U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2009, 05:56 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,897,260 times

Advertisements

Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff said the agency has begun to make progress against "the criminals and thugs" operating along the U.S.-Mexico border, but "we are beginning to see more violence in some border communities and against our Border Patrol agents as these traffickers ... seek to protect their turf."

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the investigative arm of Homeland Security, said in a recent report that border gangs were becoming increasingly ruthless, targeting rivals, along with federal, state and local police. ICE said border violence has risen dramatically over the past three years as part of "an unprecedented surge."

The Arizona Counter Terrorism Information Center and the High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Area Investigative Support Center also predicted further spillage of drug-gang violence deep into the United States.

www.washingtontimes.com

Long but great read. Maybe Obama's racist appointees will stop playing Stevie Wonder and open their eyes to the fact that America will not survive unless we finish the wall and get rid of the foreign nationals and their drug cartels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 09:02 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
I hope Obama and his people are smart enough to see the dangers of having completely open borders and unregulated immigration and giving total access to our country to those from other nations.

Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I hope Obama and his people are smart enough to see the dangers of having completely open borders and unregulated immigration and giving total access to our country to those from other nations.
Agreed. I realize that he appointed hispanics to appease the LaRaza crowd, however, both he and the latino racists need to realize the abundance of breeding, criminal activity and tax draining associated with illegal immigration/amnesty of the millions primarily from SOB are of no benefit to America or it's tax payers. The collapsing of our economy, the bankrupting of many of our cities and the loss of jobs/taxdollars is more than enough evidence that this country can not justify or sustain the legalization of millions of uneducated, poverty stricken people.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:13 AM

4,264 posts, read 7,931,569 times
In reagrds to his hispanic appointees I know for sure Richardson is not for the fence, and I thought I read his pick from AZ didn't want it either. So maybe he should have worried less about LaRaza and more about the dangers we face on the southern border.

Old 01-03-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
In reagrds to his hispanic appointees I know for sure Richardson is not for the fence, and I thought I read his pick from AZ didn't want it either. So maybe he should have worried less about LaRaza and more about the dangers we face on the southern border.
Great post and ITA. The drug cartels have already infiltrated our borders and have cells planted all over the US. The violence is exploding within the border states and it's only a matter of time before they start decapitating their American clientele who don't pay up promptly and the American law enforcement officers who try to stop them from doing so.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:07 PM

608 posts, read 881,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Great post and ITA. The drug cartels have already infiltrated our borders and have cells planted all over the US. The violence is exploding within the border states and it's only a matter of time before they start decapitating their American clientele who don't pay up promptly and the American law enforcement officers who try to stop them from doing so.
Sorry, I have no sympathy for US citizens, illegals, legals, etc. who buy illegal drugs on US territory. They are the cause of this raging fire. Without users in the US we would not have such a situation.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:10 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
The incoming Secretary of Homeland Security, knows ALL TO WELL the border war going on - between the illegal crossings and the drug cartels etc.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:15 PM

608 posts, read 881,125 times
Quote:
Agreed. I realize that he appointed hispanics to appease the LaRaza crowd, however, both he and the latino racists need to realize the abundance of breeding, criminal activity and tax draining associated with illegal immigration/amnesty of the millions primarily from SOB are of no benefit to America or it's tax payers. The collapsing of our economy, the bankrupting of many of our cities and the loss of jobs/taxdollars is more than enough evidence that this country can not justify or sustain the legalization of millions of uneducated, poverty stricken people.
I hope he continues to appoint people from all different backgrounds and ideals. We in the US don't know it all. Bush proved this when he underestimated Iraq and Afghanistan. No policy or decision will ever be perfect in the world's view but we need to change our "we can do no wrong" attitude. Every decision we make has a consequence. With differing ideals and opinions maybe for once we will have healthy debates and select the path or least resistance or the one with the least consequence. Bottom line is we DO need to care about what the world thinks of us. It is a much smaller place than it used to be.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:55 PM

16,700 posts, read 18,917,881 times
I am thinking Obama will just give them US citizenship just because they are people too... we need to share our wealth with them... in other words, he is not going to do crap except HELP them even more with his pro-Amnesty agenda... Napolitano anyone?

Old 01-03-2009, 01:52 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,898,658 times
Quote:
By "cells", do you mean all the American buyers and distributors? It's not Al Quaeda, it's a business.

Crips, Bloods, Mexican Mafia, Hells Angels, Aryan Brotherhood, Nazi Lowriders, Nuestra Familia.......all American "cells" of the drug trade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration