U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:00 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
Yes, I think you're right again, all Americans should report businesses that hire illegal alien whenever possible!

*****

US Attorneys Criminal Resource Manual 1918

Criminal Resource Manual

1918 Arrest of Illegal Aliens by State and Local Officers
Subsection 1324(c) of Title 8 specifically authorizes state and local officers "whose duty it is to enforce criminal laws" to make arrests for violations of 8 U.S.C. 1324. There is also a general federal statute which authorizes certain local officials to make arrests for violations of federal statutes, 18 U.S.C. 3041. The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals has held that 18 U.S.C. 3041 authorizes those local officials to issue process for the arrest, to be executed by law enforcement officers. See United States v. Bowdach, 561 F.2d 1160, 1168 (5th Cir. 1977).

Rule 4(a)(1) of the Federal Rules of Criminal Procedure provides that an arrest warrant "shall be executed by a marshal or by some other officer authorized by law." The phrase, "some other officer," includes state and local officers. Bowdach, supra.

SOURCE:

Criminal Resource Manual 1918 Arrest of Illegal Aliens by State and Local Officers
Here's to not making a point! You should go on another racist rant. They're more entertaining than copy pasting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:17 PM
 
87 posts, read 114,371 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Here's to not making a point! You should go on another racist rant. They're more entertaining than copy pasting.
You can’t expect millions of illegal aliens from one civilization to enter the country, abandon all loyalties and values of their old civilization and sign up with all of those of the new one they entered. The illegal aliens are undermining the U.S. economy and welfare, while also posing an increasing threat to United States national security.

American preserving our common heritage as Americans have been labeled as white supremacists. The reason being is, for expressing and acknowledging the importance of gaining the total control of the U.S. ports and boarders and downsizing and deporting the resident illegal alien population and severely restricting the new legal immigration. American also believe that their government should actively restrict immigration on all levels.

The concern with the cultural, economic, environmental, and security impact of the influx of immigrant does not necessarily arise from racist, xenophobic or supremacist beliefs. I believe it’s the result of American citizens own experiences with the efforts of a large and expanding illegal alien population in their communities.

The fact is immigration is the significant factor in U.S. population growth and over use of the countries social, health and education programs and benefits by illegal aliens.

Security, economy, and party interest are well and good, but the fundamental issue in the immigration debate is who we are and what sort of nation we want to be.

Last edited by Sovereignty; 01-04-2009 at 09:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
 
197 posts, read 231,631 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
You cant expect millions of illegal aliens from one civilization to enter the country, abandon all loyalties and values of their old civilization and sign up with all of those of the new one they entered. The illegal aliens are undermining the U.S. economy and welfare, while also posing an increasing threat to United States national security.

American preserving our common heritage as Americans have been labeled as white supremacists. The reason being is, for expressing and acknowledging the importance of gaining the total control of the U.S. ports and boarders and downsizing and deporting the resident illegal immigration population and severely restricting the new legal immigration. American also believe that their government should actively restrict immigration on all levels.

The concern with the cultural, economic, environmental, and security impact of the influx of immigrant does not necessarily arise from racist, xenophobic or supremacist beliefs. I believe its the result of American citizens own experiences with the efforts of a large and expanding illegal alien population in their communities.

The fact is immigration is the significant factor in U.S. population growth and over use of the countries social, health and education programs and benefits by illegal aliens.

Security, economy, and party interest are well and good, but the fundamental issue in the immigration debate is who we are and what sort of nation we want to be.
They were also called white supremacists through the 1960's when there was official apartheid in the US and these "white supremacists" used fear tactics and violence to make their point, that equality would be disastrous. Official racism(supported by the government) has been erradicated for several decades now, while the US continued to prosper.
Today we are a multi-cultural nation, with significant hispanic culture, with an african american president that makes all of us proud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:49 PM
 
87 posts, read 114,371 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
"with an african american president that makes all of us proud."
Speak for yourself!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 10:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
They were also called white supremacists through the 1960's when there was official apartheid in the US and these "white supremacists" used fear tactics and violence to make their point, that equality would be disastrous. Official racism(supported by the government) has been erradicated for several decades now, while the US continued to prosper.
Today we are a multi-cultural nation, with significant hispanic culture, with an african american president that makes all of us proud.
I don't understand how people talk about the good ol days of the 60s "before political correctness", when people knew their place.

Whatever. The US is at a much better place than it was in the "good ol days". They complain about "multiculturalism", but this country is now a whole lot more tolerant than it was back then.

The improvement of life in this country for minorities didn't happen on accident.
We've made giant leaps of progress in this country. I don't understand why people want to take steps back.
The good ol days weren't good ol days for everyone.

As a minority, I love today's America a lot more than had I been in it in the say the 50s. Now more than ever, our country is living up to it's ideals.
People say the country's getting worse, I say it's getting better. At least our society is, anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 11:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
They were also called white supremacists through the 1960's when there was official apartheid in the US and these "white supremacists" used fear tactics and violence to make their point, that equality would be disastrous. Official racism(supported by the government) has been erradicated for several decades now, while the US continued to prosper.
Today we are a multi-cultural nation, with significant hispanic culture, with an african american president that makes all of us proud.
Becoming more and more like Mexico is not better for us. Globalism is proving to be very destructive, our economy is doing very poorly and we're facing debts that can never be repaid.

The issue with American blacks was a whole different issue, that had nothing to do with a foreign language replacing our language, and a complete disregard for our laws by large numbers of foreign people who felt they had a right to break whatever of our laws they pleased.

The USA has the highest level of legal immigration of any nation in the world. There is no "right" of any foreign people to break the immigration laws of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Becoming more and more like Mexico is not better for us. Globalism is proving to be very destructive, our economy is doing very poorly and we're facing debts that can never be repaid.

The issue with American blacks was a whole different issue, that had nothing to do with a foreign language replacing our language, and a complete disregard for our laws by large numbers of foreign people who felt they had a right to break whatever of our laws they pleased.

The USA has the highest level of legal immigration of any nation in the world. There is no "right" of any foreign people to break the immigration laws of this country.
Spanish is not replacing English .
A bunch of Chicken Littles in here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Spanish is not replacing English .
A bunch of Chicken Littles in here.
Yes it is when it's the main job requirement for many jobs. No foreign language should be a job criteria except for those jobs such as language translation, foreign language instructor.

I live in a city where more people speak only Spanish than speak only English, and where 74% speak primarily Spanish. It's much easier for someone who speaks no English to find a job than one who speaks no Spanish, and there is widespread discrimination against non-native speakers of Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:20 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes it is when it's the main job requirement for many jobs. No foreign language should be a job criteria except for those jobs such as language translation, foreign language instructor.

I live in a city where more people speak only Spanish than speak only English, and where 74% speak primarily Spanish. It's much easier for someone who speaks no English to find a job than one who speaks no Spanish, and there is widespread discrimination against non-native speakers of Spanish.
Speaking from LA of all places, I don't buy it.

What kind of jobs are these? Mowing lawns? Really, what jobs, and what city are you talking about?

I believe someone who is bilingual being more qualified than someone who speaks only one language. But why wouldn't that make sense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 11:06 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,802 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17694
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Speaking from LA of all places, I don't buy it.

What kind of jobs are these? Mowing lawns? Really, what jobs, and what city are you talking about?

I believe someone who is bilingual being more qualified than someone who speaks only one language. But why wouldn't that make sense?

The point being, why is there such a need for people to speak Spanish if the customers are in the US? Well, it's because we have a huge population of Illegal Aliens that speak Spanish and refuse to assimilate that's why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top