reality.
i live in this area and have intimate knowledge of these issues.

dont beleive the hype.

live
from
florence
and
graham

the one.

PS
it is interesting to see the shift of demographics in the projects tho. the pueblos are still alrgely black, but the other ones like jordan downs and imperial courts are a bit more brown now. it seems to me that people leave these areas because they are tired of living in the getto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
You might want to talk to Terry Anderson about that. I am sure that he would disagree with you. He is black and lives in South Central and he is very much against illegal aliens in this country.

The Terry Anderson Show - "If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention!"

Old 01-02-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
How on earth did you come to that conclusion about me supporting big business hiring illegal aliens? Honestly. I made a statement simply put. Actually as Fox Terrier pointed out... Love of money is the root of all evil. But it is still what makes the world go around.
I appologize, I miss took you for another poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or