Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 06:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Kennedy: It's a new year, but reaction to births shows same old hate | Bud Kennedy | Star-Telegram.com (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/columnists/bud_kennedy/story/1122179.html - broken link)

Tell em kennedy.

A question to you Benicar.... are you pro-life?
How is my stance on abortion germane to this discussion? Did I suggest the girl terminate her next pregnancy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 06:59 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How is my stance on abortion germane to this discussion? Did I suggest the girl terminate her next pregnancy?
Which more likely than not will occur by the time she's 16 and a stay at home section 8, welfare illegal alien. I wonder if they still resided in Mexico if her "parents" would have been so accommodating? Probably not since mexico doesn't do chain migration, provide food stamps, WIC, welfare, and a boat load of taxpayer sponsored freebies to anchors. Oh wait, Mexico doesn't allow anchors or have any freebies for their nationals.

More sad attempts on the part of illegals to justify that which is unjustifiable by comparing apples to oranges.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Which more likely than not will occur by the time she's 16 and a stay at home welfare illegal alien. I wonder if they still resided in Mexico if the parents would have been so accomodating? Probably not since they don't provide food stamps, WIC, welfare, and a boat load of taxpayer sponsored freebies to anchors. Oh wait, Mexico doesn't allow anchors or have any freebies for their nationals.

More sad attempts on the part of illegals to justify that which is unjustifiable by comparing apples to oranges.
Yes, they are adroit at playing the system. They may not be able to grasp the English language, but they certainly have no problem learning how to abuse the 14th Amendment, and the location of the nearest welfare office.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:06 PM

702 posts, read 2,295,630 times
Similar story just occurred in Las Cruces, NM. 18 yr old guy and his 14 yr old girlfriend were recently killed after crashing their speeding car (news said 100mph, but I have no idea how they came to that figure) into a grove of pecan trees at 3am on a Sunday night. The boy stole his older brother's ID to buy beer a couple hours before the crash. The girl was 5 months pregnant, and in the news article her family is quoted as saying "We were excited about the baby." Naturally, there's a firestorm of comments on the local news forum.

I was one of the few commenters on the story to express my extreme disgust over a) a 14 yr old girl being pregnant and b) her family being excited about it? There's something very wrong here. The vast majority of commenters expressed their sorrow and sympathy over such a "loss". Is it really a loss? It's the same vast majority who despise the welfare handouts, the anchor baby invasion, and the "children having children" epidemic. The teens that were killed were Hispanic, but that makes absolutely no difference to me. I dislike (hate is a pretty strong word) anyone who reproduces with no personal resources or plan whatsoever, because the comfy cushion of the welfare system is there to support them. Unfortunately, this is very common in the Hispanic community - from what I hear, it's almost a "badge of honor" to reproduce as early as possible. And again and again.

This is not a racial issue, this is a side effect of the actual problem: PUBLIC WELFARE. No more free health care and free food, no more poverty babies. End it now.

Old 01-07-2009, 07:10 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Yes, they are adroit at playing the system. They may not be able to grasp the English language, but they certainly have no problem learning how to abuse the 14th Amendment, and the location of the nearest welfare office.
Amazingly breath taking isn't it?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:11 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Yeah!
Dammit! That kinda stuff's only okay when it's 15 years old celebrities like Miley Cyrus and her 20 year boyfriend!
Buncha cultures of pedophiles is what they are!
Oh, I am sorry ---- where have I ever thought miley cyrus was a great role model? I don't, I think her family is whoring her out just as sure as this girls family whored her out. It has nothing to do with culture, but everything to do with a mindset that a daughter is disposable.

I don't think they are....do you?

Old 01-07-2009, 07:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
It is very germane to this discussion. You were complaining about your taxpayer money being spent on this baby. So i kindly ask you again, are you pro-life? If you are, would you rather prefer that this baby had been aborted? Thereby, eliminating any need for any taxpayer money to be spent on this baby?

This question goes out to all the pro-lifers out there.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:29 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,737,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord View Post
Similar story just occurred in Las Cruces, NM. 18 yr old guy and his 14 yr old girlfriend were recently killed after crashing their speeding car (news said 100mph, but I have no idea how they came to that figure) into a grove of pecan trees at 3am on a Sunday night. The boy stole his older brother's ID to buy beer a couple hours before the crash. The girl was 5 months pregnant, and in the news article her family is quoted as saying "We were excited about the baby." Naturally, there's a firestorm of comments on the local news forum.

I was one of the few commenters on the story to express my extreme disgust over a) a 14 yr old girl being pregnant and b) her family being excited about it? There's something very wrong here. The vast majority of commenters expressed their sorrow and sympathy over such a "loss". Is it really a loss? It's the same vast majority who despise the welfare handouts, the anchor baby invasion, and the "children having children" epidemic. The teens that were killed were Hispanic, but that makes absolutely no difference to me. I dislike (hate is a pretty strong word) anyone who reproduces with no personal resources or plan whatsoever, because the comfy cushion of the welfare system is there to support them. Unfortunately, this is very common in the Hispanic community - from what I hear, it's almost a "badge of honor" to reproduce as early as possible. And again and again.

This is not a racial issue, this is a side effect of the actual problem: PUBLIC WELFARE. No more free health care and free food, no more poverty babies. End it now.
I do agree on this one. I see it all the time in Northern VA, lots of latina girls under 20 carrying babies around sometimes two or more. In fact at TC Williams HS in Alexandria which i graduated from they have this thing called a tiny titan academy for the high schoolers' babies. It has been said that over 70 girls out of the over 2000 that attend TC are mothers or are soon to be and the majority of them are hispanic. Those numbers are outright scary. And people wonder why Alexandria City has such a bad reputation as far as youth goes.

Here is an article on TC Williams if ya'll wanna read.

They're Having Babies. Are We Helping? - washingtonpost.com

Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
It is very germane to this discussion. You were complaining about your taxpayer money being spent on this baby. So i kindly ask you again, are you pro-life? If you are, would you rather prefer that this baby had been aborted? Thereby, eliminating any need for any taxpayer money to be spent on this baby?

I am definitely Pro Choice------------which also includes a female being allowed to carry a child to term despite possible pressure for her to abort.

As for the individuals described by the OP: assuming that either parent is here illegally.........he/she needs to leave the USA. If both parents are illegal aliens---------that child is living proof that birthright citizenship needs to be eliminated.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:

Have all the babies you want as long as YOU can support them. I have not relied on taxpayers to provide for my son, and I don’t appreciate having my hard-earned taxes spent on the children of people who are too lazy or too ignorant to use birth control.

To answer your question, I am pro-life. However, I also realize there are circumstances necessitating the termination of a pregnancy, such as to save the life of the mother.

I could never feel disdain for an innocent baby. Conversely, I feel nothing but contempt for people who continuously give birth to babies they know they can’t afford. I know a young ‘lady’ who has 4 children, is on welfare, and each has a different “baby daddy.” As far as I know, she might be pregnant again. I’m sorry, but that is reprehensible behavior. It is the children who suffer.

I can be pro-life and still resent having to support children of irresponsible people. My son will be 17 in a few weeks, is very handsome (if I may say so), and girls constantly throw themselves at him. Yet, he is still a virgin. If he impregnated a girl, I would not be happy, I would be devastated. I certainly wouldn’t pat him on the back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration