U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 AM
 
542 posts, read 1,267,275 times
Reputation: 169

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
As a sponsor we are held responsible for the immigrants to ensure that they do not become destitute, homeless or public charges. I understood that and it is not a problem- the lady works everyday and her kids do well in school and do not cause any trouble. I just thought that they would qualify for SCHIP. Even if they included my income, they would quailify because I have 3 in my household and a homeless teenager too.

sounds like you might be a nice guy, but you took on to much responsibility. i say come up with that $700 since you are the sponsor or go without.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:40 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Reputation: 17688
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
The American dream isn't to move to this Country and suck off the Govt teat.

What he said

I wonder how many people immigrate legally with the sole purpose to immediately start working the system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 07:52 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Me and my wife and the other sisters who sponsored them also help take care of their needs. She can handle the basic things like rent and utilities. The rest of us pitch in with clothes, school expenses and cable TV and telephone for them. Except for health insurance, they are doing fine on their own and get nothing from the government. The oldest has graduated and is in nursing school and the middle one will graduate as an honour student in May and the youngest in 2 years. They will all become good Americans. I am not worried at all about their ability to do that. They all get good grades and study hard and they all speak good English. I just thought that SCHIP (Peachcare here) would be available for them as it is for everybody else that qualifies. They are all in good health and probably will not need to use the system anyway.
And the point of the post was to point out that neither ILLEGAL or even LEGAL aliens get any services from US taxpayers.
Your immigrant should find a job that provides insurance benefits. MOST people don't rely on welfare programs for health care, most people expect health insurance benefits with their jobs.

It used to be better in the past, many employers today figure with all the immigrants, legal and illegal, they can skip the benefits, skip decent wages. That's what massive immigration is all about and legal immigrants are being hurt by this as well as citizens.

The whole problem with immigration is that good life people come for is being seriously diluted by far too much immigration. Like one illegal living here even said, amnesty might not be such a good idea because everyone will start bringing in their family members, all their cousins, siblings, and so on that there won't be jobs, an many will work for less money just to get here that will make it hard for illegals already here. Now you KNOW it's bad when even illegals have concerns like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:05 PM
 
197 posts, read 231,586 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans love to bash immigrants and illegal immigrants with lines like "they get free medical care and food stamps." Of course they never let the TRUTH get in the way of politics. Here are the FACTS:

1. Illegal aliens qualify for NOTHING but emergency care in this country. If they get sick or get cancer, they are sent home to die. No chemo and no treatment is given to them at all.
2. Legal immigrants also qualify for nothing except for emergency care and immunizations for children. They must be in the country for 5 years before they qualify for ANY government program including Section 8, foodstamps, SCHIP, Medicare, Medicaid. They must be present and WORK for 10 years before they qualify for Social Security benefits of any kind. If a child of a LEGAL immigrant gets cancer and does not have PRIVATE insurance, they too are sent home to DIE and no treatment is given.
yeah right..., if you say that the biggest myth of the anti-immigration radicals is not true, I shall say "I've never seen a unicorn"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 PM
 
Location: Sugar Land, TX, USA
759 posts, read 2,837,933 times
Reputation: 232
My wife is a physician and she tells me that the hospitals are filled with illegals. They don't have any papers. The ER's are now used by them for anything and everything. Have you been to a Neonatal unit anywhere in a border state? 50% of the people are "undocumented". Everything is free. We have a case of an illegal teen mother that had a child with no chance to live but she refuses to turn off live support....it is costing the Tax payers millions to keep this baby alive....even though there is no brain function and several doctors have reviewed the case and said there is no hope. I can give you literally dozens of doctors that can back this up.



Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans love to bash immigrants and illegal immigrants with lines like "they get free medical care and food stamps." Of course they never let the TRUTH get in the way of politics. Here are the FACTS:

1. Illegal aliens qualify for NOTHING but emergency care in this country. If they get sick or get cancer, they are sent home to die. No chemo and no treatment is given to them at all.
2. Legal immigrants also qualify for nothing except for emergency care and immunizations for children. They must be in the country for 5 years before they qualify for ANY government program including Section 8, foodstamps, SCHIP, Medicare, Medicaid. They must be present and WORK for 10 years before they qualify for Social Security benefits of any kind. If a child of a LEGAL immigrant gets cancer and does not have PRIVATE insurance, they too are sent home to DIE and no treatment is given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2009, 09:33 PM
 
197 posts, read 231,586 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
My wife is a physician and she tells me that the hospitals are filled with illegals. They don't have any papers. The ER's are now used by them for anything and everything. Have you been to a Neonatal unit anywhere in a border state? 50% of the people are "undocumented". Everything is free. We have a case of an illegal teen mother that had a child with no chance to live but she refuses to turn off live support....it is costing the Tax payers millions to keep this baby alive....even though there is no brain function and several doctors have reviewed the case and said there is no hope. I can give you literally dozens of doctors that can back this up.
Ha, Ha, Ha.... an undocumented mother is holding a hospital to her will, nice try, the reality is that the ethics comittee at any hospital will make that decission. If your wife is truly a physician she should know that.
A lot of people like to clinge to the myth that migrant workers have all kinds of benefits, despite all the evidence to the contrary, at this point I would say "if that makes them happy, good for them".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:01 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha.... an undocumented mother is holding a hospital to her will, nice try, the reality is that the ethics comittee at any hospital will make that decission. If your wife is truly a physician she should know that.
A lot of people like to clinge to the myth that migrant workers have all kinds of benefits, despite all the evidence to the contrary, at this point I would say "if that makes them happy, good for them".
You have obviously not been to an ER any time lately. You don't work in a hospital and have no clue. Illegals NEVER obtain medical health insurance, they accept jobs that provide them no health insurance, and usually even if committing felony document fraud, they choose not to obtain a medical insurance plan. Yes, it is a fact that illegals do not pay for their medical care, they use the ERs, they leave hospital bills unpaid. That is a fact, no way around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:04 AM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
Reputation: 47455
any poor kid born here gets welfare, welfare is a package deal 2 year olds cant apply or pickup benefits they go to the parent. same as section 8. the parent is illegal she gets the check so illegals do get the money.
millions are spent by medical on illegals millions.
ER treatment is one of the biggest leaks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 12:11 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
yeah right..., if you say that the biggest myth of the anti-immigration radicals is not true, I shall say "I've never seen a unicorn"...
And you have never read links provided -- this one was provided on this same thread:

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1998/he98030.pdf

From the USA government itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You have obviously not been to an ER any time lately. You don't work in a hospital and have no clue. Illegals NEVER obtain medical health insurance, they accept jobs that provide them no health insurance, and usually even if committing felony document fraud, they choose not to obtain a medical insurance plan. Yes, it is a fact that illegals do not pay for their medical care, they use the ERs, they leave hospital bills unpaid. That is a fact, no way around it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
any poor kid born here gets welfare, welfare is a package deal 2 year olds cant apply or pickup benefits they go to the parent. same as section 8. the parent is illegal she gets the check so illegals do get the money.
millions are spent by medical on illegals millions.
ER treatment is one of the biggest leaks.
And the screams of impotent rage are increasing the harder American society cracks down on illegal aliens and their enablers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top