U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 10:16 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It is very germane to this discussion. You were complaining about your taxpayer money being spent on this baby. So i kindly ask you again, are you pro-life? If you are, would you rather prefer that this baby had been aborted? Thereby, eliminating any need for any taxpayer money to be spent on this baby?

This question goes out to all the pro-lifers out there.
Actually what is germaine to the discussion is this girls rape and life sentence of poverty inflicted upon her by her parents and her adult boyfriend.
I kindly ask you, blackknight -- is this acceptable behavior to you? Shouldn't the rapist, or should I say father of the baby be jailed for statutory rape? What about the girls parents? If the parents of the new mother are in fact illegal, shouldn't the whole mess of them be deported for at the very least, child endangerment and neglect? Or are you Ok withh this because it is an immigrant family? Because that is the vibe I am getting from you and antialphabet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 10:37 PM

1,448 posts, read 2,663,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I do agree on this one. I see it all the time in Northern VA, lots of latina girls under 20 carrying babies around sometimes two or more. In fact at TC Williams HS in Alexandria which i graduated from they have this thing called a tiny titan academy for the high schoolers' babies. It has been said that over 70 girls out of the over 2000 that attend TC are mothers or are soon to be and the majority of them are hispanic. Those numbers are outright scary. And people wonder why Alexandria City has such a bad reputation as far as youth goes.

Here is an article on TC Williams if ya'll wanna read.

They're Having Babies. Are We Helping? - washingtonpost.com
The Road To Freedom by Manuel Hernandez
I find myself in a position to give my opinion, for where I live in Idaho, just minutes from the Snake River that also borders Ontario, Oregon, there are thousands of Hispanics, illegals most of them Mexicans. It has been my experience so far that very few of them will have the ambition of aspiring for anything more than providing a decent living to their families here or in their native countries. Most of them are hard workers and they seem content just with living life with whatever they can get from their labors.
The majority of these people come from rural areas bringing with them a very poor formal education and they also bring with them their bad habits. There is an area in Ontario, Oregon, populated by Hispanics, where there have been shootings. Many of them like to get drunk and they could care less about the law, running stop signs, traffic lights, speeding and driving under the influence.
Not all Hispanics bring the idea of advancing in this country and merely want to survive. I know one man around 70 years old who was born in Texas of Mexican descent. He speaks no English and is uneducated. As you can see his parents missed the boat by not getting him in school so he could get out of the rut.
On the other side of the coin, there are the few who know why they came to this country. For example, I know very few families that have started businesses and whose families are getting a college education while also working hard.

Old 01-07-2009, 10:45 PM

1,636 posts, read 2,902,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I do agree on this one. I see it all the time in Northern VA, lots of latina girls under 20 carrying babies around sometimes two or more. In fact at TC Williams HS in Alexandria which i graduated from they have this thing called a tiny titan academy for the high schoolers' babies. It has been said that over 70 girls out of the over 2000 that attend TC are mothers or are soon to be and the majority of them are hispanic. Those numbers are outright scary. And people wonder why Alexandria City has such a bad reputation as far as youth goes.

Here is an article on TC Williams if ya'll wanna read.

They're Having Babies. Are We Helping? - washingtonpost.com
Well, could be worse! At least it ain't Mississippi! Highest teenage pregnancy rate in the country!(around 3% Latino?)

Old 01-08-2009, 05:03 AM

7,020 posts, read 9,910,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Actually what is germaine to the discussion is this girls rape and life sentence of poverty inflicted upon her by her parents and her adult boyfriend.
I kindly ask you, blackknight -- is this acceptable behavior to you? Shouldn't the rapist, or should I say father of the baby be jailed for statutory rape? What about the girls parents? If the parents of the new mother are in fact illegal, shouldn't the whole mess of them be deported for at the very least, child endangerment and neglect? Or are you Ok withh this because it is an immigrant family? Because that is the vibe I am getting from you and antialphabet.
Unfortunately, it's not just a vibe you are getting it is what is stated by their ilk on a daily basis. They can't handle the horrific reality of the events and criminal activities perpetrated by millions of illegal aliens of latino descent all over this country. Comparing apples to oranges (criminal activity by a US citizen vs. an illegal alien) or in this instance a lame attempt at changing the topic to that of a pro-life discussion as opposed to that of statutory rape, which is a culturally acceptable norm in mexico.

They can't handle the fact that we are not a bunch a racist, no one is picking on them, and that we don't bare the blame nor the responsibility for the astronomical number of sexually deviant and other heinous crimes that they commit on our soil daily.

The posting of these stories serves to reiterate the reality that not only is mexico and other latin American countries culturally incompatible with the US, but those who come here illegally are a net drain on any society that they invade, or inhabit, which is why their homelands are self destructive wastelands. I have yet to hear a legitimate explanation for the insane behavior and the number of crimes committed by millions of illegal aliens (primarily from SOB) on American soil. If they are so valuable why aren't they being encouraged to stay home as opposed to being given maps and shown the door at the border of their own country?

Once again, you nailed it!

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-08-2009 at 05:26 AM..

Old 01-08-2009, 05:39 AM

3,640 posts, read 4,314,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
The insanity continues. You have spoken my mind. What kind of "parents" would allow him to not only have sex with their young daughter but impregnate her while living in the same household? They must have forgotten this IS NOT Mexico. As for the "writer" he's obviously a nut case as well.

Well stated, rep points coming your way!
You asked what kind of parents? Well, the kind that want more anchor citizens to help them receive even more freebies from our government. BTW, that happens to be the damn family values that they like to go on and on about. It is not the family values of most Hispanics, but for the select group that want nothing more than to keep up the demography assault to our country.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:48 AM

1,448 posts, read 2,663,703 times
According to the Population Resource Center, Hispanics have the highest teen birth rates of all ethnic groups. The center attributes the high rate to religious opposition to abortion and the fact that Hispanic families' generally provide "extensive family support" to care for children of teen mothers, the Sentinel reports. According to Carole Browner, a medical anthropologist at the University of California-Los Angeles, marriage and child-bearing usually begin in late adolescence in rural parts of Mexico and that tradition often continues in the U.S. In addition, farming societies tend to value women as child-bearers because of the nature of the work, Browner said. However, she added, "I think families do not want their teenagers to get pregnant as young as they do. They want them to succeed in America. Changing human behavior is never easy and never fast"

California County Addresses Teen Pregnancy Rate Among Hispanics

Old 01-08-2009, 06:55 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,799,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
It is not acceptable at all and the police should definitely investigate and take appropriate action against the guy. Now, when it comes to the parents, if they knew about those two having sex and didn't do anything about it, then they should be held accountable too. I just think the baby should be left out from all the insults and name calling. He is an american citizen as far as the constitution is concerned.

Old 01-08-2009, 07:04 AM

4,828 posts, read 6,799,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Unfortunately, it's not just a vibe you are getting it is what is stated by their ilk on a daily basis. They can't handle the horrific reality of the events and criminal activities perpetrated by millions of illegal aliens of latino descent all over this country. Comparing apples to oranges (criminal activity by a US citizen vs. an illegal alien) or in this instance a lame attempt at changing the topic to that of a pro-life discussion as opposed to that of statutory rape, which is a culturally acceptable norm in mexico.

They can't handle the fact that we are not a bunch a racist, no one is picking on them, and that we don't bare the blame nor the responsibility for the astronomical number of sexually deviant and other heinous crimes that they commit on our soil daily.

The posting of these stories serves to reiterate the reality that not only is mexico and other latin American countries culturally incompatible with the US, but those who come here illegally are a net drain on any society that they invade, or inhabit, which is why their homelands are self destructive wastelands. I have yet to hear a legitimate explanation for the insane behavior and the number of crimes committed by millions of illegal aliens (primarily from SOB) on American soil. If they are so valuable why aren't they being encouraged to stay home as opposed to being given maps and shown the door at the border of their own country?

Once again, you nailed it!
Quote:
Jamie has stated that the father of her daughter was Casey Aldridge, then 18, her longtime boyfriend.[17] Because Spears was two years below the California's age of consent, questions came up regarding their age difference, and whether Aldridge could or would be charged with statutory rape (although Spears was neither from California nor living there).[18][17] The Department of Motor Vehicles of Mississippi subsequently confirmed Aldridge's age of just less than two years older than Spears, which meant that at most he could only be charged with a misdemeanor under California law, which has an exception for adults less than three older than the minor.[19] In any event, no charges were laid in any jurisdiction, as a conviction would require proving that the couple had sex in the given state.
Jamie Lynn Spears - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is not limited to only people from SOB or hispanics.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 AM

8,180 posts, read 11,050,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It is not acceptable at all and the police should definitely investigate and take appropriate action against the guy. Now, when it comes to the parents, if they knew about those two having sex and didn't do anything about it, then they should be held accountable too. I just think the baby should be left out from all the insults and name calling. He is an american citizen as far as the constitution is concerned.
People should never call the baby names.....what choice did he have in the matter?I also don't blame the mother...if an illegal, she was brought here as a child and so didn't have a choice in the matter plus she is the victim here.
What makes me so angry is the apologist tone of the reporter/commentator of the piece. A crime has taken place, but because it was immigrants (either illegal or legal) it is not to be investigated? Frankly, I find that attitude to be racist.
But if they are immigrants - again, either legal or illegal - and not citizens then they should be deported for aiding and abetting a crime...the statutory rape of their daughter. If parents like these were to learn that there are serious consequences to allowing/encouraging your underage dd to become pregnant maybe there will be less teen mothers and thus more families breaking the cycle of poverty. But ignoring it because it is 'cultural' or 'racist' to point it out is not helping young girls at all.

As to the white trash known as the Spears family or Miley Cyrus....it just illustrates we have our own homegrown dysfunction that we cannot get rid of.....so why import more?

Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,090,724 times
THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION!!!!!

another irrelevant article.

this is about teen pregnancy really.
and 15 y/o's arent little girls.
the parents consented to this relationship, in most places with parental consent, these two people could get married. but those are completely different issues.
maybe this might be better in the parenting forum.

either way, the author of this article provides a picture of ignorance. he shows how people mostly react without knowing much of the information about a situation. they make thier assumptions based on their own bigotry. they make generalizations besed on their own ignorance.
but the funny part is that the cartoonish ignorance evidenced by crazy legs, and kvns mom, and jdubisha, (and all those cited in kennedys article) is replicated in this forum!!! those posters are probably one in the same with our very own posters here.

the irony.

thanks for supporting kennedys claim folks. more evidence of ignorance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration