U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-10-2007, 07:18 AM
 
1,210 posts, read 1,042,584 times
Reputation: 540

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Educate me on the benefits of illegal immigration. The only benefit that I see are lower prices and some restuarants that I don't feel welcome in anyhow. So for those who are pro-amnesty or pro-illegal, how does illegal immigration help make the U.S. better?
They are the reason for many jobs.
If there were no illegal mexicans?
We wouldn't need near as many ploice
We wouldn't need near as many jalis and prisons.
We wouldn't need all the people to build and maintain the jails and prisons.
Some of are towns would still be nice, And we wouldn't know what to do with all the tax money we save. it keeps going and going and going.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2007, 08:12 PM
 
1 posts, read 1,326 times
Reputation: 9
I find it hilarious that people are talking about other PEOPLE (and yes they are people, just because they are illegal it doesn't make them any different than you and me) this way. It is pretty ignorant. Yes there is poverty here and everywhere else around the world. However there is a major difference between being born into poverty like the people in Mexico and running yourself into poverty like people here. We live in the land of opportunities and if we aren't going to take them than someone should legal or illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 08:34 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason101 View Post
I find it hilarious that people are talking about other PEOPLE (and yes they are people, just because they are illegal it doesn't make them any different than you and me) this way. It is pretty ignorant. Yes there is poverty here and everywhere else around the world. However there is a major difference between being born into poverty like the people in Mexico and running yourself into poverty like people here. We live in the land of opportunities and if we aren't going to take them than someone should legal or illegal.
We have every right to discuss illegal immigrants-------they are lawbreakers and need to be dealt with accordingly.

Besides: using Mexico as an example; they are much stricter towards illegals from Guatemala, etc. than the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 09:01 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
They are the reason for many jobs.
If there were no illegal mexicans?
We wouldn't need near as many ploice
We wouldn't need near as many jalis and prisons.
We wouldn't need all the people to build and maintain the jails and prisons.
Some of are towns would still be nice, And we wouldn't know what to do with all the tax money we save. it keeps going and going and going.
Not all illegals are Mexican, yes the majority are. When ever population rises, so does the police and so does jail mates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
 
1,861 posts, read 2,971,393 times
Reputation: 559
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Is it all about the United States? There are other people who exist.
Yes, in this case, it IS "all about the United States". Any kind of immigration should chiefly be to help the host country - otherwise, why do it?

So, details - how does it help the American citizen?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 11:05 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Reputation: 5539
Please refrain from commenting on the posters and debate the topic at hand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 02:30 PM
 
9,742 posts, read 9,076,964 times
Reputation: 2049
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreason101 View Post
I find it hilarious that people are talking about other PEOPLE (and yes they are people, just because they are illegal it doesn't make them any different than you and me) this way.
I respect the law. (It took me nearly nine years to straighten out a drivers license problem. I took the bus. I didn't drive illegally, nor did I seek a fake ID.)

I wait in line.

I don't disrespect the hand that feeds me.

I'm not a racist.

So you see, they are quite a bit different than me.

Quote:
It is pretty ignorant.
People talking about other people is ignorant? Funny.
Quote:
Yes there is poverty here and everywhere else around the world. However there is a major difference between being born into poverty like the people in Mexico and running yourself into poverty like people here.
Watch yourself! Those who (you claim) are running themselves into poverty are PEOPLE. How ignorant.
Quote:
We live in the land of opportunities and if we aren't going to take them than someone should legal or illegal.
Tell you what. The American people will decide whether we take them or not. Are you a Marxist by chance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 04:12 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,877,283 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Poor people in absolute poverty, helping both themselves and sending money back home. 30 million poor people, being sufficiently taken care of in all walks of society! Take a trip south of the border, it will make you thankful for what you own. Even Todo can travel there!
These do not benefit Americans, if fact it hurts Americans finanically, medically, educationally, social programs, our safety and much more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 04:19 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,877,283 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3Den%26sa%3DN

Copy, Paste. Does your neighborhood resemble this?! This is kinda why they come here, to escape poverty. Once you visit the border first hand, and you hate illegal immigrants to your stomach, I guarantee you will eat your own words. Guaranteed!
Many neighborhoods in America are just like this now due to illegal immigration...especially in the border states and upwards. People are living in slums in L.A. and central Ca., causing much criminal activity, pollution and disease. The poverty and violence of Mexico is spreading into America causing financial loss and health loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top