U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,405,926 times
Reputation: 4893

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They are both tax-funded, so it's irrelevant whether it's federal or state.
Exactly. Those in this country should get no taxpayer subsidized benefits - of any kind be they Federal or State funded. NONE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-21-2009, 04:27 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcooper View Post
Uh, sure, if you discount andreabeth's outrageous claim upthread, which was about Section 8 housing in California.
Outrageous how? They are receiving Section 8 housing, not only in California, but nationwide.

Quote:
Untold thousands of illegal immigrants live in public housing at a time when hundreds of thousands of citizens and legal residents are stuck waiting years for a spot.
Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - Marin Independent Journal (http://www.marinij.com/ci_11350240 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
 
23 posts, read 27,820 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Outrageous how? They are receiving Section 8 housing, not only in California, but nationwide.

Many illegal immigrants live in public housing - Marin Independent Journal (http://www.marinij.com/ci_11350240 - broken link)
Outrageous in that andreabeth's claim that "if there is one anchor baby in the family, the entire family reaps benefits" fails to conform to the reality the rest of us live in. That's how. Onyango did not receive a dime in benefits from the federal Section 8 voucher program.
Onyango was assisted under a Massachusetts program. Onyango is over 62 years-old and is under different rules than andreabeth offered with a hypothetical nine-person family. That's outrageous.

From your source: "The federal government, which funds the lion's share of the nation's public housing, requires only that illegal immigrants share a home with at least one family member who is in the country legally and pay their share of the rent."

Was there something about the Section 8 program and illegal immigrants that you don't "get"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcooper View Post
Outrageous in that andreabeth's claim that "if there is one anchor baby in the family, the entire family reaps benefits" fails to conform to the reality the rest of us live in. That's how. Onyango did not receive a dime in benefits from the federal Section 8 voucher program.
Onyango was assisted under a Massachusetts program. Onyango is over 62 years-old and is under different rules than andreabeth offered with a hypothetical nine-person family. That's outrageous.

From your source: "The federal government, which funds the lion's share of the nation's public housing, requires only that illegal immigrants share a home with at least one family member who is in the country legally and pay their share of the rent."

Was there something about the Section 8 program and illegal immigrants that you don't "get"?
I don’t know what “reality” you live in, but in the real world of illegal immigration, they receive myriad benefits they are not entitled to. If there is ONE U.S.-born child in a family of illegal aliens, the ENTIRE family reaps the benefits. It’s the primary reason for them to give birth in this country.

Illegal aliens are also ineligible to work in this country. I guess none of them are working either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 05:43 PM
 
23 posts, read 27,820 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t know what “reality” you live in, but in the real world of illegal immigration, they receive myriad benefits they are not entitled to. If there is ONE U.S.-born child in a family of illegal aliens, the ENTIRE family reaps the benefits. It’s the primary reason for them to give birth in this country.

Illegal aliens are also ineligible to work in this country. I guess none of them are working either.
Sorry, but I just posted links to how families of mixed immigration status can legally claim benefits just for the U.S. citizen members of the family. Was your link supposed to say otherwise or was I just supposed to take your word for it?

If you're talking about people committing fraud in the federal Section 8 voucher program (HCVP), we could move this discussion to the welfare fraud forum. http://www.city-data.com/forum/welfare-fraud.

See ya there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,405,926 times
Reputation: 4893
Illegal immigrants are benefiting from the US welfare system. And clearly, they should not benefit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
 
23 posts, read 27,820 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Illegal immigrants are benefiting from the US welfare system. And clearly, they should not benefit.
Poor people are benefiting from the U.S. welfare system. It's a good thing benefits are restricted to U.S. citizens or nationals and qualified non-citizens.

How, again, are illegals eligible for welfare? Feel free to, y'know, provide a link.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 06:04 PM
 
Location: USA
200 posts, read 299,728 times
Reputation: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcooper View Post
Poor people are benefiting from the U.S. welfare system. It's a good thing benefits are restricted to U.S. citizens or nationals and qualified non-citizens.

How, again, are illegals eligible for welfare? Feel free to, y'know, provide a link.
An illegal alien parent receives welfare benefits on behalf of his or her U.S. citizen child. regardless of the parentʼs immigration status may receive welfare and other benefits. When such a child receives assistance, the aid also helps support the childʼs family.

SOURCE:

Illegal Aliens Extent of Welfare Benefits,
Page 1.
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,831,384 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcooper View Post
Poor people are benefiting from the U.S. welfare system. It's a good thing benefits are restricted to U.S. citizens or nationals and qualified non-citizens.

How, again, are illegals eligible for welfare? Feel free to, y'know, provide a link.
The internet is full of articles to substantiate our claims. You can also peruse some of the other threads on this forum, or have one of your ‘subjects’ do the work for you. However, it isn’t rocket science. Those making below minimum wage can NOT survive in this country without government assistance, and they are not all living 15-20 per apartment.

Again; are illegal aliens eligible to work in this country? Has that ineligibility prevented them from working?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2009, 06:11 PM
 
23 posts, read 27,820 times
Reputation: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Illegal aliens are also ineligible to work in this country. I guess none of them are working either.
Well, then, it was a brilliant idea to put tens of thousands of individual employers (who apparently cannot be trusted) in charge of our birth certificate/SSN/driver's license information. I must've missed the part where y'all claimed that victory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top