U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:16 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Hell yes the kid should have been aborted. Ooops

Did I say that out loud....
I am firmly Pro Choice: that stated; I am against forced abortion as well.

As for the baby in question: if the parents are here illegally (which they probably are)---------throw them out of the USA. The child can either be signed over to legal friends/relatives, handed over to CPS for adoption or said kid can leave with its parents.

Problem solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 07:28 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

As for the baby in question: if the parents are here illegally (which they probably are)---------throw them out of the USA. The child can either be signed over to legal friends/relatives, handed over to CPS for adoption or said kid can leave with its parents.

Problem solved.
Well, I wish birth control and the education of such was the priority of our govt instead of FREE HANDOUTS for everyone spitting out kids that aren't legal citizens. For some reason we keep taking 3 steps back for 2 forward.

But I catch your drift bear. I battle that thought a lot as i am a church goin, gun totin Christian myself. I just can't stand thievery and deceit.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 PM

197 posts, read 231,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Justin Ramirez is 3 days old. Yet some people already hate him.
Baby Justin was the first newborn this year at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. His mother is 15 and in the eighth grade. She lives with her parents and the father. Hes 20.

Within hours, readers on news Web sites were already writing about how much they loathe Baby Justin, and his mom, and his dad.

SPECIAL TO THE STAR-TELEGRAM/EVANS CAGLAGE
Justin Daniel Ramirez, with his mom, Fernanda Rios, was the first baby born in 2009 at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas.

Kennedy: It's a new year, but reaction to births shows same old hate | Bud Kennedy | Star-Telegram.com (http://www.star-telegram.com/news/columnists/bud_kennedy/story/1122179.html - broken link)

Unbelievable,and in America it's called statutory rape. Instead of writing this story why didn't they call the police?

Baby Justin; Welcome to the world, you are an all american, someday you'll make us proud. You are the new face of America, hey the commander in chief is an african-american, will you be the first hispanic-american commander in chief??

Old 01-08-2009, 09:04 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,034,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Baby Justin; Welcome to the world, you are an all american, someday you'll make us proud. You are the new face of America, hey the commander in chief is an african-american, will you be the first hispanic-american commander in chief??

May the future Baby Justin join us in a job that pays taxes and pays for those that do not. At this point it is the best we can hope for.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:08 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Problem solved.
Agreed.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Obama is as White as he is Black.

By the time Justin is age 35 (the minimum age to run for President); the 'Hispanic' label will (probably) be in the trash heap of history. Good riddance to such a weasel word.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:43 PM

103 posts, read 162,363 times
Quote:

Is the new face of America a child of illegal parents, born of statutory rape at tax payer's expense to people who do not have a high school education? My only hope for baby Justin is that he and his parents be moved back to their rightful land, or if this is not possible, perhaps baby Justin be mobilized to a family who has some possibility of making this child into something of value.

15 year old mom, not likely statistically to yield a child that does anything except reproduce the same life cycle. Is this what America needs?

There are enough home grown idiots around without needing to import them. The country can probably support the ones that genuinely originate from the U.S., but importing them? This is exactly what we need.

Next American President (or President of anything); odds are looking quite poor. I'll happily consider this possibility of any child of a family legally present in the U.S., regardless of race, who have carefully planned their pregnancy, made sure they have the necessary resources to raise a child and execute a reasonable plan, potentially becoming president.

Equating this blunder of a 15 year old delivering the newest U.S. citizen with any reasonable way to have and raise a child is obsene. You may do yourself well to look at the likely outcomes in such cases. It isn't hopeless, but is damn near hopeless. There are always exceptions; but glorifying in this mess is stupidity. Suggesting this is the new face of America, and even a future president, shows a gleefully optimistic point of view that demonstrates features of anencephaly, or at minimum severe cerebral dysfunction.

The only hope is a decent family take this child and give it a reasonable upbringing and education or the whole group return to be claimed by the country they are rightfully citizens of.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:22 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
I would like to apologize as I did get one fact wrong in this story. The fifteen year old is able and can speak English. That is what I get for initially skimming the article Still, the fact remains if the girl or her molester were legal citizens of the US, Kennedy would have lead the article with that fact. As it stands, he was only able to say the baby is a US citizen due to his birth on US soil - not because his parent(s) were citizens.

However, to attempt to legitamize a fifteen year old 8th grader living with her 20 year old boyfriend with moms approval as anything but child abuse is reprehensible. The mom whored her daughter out, and now the daughter and the babys chances of living a successful, financially stable life are greatly reduced if not completely gone. Who wants to take a bet that little Justin will have a sibling within the next three years?

So, once again - I do apologize for having 'leapt to a conclusion' regarding the girls English profeciency. Are there posters here that would like to apologize for attempting to whitewash the crime of statutory rape merely because the people in question were Hispanic?

Old 01-09-2009, 03:16 PM

5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
shoot they could have been trailer trash. it dont matter that they are hispanic. teen pregnancies and young brides (common law or otherwise) are not specific to one group. it happens quite a bit. but those are just different parenting skills and customs. some parents prefer their teens have sex under their roof instead of in the streets. thats how they do it. some parents facilitate abortions for their daughters. am i to chastise them as well?

thats why i suggested this be put in the parenting forum.

i wouldnt let my 15 y/o shack up. but some parents do. with the law on their side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I would like to apologize as I did get one fact wrong in this story. The fifteen year old is able and can speak English. That is what I get for initially skimming the article Still, the fact remains if the girl or her molester were legal citizens of the US, Kennedy would have lead the article with that fact. As it stands, he was only able to say the baby is a US citizen due to his birth on US soil - not because his parent(s) were citizens.

However, to attempt to legitamize a fifteen year old 8th grader living with her 20 year old boyfriend with moms approval as anything but child abuse is reprehensible. The mom whored her daughter out, and now the daughter and the babys chances of living a successful, financially stable life are greatly reduced if not completely gone. Who wants to take a bet that little Justin will have a sibling within the next three years?

So, once again - I do apologize for having 'leapt to a conclusion' regarding the girls English profeciency. Are there posters here that would like to apologize for attempting to whitewash the crime of statutory rape merely because the people in question were Hispanic?

Old 01-09-2009, 03:52 PM

8,180 posts, read 11,033,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
shoot they could have been trailer trash. it dont matter that they are hispanic. teen pregnancies and young brides (common law or otherwise) are not specific to one group. it happens quite a bit. but those are just different parenting skills and customs. some parents prefer their teens have sex under their roof instead of in the streets. thats how they do it. some parents facilitate abortions for their daughters. am i to chastise them as well?

thats why i suggested this be put in the parenting forum.

i wouldnt let my 15 y/o shack up. but some parents do. with the law on their side.
Yeah, bad parents let their 15 year shack up with a 20 year old. And you are right...trash does come in all ethnicities. But, it does tend to stick in one socio-economic level that crosses racial and cultural lines. This girl does not have a future, and her son is much more likely to become a high school dropout then president. For the columnist to celebrate the circumstances surrounding the poor baby, and to blame anyone condemning it as either racist or ignorant is well....ignorant and racist.
She deserved a better future then what she is now facing. Her boyfriend and mother simply deserve jail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration