U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 04:46 AM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
So whats the bad part of having a neighborhood in Detroit revitalized?
Would you rather it still be a cesspool than have it fixed up by Latino immigrants, some of which being illegal?
Is it a matter of principle for you?
If any neighborhood in the United States needs illegal immigration to survive, then that neighborhood does not deserve to survive.

Heck, i want some of the neighborhoods in my hometown of Hampton, VA to be fixed up but that doesn't mean i want pimps, drug dealers, and robbers pouring $$$ into it. I could not fully throw my love into said neighborhood knowing that it was fixed with ill-gotten means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Asians are even outperforming Anglo-Americans. Good for them.
But your view of Hispanics is very warped.
The illegal aliens' 'right' marches of May 2006 damned Latinos as a group in the eyes of many Americans-------------both Anglo and Hispanic. It proved that the open borders/pro illegal alien amnesty fans are nothing more than a bunch of traitors.

Think about it. It awakened a sleeping giant and we are still unhappy, to be very polite.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 AM

3,194 posts, read 2,864,856 times
OK guys, after providing me with lots of work to do I have finally cleaned this thread up enough for you all to continue discussing the issues at hand. Please stay on topic and stop insulting each other. Do not use other people's usernames in your posts. Be respectful to each other. We are all adults here and should behave as such. I know the immigration issue is heated, but we can still act like adults.

Old 01-03-2009, 01:43 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
If any neighborhood in the United States needs illegal immigration to survive, then that neighborhood does not deserve to survive.

Heck, i want some of the neighborhoods in my hometown of Hampton, VA to be fixed up but that doesn't mean i want pimps, drug dealers, and robbers pouring $$$ into it. I could not fully throw my love into said neighborhood knowing that it was fixed with ill-gotten means.
Doesn't deserve to survive? You think an American city deserves to be in ruins and full of blight? How much spite is that toward illegals? You care more about getting even with them than the benefit of American citizens?

You'd rather American citizens living in that city/neighborhood to suffer, rather than have a minority of illegals prosper?

Isn't that a bit like wanting to bomb a full schoolhouse, because a couple of enemy soldiers are holed up in there?

Illegal is illegal, and being here without the correct paperwork is a crime, but do you really consider having someone washing dishes in a restaurant without documentation being the same as having a pimp, drug dealer, or robber in the neighborhood?

Some of you guys got your priorities mixed up. It's like upper middle class people saying they'd be "willing" to "suffer" through a depression if it meant getting rid of illegals. The lower class be damned.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:10 PM

23,000 posts, read 31,949,672 times
Quote:
Doesn't deserve to survive? You think an American city deserves to be in ruins and full of blight? How much spite is that toward illegals? You care more about getting even with them than the benefit of American citizens?

You'd rather American citizens living in that city/neighborhood to suffer, rather than have a minority of illegals prosper?

Isn't that a bit like wanting to bomb a full schoolhouse, because a couple of enemy soldiers are holed up in there?

Illegal is illegal, and being here without the correct paperwork is a crime, but do you really consider having someone washing dishes in a restaurant without documentation being the same as having a pimp, drug dealer, or robber in the neighborhood?

Some of you guys got your priorities mixed up. It's like upper middle class people saying they'd be "willing" to "suffer" through a depression if it meant getting rid of illegals. The lower class be damned.
If said city does not show a noticeable amount of outrage and raise all kinds of h&$# at the voting booth, then said city is saying we dont really give a about ourselves so status quo is alright. Then i think anyone who practices apathy about their city gets what they deserve eventually.

Yes i do put a dishwasher in the country illegally in the same catergory with a pimp, pusher, and robber. The thing they have in common is they are getting their $$$$ illegally and putting their communities into peril. Think about it, that dishwashing job given to an illegal can be given to a legal immigrant or US citizen who is more likely to keep the wages inside the community. That dishwashing job may pay small change but a community bad off like most of Detroit needs any change it can get.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:24 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when latinos and koreans do this, turn straw into gold, its gota hurt to watch for the AA.
Another ethnic group that AA's both respect but almost 'hate' in a way are Blacks (and their American born children) who immigrated here as free people from Africa along with Jamaica, etc. The latter are arguably the most successful socio-economic group in the USA...........possibly ahead of Asians.

Barack Obama and Colin Powell come to mind: one had almost a slam dunk to win the White House had he ran and the other did win the Presidency.

Old 01-03-2009, 02:59 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,658,155 times
Quote:
If said city does not show a noticeable amount of outrage and raise all kinds of h&$# at the voting booth, then said city is saying we dont really give a about ourselves so status quo is alright. Then i think anyone who practices apathy about their city gets what they deserve eventually.

Yes i do put a dishwasher in the country illegally in the same catergory with a pimp, pusher, and robber. The thing they have in common is they are getting their $$$$ illegally and putting their communities into peril. Think about it, that dishwashing job given to an illegal can be given to a legal immigrant or US citizen who is more likely to keep the wages inside the community. That dishwashing job may pay small change but a community bad off like most of Detroit needs any change it can get.
The cheap labor crowd wants to replace Detroits African American work force with illegal workers. They dont want workers who will demand a living wage. I doubt they will have much opposition.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:02 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
Quote:

You come off as a young dude from an upper middle class background. I could be wrong, but that's how you come off.

It's a lot easier to say something like that when you don't know real pushers and robbers. And if you don't live in a f'd up neighborhood. When you do, you get to appreciate work ethic versus REAL criminals.

I KNOW what a real criminal is. And I'd rather live next to someone washing dishes illegally, than someone pushing heroin or crack illegally, or someone sticking guns in peoples' faces illegally. Any damn day.

But in the case of the Detroit neighborhood, their ARE American citizens and legal immigrants benefiting from their own work. But there are also a few illegals contributing and benefiting from it too. I'm glad to see Americans fixing up, and having success in a neighborhood in a hard luck place like Detroit. Even if a few illegals are doing good from it too.
Americans, and an American neighborhood succeeding is way more important to me than sticking it to illegals. And unless you live in that neighborhood, you have no right to say that you'd rather see it crumble than it flourish.

I started the thread to show what Latino IMMIGRANTS are doing for this neighborhood. This is still an immigration forum, and it doesn't always have to be about illegals.

Old 01-03-2009, 03:09 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Why should any American be subject to living next to a crack dealer or a dish washer that isn't supposed to be here? Both are criminals of some level.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:09 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Quote:
You come off as a young dude from an upper middle class background. I could be wrong, but that's how you come off.

It's a lot easier to say something like that when you don't know real pushers and robbers. And if you don't live in a f'd up neighborhood. When you do, you get to appreciate work ethic versus REAL criminals.

I KNOW what a real criminal is. And I'd rather live next to someone washing dishes illegally, than someone pushing heroin or crack illegally, or someone sticking guns in peoples' faces illegally. Any damn day.

But in the case of the Detroit neighborhood, their ARE American citizens and legal immigrants benefiting from their own work. But there are also a few illegals contributing and benefiting from it too. I'm glad to see Americans fixing up, and having success in a neighborhood in a hard luck place like Detroit. Even if a few illegals are doing good from it too.
Americans, and an American neighborhood succeeding is way more important to me than sticking it to illegals. And unless you live in that neighborhood, you have no right to say that you'd rather see it crumble than it flourish.

I started the thread to show what Latino IMMIGRANTS are doing for this neighborhood. This is still an immigration forum, and it doesn't always have to be about illegals.
It is good that Americans and legal immigrants are helping to revitalize this neighborhood. Send the illegals home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration