U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 12:33 AM

1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I believe that as well. I just don't think that bigotry and racism, or even "sovereignity", have anything to do with the problem. Illegal immigration is fundamentally an ECONOMIC problem.

Talk about small, dark, "subhuman", perverted men from southern and eastern lands coming into a country in order to deliberately leech off it, have sex with its women, and ultimately try to ruin it and take it over is nothing new. There was a guy in Bavaria in the 1920s who talked like that
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 09:12 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
re the fence, as the effect on the drug trade soaks in --the protest from los pinos will reach a loud high pitched howl.
Judging by several of the posts on just this thread; the high pitched howl has been reached.

As for Meth production starting back up here in the USA; I am not so sure about that anymore----------Meth's rep is that bad and people everywhere are turning in Tweakers.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:20 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Drugs and illegal immigrants are two very different things. Illegal immigrants, you can slow down.
Drugs? I don't know about that.
You could bubble us up like the bubble boy, and folks would be cooking up meth to get rich as domestic drug suppliers.

Illegal immigrants are coming here for their own good.
Drugs are coming to the United States because of the many many many people who want to buy them to distribute them to many many many more people who want to buy and take them.

Even before the time of the powerful Mexican drug cartels, Americans used to go to Mexico or even as far as Columbia to pick up shipments. Even American veteran pilots would start teams that would go pick up drugs in planes.

I think the fence is a small thing, and people shouldn't realistically expect it to make a difference in the drug problem of the U.S.
yes two different issues being addressed at same time, illegal entry into the country and the drug trade-- the fence has had a big effect on both and yes they will go to another place already have. its called area defense. 80% of all illegal immigration comes thru san ysidro not to mention huge druge trade, them days are over. those of us here are not trying to solve the worlds problems just ours. i dont follow you as to illegals coming for their own good but drug dealers no???? do you think leave it to beaver families are crossing over?? that stopped years ago. mexico is rampant with crime we are the overflow.
its all "for their own good"---- gangbangers and drug dealers looking for a better life. america is disneyland for criminals. little or no punishment and heavy penalties for self defense. in mexico the cops shoot or jail the bad guys, here its just the opposite.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 01-05-2009 at 01:36 PM..

Old 01-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Judging by several of the posts on just this thread; the high pitched howl has been reached.

As for Meth production starting back up here in the USA; I am not so sure about that anymore----------Meth's rep is that bad and people everywhere are turning in Tweakers.
Yeah, maybe it'll disappear like crack and heroin did.
Meth production never stopped by the way. It's just being imported as well, now.

Old 01-05-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
yes two different issues being addressed at same time, illegal entry into the country and the drug trade-- the fence has had a big effect on both and yes they will go to another place already have. its called area defense. 80% of all illegal immigration comes thru san ysidro not to mention huge druge trade, them days are over. those of us here are not trying to solve the worlds problems just ours. i dont follow you as to illegals coming for their own good but drug dealers no???? do you think leave it to beaver families are crossing over?? that stopped years ago. mexico is rampant with crime we are the overflow.
its all "for their own good"---- gangbangers and drug dealers looking for a better life. america is disneyland for criminals. little or no punishment and heavy penalties for self defense. in mexico the cops shoot or jail the bad guys, here its just the opposite.
Where did you get that crazy statistic?

And I know people on here are going to howl with rage, but I think the serious crime problem with the cartels is an overflow from the drug demand in the U.S., not the other way around.

There didn't even use to be nearly as big of a drug use problem in Mexico, until drug shipments bound for the U.S. ended up spreading around Mexican neighborhoods.

Face facts. Or explain how we are the overflow of Mexico's crime. This crazy situation with the cartels and their power didn't come before the drug craze here, did it?

Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah, maybe it'll disappear like crack and heroin did.
Meth production never stopped by the way. It's just being imported as well, now.
Meth use is down about 50% here in the USA.

It would not surprise me that the Meth formerly earmarked for the USA is being sold SOB. Look at the nature of those ghastly crimes in Juarez, etc-----------they have the 'fingerprints' of Tweakers there committing many of them.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Meth use is down about 50% here in the USA.

It would not surprise me that the Meth formerly earmarked for the USA is being sold SOB. Look at the nature of those ghastly crimes in Juarez, etc-----------they have the 'fingerprints' of Tweakers there committing many of them.
You're not really making sense, sorry.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:45 PM

608 posts, read 881,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
I believe that as well. I just don't think that bigotry and racism, or even "sovereignity", have anything to do with the problem. Illegal immigration is fundamentally an ECONOMIC problem.

Talk about small, dark, "subhuman", perverted men from southern and eastern lands coming into a country in order to deliberately leech off it, have sex with its women, and ultimately try to ruin it and take it over is nothing new. There was a guy in Bavaria in the 1920s who talked like that
I have said it before and I will say it again we do need some sort of border control... period! But we will never have the capability to totally control the border south, north and both coasts included. The economics in this chain begin and end in the US with our insatiable appetite for illegal drugs. U.S. Leads The World In Illegal Drug Use, Survey Says People With Higher Incomes More Likely To Use Legal And Illegal Drugs, Marijuana Use Widely Reported In U.S. - CBS News

We complain about the cartels using illegals to transport drugs into our country and transport guns out of our country yet WE are the ones providing demand for drugs and supplying the arms. Yes we are providing the arms to the very cartels you all write about.

The illegal sex trade in the US also encourages the importation of illegals entering the country. What is worse is these poor people (men, women, and children) did not come here of their own free will and are truly slaves.

So while we complain about this "economic problem" we are also to blame.

1. Stop the demand for illegal drug use in the US
2. Illegals who work for cartels no longer have the work of transporting drugs.
3. Cartels no longer have money to buy arms or bribe their own officials
4. Officials no longer fed dirty money may now begin to listen to the citizens as votes become more valuable.
5. Officials begin to focus on improving the country by lobbying for infrastructure and jobs for the people
6. immigrating to the US becomes less attractive when their home country is more safe, has jobs, and the people actually feel like they have a say in hour their once corrupt country was run.

I know you will all poo poo and that is fine. We in the US are all about the quick fix and the miracle pill that makes all the problems go away. Unfortunately the ONE miracle pill doesn't exist and it definitely is not just a wall.

Old 01-05-2009, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again we do need some sort of border control... period! But we will never have the capability to totally control the border south, north and both coasts included. The economics in this chain begin and end in the US with our insatiable appetite for illegal drugs. U.S. Leads The World In Illegal Drug Use, Survey Says People With Higher Incomes More Likely To Use Legal And Illegal Drugs, Marijuana Use Widely Reported In U.S. - CBS News

We complain about the cartels using illegals to transport drugs into our country and transport guns out of our country yet WE are the ones providing demand for drugs and supplying the arms. Yes we are providing the arms to the very cartels you all write about.

The illegal sex trade in the US also encourages the importation of illegals entering the country. What is worse is these poor people (men, women, and children) did not come here of their own free will and are truly slaves.

So while we complain about this "economic problem" we are also to blame.

1. Stop the demand for illegal drug use in the US
2. Illegals who work for cartels no longer have the work of transporting drugs.
3. Cartels no longer have money to buy arms or bribe their own officials
4. Officials no longer fed dirty money may now begin to listen to the citizens as votes become more valuable.
5. Officials begin to focus on improving the country by lobbying for infrastructure and jobs for the people
6. immigrating to the US becomes less attractive when their home country is more safe, has jobs, and the people actually feel like they have a say in hour their once corrupt country was run.

I know you will all poo poo and that is fine. We in the US are all about the quick fix and the miracle pill that makes all the problems go away. Unfortunately the ONE miracle pill doesn't exist and it definitely is not just a wall.
Agree with all you say. I think many people in here literally think Mexico is the source of all of our countries problems.

Old 04-14-2009, 03:46 PM

887 posts, read 1,745,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
Too bad we can't outsource our prisoners to China....I am sure a few years in a Chinese Prison will do them pretty good. It will save the tax payers a fortune. We outsource jobs all the time why not our prisoners. I am sure China would gladly take them.
The British tried that for Australia. Actually turned out well. China's too populated though, the Russian Far East is a better alternative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or