U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 02:28 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
But Nea, they(Poor Amercans) aren't illegal Mexicans - Don't you understand that? LoL. To him, Americans can be poor and struggle, they're not Illegal Mexicans.
thats right!!! my bad , sorry everyone, never mind the poor americans.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 02:34 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,886,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
What kills me is we have 43 million americans that are poor. Alot living in cold shacks with no food ,water, electricity hungry kids. There is no excuse for why illegals are given so many things yet so many of our own still suffer. There is not alot of press about our own poor, they are forgotten. As americans we should be ashamed that this is allowed to happen here.
I know, I drive by them everyday, standing on street corners with signs saying, they need food and water. It's sad. The government has proven to us... They do not care about its own citizens. I think maybe once or twice a year around here I'll see a story about the poor, because once is for Christmas, and the other is during the summer, because some people burn alive on the street.

Last edited by Ronzou; 03-06-2007 at 02:47 PM..

Old 03-06-2007, 02:36 PM

6,739 posts, read 8,541,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I know, I drive by them everyday, standing on street corners with signs saying, they need food and water. It's sad. The government has proven to us... They do not care about it's own citizens. I think maybe once or twice a year around here I'll see a story about the poor, because once is for Christmas, and the other is during the summer, because some people burn alive on the street.

Or in the winters when their freezing to death. We can't even help our own, yet some want to welcome all these illegals, who again, are lawbreakers.
Very sad, very, very sad.....

Old 03-06-2007, 03:14 PM

2,218 posts, read 4,886,782 times
Quote:
Or in the winters when their freezing to death. We can't even help our own, yet some want to welcome all these illegals, who again, are lawbreakers.
Very sad, very, very sad.....

Yes, very much so, but instead people have to bicker about how others need it more, than the poor citizens of this country.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:01 AM

1,701 posts, read 5,848,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
You know dusesean, if you're so concernced about the "poor people in absolute poverty" (cry me a river) then why don't you move to mexico and advocate for human rights??
Maybe you need to open you're eyes a little and see what they are doing to this country. Have you read the article chloedog posted in another thread? How do you explain away that one mr. bleeding heart.
Well, lol, about the only cry me a river, is the Americans on here who feel they have been getting ripped off. When was I complaining, I currently live in California and have experienced the "invasion" first hand and am surprising myself by being able to talk about it. Unfortunately, I'm not affected by seeing illegals everyday, most of it sounds like anger or subtle ignorance. I do not appreciate the low respect level. I apologize if I came off as harsh.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:11 AM

3,861 posts, read 7,417,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Poor people in absolute poverty, helping both themselves and sending money back home. 30 million poor people, being sufficiently taken care of in all walks of society! Take a trip south of the border, it will make you thankful for what you own. Even Todo can travel there!
How does this help the U.S.? Sounds like it's helping the illegals and their home countries more.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
How does this help the U.S.? Sounds like it's helping the illegals and their home countries more.
Just ignore him, he is an illegal supporter and doesnt see the truth. And loves to make silly comments.

Old 03-07-2007, 08:40 AM

1,703 posts, read 4,624,082 times
"I do not appreciate the low respect level."

What about their low level of respect for Americans and the culture and language of this country?? And you didn't answer my question: How do you explain all the criminal activity and crap they bring to this country? If they just want a better life (HA!) then why do they leave their trash life and come here and live like trash?

Old 03-07-2007, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
"I do not appreciate the low respect level."

What about their low level of respect for Americans and the culture and language of this country?? And you didn't answer my question: How do you explain all the criminal activity and crap they bring to this country? If they just want a better life (HA!) then why do they leave their trash life and come here and live like trash?
I can answer that if he wont. They dont want to be americans, they are not here for that reason. They are here to make enough money to have an easy life in Mexico. I have read many articles quoting people saying they have a 5-10 year plan, most if not all will go home at some point just to be replaced by others, they dont care about us or what they do here, otherwise we wouldnt be having these conversations!!!

Old 03-07-2007, 09:31 AM

54,159 posts, read 38,236,149 times
Quote:
Good luck getting a real answer from pro-illegals. Basically all you'll hear is how poor and how they want a better life.....

I don't see how they do benefit anything.
What I'd like to know is why the sudden emphasis on this problem. It's nothing new. I had a friend in high school, and this is going back 40 years, who had an uncle with orange groves in AZ, every year he'd have folks up from Mexico to do the picking for pennies and from what I was told they didn't enter officially.

We've all casually looked thee other way for years. I don't have the perfect solution but I don't think it's a practical idea to try and round up over 12 million already here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or