U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 07:08 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Is it true? Has any checked snopes or is the email circulation to new?

Anyways, I doubt it was MS-13 because it is highly unlikely that they leave a living victim.
but not improbable is it?

Look no one has said it was MS13. Certainly not I. The question was what is the significance of the #13.

As this is a illegal immigration issue, it is a well know fact that MS13 are intertwined with the illegal movement.

Now if this thread was about horror movies the significance would be th movie 13 ghost.

and if it was a gangland thread.............13 is an unlucky number .............

thats all. Point significance and context of conversation are what I rely upon nothing more.........................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 07:59 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,036,601 times
Horrible if true, but even more so if she is lying. It is that type of crap that makes it all the more difficult for real rape victims to come forward.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:06 AM

34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
It's improbable that a gang of anyone but the Girl Scouts would leave those gentle scratches on the back of her neck. But who knows? I look forward to the police update.

Quote:
Look no one has said it was MS13.
The Minuteman Project's page on this story quotes the HeraldNet.com report: "She...suggested the '13' may be a reference to Hispanic street gangs, including the ultra violent Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13)." (It appears the Gilchrist site helpfully added the "(MS-13).") The Minuteman website chose as a pullout quote: "Forde suggested the number, drawn in felt pen on her kitchen floor, may be a reference to the MS-13 gang."

So no, I guess no one wants MS-13 to take them to court for libel or slander, but the implication couldnt be stronger.

Old 01-05-2009, 10:35 AM

3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Quote:
About 99.9% improbable. A gang like MS-13 is not going to leave bruises, minor cuts (I saw the pictures that look very fake), a circled 13 as the calling card. If MS-13 really attacked her she would be dead, most likely hacked to death by machete.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:56 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Brutal Attack on Shawna Forde-Minutemen American Defense National Director (http://www.minutemenamericandefense.us/BrutalAttack.html - broken link)

You can view the pictures here, also even most people on her side of the argument are doubting her story.\

Quote:
The Herald learned of the most-recent reported violence after Forde got home from the hospital on Tuesday. She called the newsroom, asking if there were plans for a story.
Btw, what rape victim calls the newsroom asking such a question? She fed the story to the newspaper herself.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:35 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Brutal Attack on Shawna Forde-Minutemen American Defense National Director (http://www.minutemenamericandefense.us/BrutalAttack.html - broken link)

You can view the pictures here, also even most people on her side of the argument are doubting her story.\

Btw, what rape victim calls the newsroom asking such a question? She fed the story to the newspaper herself.
Yeah, not mention tried to implicate somebody through the media. I don't feel too good about this one.

Gilchrist didn't even admit anything was going on. He's probably sweating this out, because if it turns out to be another hoax, it'll be just another thing to discredit his organization.

Minutemen in the forum, I thought Gilchrist was booted out. Why's he speaking for you guys in the media?

Old 01-05-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
About 99.9% improbable. A gang like MS-13 is not going to leave bruises, minor cuts (I saw the pictures that look very fake), a circled 13 as the calling card. If MS-13 really attacked her she would be dead, most likely hacked to death by machete.
The circled 13 is what made most suspicious. It looks a lot like a placed "clue". An obvious one, but coming from people who only have a general knowledge of the gangs.

The number 13 by itself can mean a lot of things. I would think if it was MS-13, they would distinguish themselves more in the "calling card".

Plus, street gangs for the most part usually stick to wasting each other and people involved with them.

As much as the anti-illegal crowd wants to group them in together with Hispanic illegal immigrants, I don't think MS-13 and other street gangs are all that interested in immigration politics.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:

Look no one has said it was MS13. Certainly not I. The question was what is the significance of the #13.

As this is a illegal immigration issue, it is a well know fact that MS13 are intertwined with the illegal movement.

Now if this thread was about horror movies the significance would be th movie 13 ghost.

and if it was a gangland thread.............13 is an unlucky number .............

thats all. Point significance and context of conversation are what I rely upon nothing more.........................
How is that a well known fact? How is MS-13 connected to the illegal "movement"?
Anti-illegal types are always trying to make that connection. Like every Latino involved in crime is connected in one big conspiracy. A "movement".

The only connection between MS-13 and illegals, is that MS-13 is an American gang with some young illegals moving into their neighborhoods joining the gang.

Since it's spread from the U.S. to Central America, there is now some connections between them.
But connected to the illegals coming to work as day laborers? Or illegals who have overstayed their visa? Yeah....

MS-13 is now a brand name. Just like the Crips and the Bloods. Not necessarily one big gang.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:36 PM

87 posts, read 114,371 times
Quote:

No one did say that MS 13 was responsible the pro-illegals supporters like to play the victim whenever possible. That's an understatement to say that, " it is a well know fact that MS13 are intertwined with the illegal movement." Sometimes they leave their victims alive to prove a point and scare others into submission. I also read somewhere they're in over 200 different countries around the world.

Members Of MS-13 Gang Plotted To Kill Member Of

They are already considered the most dangerous gang in the world, but the feared MS-13 aren't about to rest on their laurels. According to Toronto Police Chief Bill Blair, members of the notoriously ruthless criminal organization were plotting to kill someone in the local justice system, a tactic they are known to employ as a means of ultimate intimidation.

SOURCE:

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_23493.a...

MS-13 gang member speaks exclusively to NBC2

CHARLOTTE COUNTY: An inmate at the Charlotte County jail claims to be a member of the MS-13 gang, one of the most dangerous gangs in the world. NBC2's Brandon Gunnoe sat down with Juan Perez for an exclusive jail house interview.

Juan Perez says he came to America looking for a better life, but deputies soon thought otherwise when they noticed a MS-13 tattoo on his body.

MS-13 is the most feared gang in the world.

http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticl...

The World's Most Dangerous Gang (2006)

And you've read the numerous news headlines documenting the Mara Salvatrucha gang. But what is driving the rapid spread of this gang MS-13, which have appeared in big cities and small towns across the country? National Geographic Explorer's Lisa Ling takes you deep inside of the shadowy culture of MS-13. It is an organization that recruits the most desperate, poor, uneducated, including children, and twists them into hardened criminals capable of the most serious crimes.

National Geographic

Old 01-05-2009, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
No one did say that MS 13 was responsible the pro-illegals supporters like to play the victim whenever possible.

Quote:
She said her freelance crime investigations could have brought trouble her way, and suggested the "13" may be a reference to Hispanic street gangs, including the ultra violent Mara Salvatrucha.
What'd you forget your reading classes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration