U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-06-2009, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
same tired argument. GET SOME FAMILY VALUES!!!

wow. how juvenile and ignorant.
you really dimish any credibility by making personal attacks.

the playground politics dont change here... ever.
As I have stated in the past: most illegal aliens age 18 on up are criminals----------period.

There is nothing 'juvenile' about enforcing the law--------especially when dealing with millions of those losers.

If you dislike that fact: then feel free to move to another nation--------there are no walls/fences keeping you here in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-06-2009, 12:54 PM
 
34,990 posts, read 33,866,355 times
Reputation: 6156
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
As I have stated in the past: most illegal aliens age 18 on up are criminals----------period.
If you mean, besides the fact that they're illegally immigrating, could you give a link to this statistic, please?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
If you mean, besides the fact that they're illegally immigrating, could you give a link to this statistic, please?
ID theft is a Felony along with not reporting income to the IRS...........hence my statement that most illegals are indeed criminals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-06-2009, 05:18 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
ID theft is a Felony along with not reporting income to the IRS...........hence my statement that most illegals are indeed criminals.
Are you taking into account the number of illegal immigrants who have overstayed their visas, as well as working at jobs who don't really check for ID?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 04:20 AM
 
Location: Missouri
3,640 posts, read 4,310,069 times
Reputation: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans love to bash immigrants and illegal immigrants with lines like "they get free medical care and food stamps." Of course they never let the TRUTH get in the way of politics. Here are the FACTS:

1. Illegal aliens qualify for NOTHING but emergency care in this country. If they get sick or get cancer, they are sent home to die. No chemo and no treatment is given to them at all.
2. Legal immigrants also qualify for nothing except for emergency care and immunizations for children. They must be in the country for 5 years before they qualify for ANY government program including Section 8, foodstamps, SCHIP, Medicare, Medicaid. They must be present and WORK for 10 years before they qualify for Social Security benefits of any kind. If a child of a LEGAL immigrant gets cancer and does not have PRIVATE insurance, they too are sent home to DIE and no treatment is given.
It matters not what they are qualified to receive. What matters is the fact that they do indeed receive benefits. Illegals do in fact get cancer treatments and they are not sent home to die, though they should be. The whole premise for your opening post is nothing but lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 10:56 AM
 
Location: So. California
62 posts, read 121,740 times
Reputation: 55
In my county in So. California, they get food stamps, Section 8 housing, medical care for each American born child. The husband owns the house in his name, the wife gets the Section 8 money for rent and gives it to her husband. Legal? I don't think so. He can't hold a job but works at anything including smuggling drugs in vehicle tires to make money. He hasn't paid one cent in property taxes since buying the house. But soon they will move onto the next scam, probably put a house in the wife's name and continue to give their children an education in how to fleece the American taxpayer. The problem I have is that while Mexico is in a state of decay with crime and drugs, the illegals are bringing this chaos into this country and calling it their 'culture.' The schools in California are in a mess because they are trying to 'accommodate' the children of illegals. Their children are merged into classes with those who have no difficulties in learning. Guess who loses? Our kids because the teaching and learning slows way down to help kids who go home to parents who do not know English and cannot help their kids with their homework. It IS a big problem, the elephant in the room so to speak, that when acknowledged brings on accusations of 'racism." Bah, humbug! This state is in big trouble folks and our problem will soon spread into other states. Welcome to our world!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 03:25 PM
 
197 posts, read 231,631 times
Reputation: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon7 View Post
My wife is a physician and she tells me that the hospitals are filled with illegals. They don't have any papers. The ER's are now used by them for anything and everything. Have you been to a Neonatal unit anywhere in a border state? 50% of the people are "undocumented". Everything is free. We have a case of an illegal teen mother that had a child with no chance to live but she refuses to turn off live support....it is costing the Tax payers millions to keep this baby alive....even though there is no brain function and several doctors have reviewed the case and said there is no hope. I can give you literally dozens of doctors that can back this up.

I'm still waiting to see the evidence of this brave undocumented woman who has muscled the system in such a way, although I know the answer, the myth has been debunked!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 07:23 PM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,532,606 times
Reputation: 19578
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The Republicans love to bash immigrants and illegal immigrants with lines like "they get free medical care and food stamps." Of course they never let the TRUTH get in the way of politics. Here are the FACTS:

1. Illegal aliens qualify for NOTHING but emergency care in this country. If they get sick or get cancer, they are sent home to die. No chemo and no treatment is given to them at all.
2. Legal immigrants also qualify for nothing except for emergency care and immunizations for children. They must be in the country for 5 years before they qualify for ANY government program including Section 8, foodstamps, SCHIP, Medicare, Medicaid. They must be present and WORK for 10 years before they qualify for Social Security benefits of any kind. If a child of a LEGAL immigrant gets cancer and does not have PRIVATE insurance, they too are sent home to DIE and no treatment is given.
Hmm, my first trip to this forum and a post that hit home.

On September 22, 2008 I had to go in to try and get medical assistance. I am a citizen of the United States of America, as were my parents, their parents before them, and on we go.

I am a white female, age 34 at the time. I have become disabled and unable to work. I have Epilepsy, Migraine Headaches, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Depression, Heart Disease. Oh the list goes on.

I am sorry, Pikantari. All we can do for you is give you a one time voucher for 75.00 for medication.

They told me that they would be back with me within 90 days and they were a week or two late telling me I did not qualify.

The day I was there, however, they told me that the only way they could put me through was if I were an Illegal Immigrant.

Now, I have worked all during the years since I was 16 but unfortunately, I have been having very many seizures and am unable to work now. I have paid my dues, I have always had medical insurance and not ever been assisted with it.

Now, I hate it, but I do need it and I cannot get it.

My choice? No choice. Continue on with your seizures O' citizen of the United States while we make sure your Illegal Immigrant neighbors will be all good, no matter what!

YAY ME!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 07:43 PM
 
Location: Jonquil City (aka Smyrna) Georgia- by Atlanta
16,248 posts, read 20,597,708 times
Reputation: 3587
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Hmm, my first trip to this forum and a post that hit home.

On September 22, 2008 I had to go in to try and get medical assistance. I am a citizen of the United States of America, as were my parents, their parents before them, and on we go.

I am a white female, age 34 at the time. I have become disabled and unable to work. I have Epilepsy, Migraine Headaches, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Depression, Heart Disease. Oh the list goes on.

I am sorry, Pikantari. All we can do for you is give you a one time voucher for 75.00 for medication.

They told me that they would be back with me within 90 days and they were a week or two late telling me I did not qualify.

The day I was there, however, they told me that the only way they could put me through was if I were an Illegal Immigrant.

Now, I have worked all during the years since I was 16 but unfortunately, I have been having very many seizures and am unable to work now. I have paid my dues, I have always had medical insurance and not ever been assisted with it.

Now, I hate it, but I do need it and I cannot get it.

My choice? No choice. Continue on with your seizures O' citizen of the United States while we make sure your Illegal Immigrant neighbors will be all good, no matter what!

YAY ME!
You qualify for both Medicaid and SSI disability if you are unable to work. Immigrants- legal or not- do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 07:55 PM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 28,532,606 times
Reputation: 19578
They did not feel that I did
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top