U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 03-05-2007, 06:45 PM
 
451 posts, read 1,015,882 times
Reputation: 342

Advertisements

"These people mean us no harm"...PAALEASE!!

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-06-2007, 08:39 AM
 
1,703 posts, read 4,623,059 times
Reputation: 1093
That is just sickening! Not only are these "illegals" a drain on the economy, tax payers money; have no desire to learn the language or culture but some (I'm not saying all) have no respect for life and think they can just do whatever they want. I'd like to see all the bleeding hearts for these poor persecuted illegals (and the majority are mexican) talk their way outta this one.
I watch the news almost everyday and let me tell you probably 90% of the murders, stabbings, rapes, etc. that happen here are committed by mexicans (and I'm sure a large percentage of them are illegal).
It's ridiculous, we have no idea what kind of people these "illegals" are. As it stated in the article many are hardened, violent criminals with no respect for life. I myself am a "legal" immigrant from Canada and it really makes my blood boil that people think that these poor persecuted people (playing the smallest violin in the world) deserve in any way to come here without having to go through all the bureacratic crap that I (and my husband) did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 11:06 AM
 
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
481 posts, read 807,634 times
Reputation: 753
I second that! I sat in municipal court today and during the half-hour I was there waiting with a friend there were no less than 3 illegals tried for the following charges: trying to obtain a passport with false information and after further investigation it was revealed the illegal had used 3 different birth-dates on various paperwork. Oh and did I mention he also had 2 different licenses both from out of state? They looked to see if he had any prior offenses and I sat there thinking "He's probably got 3 different NAMES for that matter!" Another was up for theft and she had an extensive history of it in the past. She got community service... The third was up for more of the same, false ID and driving offenses (no license). And guess what the third one had with her? Her nice anchor baby! And the public defender had to translate for them all. It's disgusting. While they get off with warnings for their actions for which they are guilty, my innocent friend gets slammed by the smarmy public defender. I wish I spoke another language because I'd go up there if I got in trouble and refuse to speak or understand anything but my own language. It's ridiculous. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 01:30 PM
 
Location: Midwest
6,739 posts, read 8,539,903 times
Reputation: 16512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
I second that! I sat in municipal court today and during the half-hour I was there waiting with a friend there were no less than 3 illegals tried for the following charges: trying to obtain a passport with false information and after further investigation it was revealed the illegal had used 3 different birth-dates on various paperwork. Oh and did I mention he also had 2 different licenses both from out of state? They looked to see if he had any prior offenses and I sat there thinking "He's probably got 3 different NAMES for that matter!" Another was up for theft and she had an extensive history of it in the past. She got community service... The third was up for more of the same, false ID and driving offenses (no license). And guess what the third one had with her? Her nice anchor baby! And the public defender had to translate for them all. It's disgusting. While they get off with warnings for their actions for which they are guilty, my innocent friend gets slammed by the smarmy public defender. I wish I spoke another language because I'd go up there if I got in trouble and refuse to speak or understand anything but my own language. It's ridiculous. Sheesh!

This does not surprise me. They get special treatment for breaking our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 01:39 PM
 
Location: Irving. TX
238 posts, read 131,593 times
Reputation: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiru View Post
I second that! I sat in municipal court today and during the half-hour I was there waiting with a friend there were no less than 3 illegals tried for the following charges: trying to obtain a passport with false information and after further investigation it was revealed the illegal had used 3 different birth-dates on various paperwork. Oh and did I mention he also had 2 different licenses both from out of state? They looked to see if he had any prior offenses and I sat there thinking "He's probably got 3 different NAMES for that matter!" Another was up for theft and she had an extensive history of it in the past. She got community service... The third was up for more of the same, false ID and driving offenses (no license). And guess what the third one had with her? Her nice anchor baby! And the public defender had to translate for them all. It's disgusting. While they get off with warnings for their actions for which they are guilty, my innocent friend gets slammed by the smarmy public defender. I wish I spoke another language because I'd go up there if I got in trouble and refuse to speak or understand anything but my own language. It's ridiculous. Sheesh!
All those infractions you stated about that the 'illegal' (not human person), but "illegal" did are serious Federal charges, the fact that they were being address in a Municipal court is confusing. Do you know why they were in that court?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Irving. TX
238 posts, read 131,593 times
Reputation: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
That is just sickening! Not only are these "illegals" a drain on the economy, tax payers money; have no desire to learn the language or culture but some (I'm not saying all) have no respect for life and think they can just do whatever they want. I'd like to see all the bleeding hearts for these poor persecuted illegals (and the majority are mexican) talk their way outta this one.
I watch the news almost everyday and let me tell you probably 90% of the murders, stabbings, rapes, etc. that happen here are committed by mexicans (and I'm sure a large percentage of them are illegal).
It's ridiculous, we have no idea what kind of people these "illegals" are. As it stated in the article many are hardened, violent criminals with no respect for life. I myself am a "legal" immigrant from Canada and it really makes my blood boil that people think that these poor persecuted people (playing the smallest violin in the world) deserve in any way to come here without having to go through all the bureacratic crap that I (and my husband) did.
Ditto for all those north of the border coming here without invitation. How dare they think that this land caters to everything anglo looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 02:37 PM
 
1,703 posts, read 4,623,059 times
Reputation: 1093
What is that supposed to mean???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 PM
 
Location: Princeton, New Jersey
481 posts, read 807,634 times
Reputation: 753
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
All those infractions you stated about that the 'illegal' (not human person), but "illegal" did are serious Federal charges, the fact that they were being address in a Municipal court is confusing. Do you know why they were in that court?
I believe I related the charges against the parties involved accurately. Theft is prosecuted at the Municipal level when it is under a certain amount. And the multiple birthdates was treated as a "mistake" instead of an intentional action trying to obtain illegal ID. This is due to the legal system not caring or having their hands tied about this issue.

As to the whole illegals terminology I say that because if I said Mexicans you'd all call me a racist or some other bull. And it's quite annoying to constantly type out illegal alien every time when everyone knows what I'm talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-07-2007, 07:05 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,035,945 times
Reputation: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
"These people mean us no harm"...PAALEASE!!

http://www.immigrationshumancost.org/
Yeah Right, Are jails and prisons are full of these illegals that mean us no harm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-09-2007, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
226 posts, read 912,971 times
Reputation: 122
More people in our country are killed by illegals then in the war every year.
700,000 illegals came to the US just last year.
SEND THEM BACK.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top