U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2009, 02:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 15,233,614 times

Advertisements

Study debunks myth that early immigrants quickly learned English (Oct. 16, 2008)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2009, 03:09 PM

87 posts, read 114,311 times
I heard on CNN that 70% of illegal aliens had less than a 6th grade education. And more than 50% of the Anchor Babies are dropping out of school before graduating from high school.They can't read and write their own language how can we expect them to read and write ours. In my opinion they're unteachable and we're importing Third World degenerates who are illegal lawbreakers! The U.S. will pay by the crimes they commit and the social services they suck up!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:14 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,074 times
I always thought that claim was BS.
I don't think the Mexican/Central American immigrants are learning English any less than other immigrants.

All you have to do is take a trip to Chinatown, Koreantown, or any other Asian Enclave and see that whole neighborhoods will have more signs in their language than English.

I don't know what people base their claims of "being forced to speak English in the good ol days". How many of us were actually there?

As recent as the early 20th century, we know ethnic groups formed their enclaves where their assimilation into the new country wouldn't be so dramatic and overwhelming. They had their own stores, shops, restaurants where they formed their own community.

But their offspring ended up bilingual and very American. Just like Mexicans.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
I heard on CNN that 70% of illegal aliens had less than a 6th grade education. And more than 50% of the Anchor Babies are dropping out of school before graduating from high school.They can't read and write their own language how can we expect them to read and write ours. In my opinion they're unteachable and we're importing Third World degenerates who are illegal lawbreakers! The U.S. will pay by the crimes they commit and the social services they suck up!
What was the education level of all the Irish, Germans, Italians, etc that immigrated here in the old days?

Unteachable? What a slap in the face to all the millions of Americans of Hispanic descent.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:17 PM

It was proven by the marches in 2006 the Mexicans allegiance is to La Republica of Mexico!

Old 01-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Some people don't see the real dangers of giving 20 million illegal aliens amnesty. They will out breed us and be the majority (66%) of the vote in America.

U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) today unveiled an impact analysis that shows the Senate immigration bill – should it become law – would permit up to 217.1 million new legal immigrants into the United States over the next 20 years, a number equal to 66 percent of the total current population.

http://sessions.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=255553&& (broken link)

Old 01-02-2009, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Some people don't see the real dangers of giving 20 million illegal aliens amnesty. They will out breed us and be the majority (66%) of the vote in America.

U.S. Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL) today unveiled an impact analysis that shows the Senate immigration bill – should it become law – would permit up to 217.1 million new legal immigrants into the United States over the next 20 years, a number equal to 66 percent of the total current population.

http://sessions.senate.gov/pressapp/record.cfm?id=255553&& (broken link)

Then get out your Barry Manilow albums and the box-o-wine, and get working.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Nah, I'm not much a wine drinker, I'll just cut them off Welfare!

Homeland Security Edwin S. Rubenstein

http://www.esrresearch.com/Rubensteinreport.pdf

The Department of Health and Human Services spent $672.9 billion in 2007 according to financial analyst Edwin S. Rubenstein.
“Immigrants are poorer, pay less tax, and are more likely to receive public benefits than American citizens,” said Edwin Rubenstein.

Old 01-02-2009, 03:36 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
im sure you did. im sure you did.
why dont you cite a credible article backing your claim. till then you are just a cartoonish bigot.

please show me where "anchor babies" are cited as dropping out at a 50% rate. is that a national stat? is that a stat specific to miami? LA? chicago?

its an interesting number. i know that in LAUSD the graduation rates are pretty low, but that is a complicated issue having to do more with urban ills than citizenship. besides, many so called anchor babies, or citizens as they may be, serve this country as cops, teachers, military men, border patrol, chefs, etc. i dont think they are the problem.

but this is just evidence of your ignorance.

keep it up
you are only making it easier for people to discredit you.

Quote:

Old 01-02-2009, 03:49 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
im sure you did. im sure you did.
why dont you cite a credible article backing your claim. till then you are just a cartoonish bigot.

please show me where "anchor babies" are cited as dropping out at a 50% rate. is that a national stat? is that a stat specific to miami? LA? chicago?

its an interesting number. i know that in LAUSD the graduation rates are pretty low, but that is a complicated issue having to do more with urban ills than citizenship. besides, many so called anchor babies, or citizens as they may be, serve this country as cops, teachers, military men, border patrol, chefs, etc. i dont think they are the problem.

but this is just evidence of your ignorance.

keep it up
you are only making it easier for people to discredit you.
Cancel birthright citizenship for any future Anchor Babies but deport their illegal alien parents no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration