Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 01:17 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
THIS HAS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH IMMIGRATION!!!!!

another irrelevant article.

this is about teen pregnancy really.
and 15 y/o's arent little girls.
the parents consented to this relationship, in most places with parental consent, these two people could get married. but those are completely different issues.
maybe this might be better in the parenting forum.

either way, the author of this article provides a picture of ignorance. he shows how people mostly react without knowing much of the information about a situation. they make thier assumptions based on their own bigotry. they make generalizations besed on their own ignorance.
but the funny part is that the cartoonish ignorance evidenced by crazy legs, and kvns mom, and jdubisha, (and all those cited in kennedys article) is replicated in this forum!!! those posters are probably one in the same with our very own posters here.

the irony.

thanks for supporting kennedys claim folks. more evidence of ignorance.
Why are your panties in such a twist? In the article the commentor made a point of saying the infant was a citizen because he was born in the US...add that to his parents inability to speak English and the commentators refusal to say whether or not they are legal or illegal immigrants does in fact point to them being illegal.
I mean, if they were US citizens, wouldn't that have been the best rebuttal for the 'racists' who 'leapt to the conclusion' that they were immigrants, and most likely illegal ones?

Also, the fact that the mother is 15 years old and still in 8th grade tells me that she is most likely slow or perhaps did not enter school when she should have. Of course, only speaking Spanish is probably a bit of a hindrance in an American public school system -- but yeah, the whole family are natural born citizens

And whether you like it or not, statutory rape is against the law for a very good reason.....girls being sexually taken advantaged of by usually much older men. They tend to get pregnant and continue a cycle of (probable) abuse and definate poverty. But that is fine by you? What, is that a cultural norm you are defending?

Which brings us to another reason why this story can and should be on an immigration forum....assimiliation. Leaving aside their inability to speak English and potential illegal status, let us talk about cultural norms for all immigrants. It is great to preserve language (though not at the expense of learning the dominant language of your new country) and foods and ethnic celebrations. What is not great is importing behavior that is incompatible with American social mores. Such as honor killings, arranged marriages, female genital mutiliation, slavery and yes...whoring out your underage daughter because her 'boyfriend' helps pay the rent.

The parents deserve at the very least a visit from social services, and the baby's daddy deserves jail time and deportation if he is an immigrant - legal or illegal. As to the girl herself, well sadly her fate is sealed. I mean, what are the chances she is going to go to college? Or a trade school? Hell, what are the chances for a boy born illegitimately to an 8th grader has of ever going to college? Pretty damn slim. But hey -- we are all the ignorant racists
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 01:55 PM

50,281 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It is very germane to this discussion. You were complaining about your taxpayer money being spent on this baby. So i kindly ask you again, are you pro-life? If you are, would you rather prefer that this baby had been aborted? Thereby, eliminating any need for any taxpayer money to be spent on this baby?

This question goes out to all the pro-lifers out there.
Hell yes the kid should have been aborted. Ooops

Did I say that out loud....

Old 01-08-2009, 02:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Why are your panties in such a twist? In the article the commentor made a point of saying the infant was a citizen because he was born in the US...add that to his parents inability to speak English and the commentators refusal to say whether or not they are legal or illegal immigrants does in fact point to them being illegal.
I mean, if they were US citizens, wouldn't that have been the best rebuttal for the 'racists' who 'leapt to the conclusion' that they were immigrants, and most likely illegal ones?

Also, the fact that the mother is 15 years old and still in 8th grade tells me that she is most likely slow or perhaps did not enter school when she should have. Of course, only speaking Spanish is probably a bit of a hindrance in an American public school system -- but yeah, the whole family are natural born citizens

And whether you like it or not, statutory rape is against the law for a very good reason.....girls being sexually taken advantaged of by usually much older men. They tend to get pregnant and continue a cycle of (probable) abuse and definate poverty. But that is fine by you? What, is that a cultural norm you are defending?

Which brings us to another reason why this story can and should be on an immigration forum....assimiliation. Leaving aside their inability to speak English and potential illegal status, let us talk about cultural norms for all immigrants. It is great to preserve language (though not at the expense of learning the dominant language of your new country) and foods and ethnic celebrations. What is not great is importing behavior that is incompatible with American social mores. Such as honor killings, arranged marriages, female genital mutiliation, slavery and yes...whoring out your underage daughter because her 'boyfriend' helps pay the rent.

The parents deserve at the very least a visit from social services, and the baby's daddy deserves jail time and deportation if he is an immigrant - legal or illegal. As to the girl herself, well sadly her fate is sealed. I mean, what are the chances she is going to go to college? Or a trade school? Hell, what are the chances for a boy born illegitimately to an 8th grader has of ever going to college? Pretty damn slim. But hey -- we are all the ignorant racists
Great post!

It’s astonishing that anyone would condone and attempt to justify the statutory rape of this girl. He may consider a 15 y/o a woman, but I certainly don’t. Most likely, if she gave birth at 15, she became pregnant at 14. IMO, her parents are complicit, because they permitted their daughter to shack up with this man under their roof. It’s despicable.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,664,460 times
i dont wear panties ma'am. no panties around here. none in a bunch.

this is an article with a tenous link to this forum. and honestly thats what diminishes this forum greatly. so many irrelevant articles, from one poster.

and the funny thing is that even tho it is mentioned in the KNDY article that the child is a US citizen , people still vomit the same vitriol in this forum that they did in the original comments from where this story originated. thats just ironic. an article showing how stupid and ignorant people are, elicits the same unfounded responses here.

we dont know the mothers status. we dont know her parents status. we dont know anything. its nothing but assumptions that suit a particular agenda. thats just garbage.

its funny. but sadly, its plain ignorant.

as for the other real issues... young women get married at 15 and 16 in this country quite often. that is not a "family value" imported from anywhere. to think so is definately ignorant. you cant blame that on immigrants.

and a 15 y/o marrying or cohabitating, with parental consent, is not equal to honor killings. that was quite a stretch lady.

this really does prove that its not just about "illegals" its about immigrants and the customs you erroneously beleive they bring to this country.
but im sure that is lost on you, deary.

as for being a racist... i never said it. you did. you know yourself better than i do. i just pointed out how ignorant you were.

this article, like them illegals, dont belong here.

Quote:

Old 01-08-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
i dont wear panties ma'am. no panties around here. none in a bunch.

this is an article with a tenous link to this forum. and honestly thats what diminishes this forum greatly. so many irrelevant articles, from one poster.

and the funny thing is that even tho it is mentioned in the KNDY article that the child is a US citizen , people still vomit the same vitriol in this forum that they did in the original comments from where this story originated. thats just ironic. an article showing how stupid and ignorant people are, elicits the same unfounded responses here.

we dont know the mothers status. we dont know her parents status. we dont know anything. its nothing but assumptions that suit a particular agenda. thats just garbage.

its funny. but sadly, its plain ignorant.

as for the other real issues... young women get married at 15 and 16 in this country quite often. that is not a "family value" imported from anywhere. to think so is definately ignorant. you cant blame that on immigrants.

and a 15 y/o marrying or cohabitating, with parental consent, is not equal to honor killings. that was quite a stretch lady.

this really does prove that its not just about "illegals" its about immigrants and the customs you erroneously beleive they bring to this country.
but im sure that is lost on you, deary.

as for being a racist... i never said it. you did. you know yourself better than i do. i just pointed out how ignorant you were.

this article, like them illegals, dont belong here.
Sooo, you believe that this family that cannot speak English are native born citizens? Now, that would fly in the face of what I have been taught by your fellow illegal immigration apologists on this very forum. See, they say that Spanish speaking immigrants all learn English. And to assume otherwise is wrong. Therefore, I think we are right to believe that this is an immigrant family. And whether legal or illegal, they broke the law regarding the sexualization of minor children. They do need to go.
And yes, there are people in this country who will permit their daughters to marry at 14 or 15 -- I believe they are called the FDLS. And even those that are not, do you really think they are doing anything to benefit their daughters? What is the likelyhood of any girl getting married at 15 of ever climbing out of poverty? Of ever getting an education? I noticed you didn't answer those questions in your post, sweetie/darling/deary

And who on here has been vomiting vitriol (aside from you with that very phrase) about the baby? Noone. Now, about the scumbag parents and father yes....the baby? Nope.

Old 01-08-2009, 03:28 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Sooo, you believe that this family that cannot speak English are native born citizens? Now, that would fly in the face of what I have been taught by your fellow illegal immigration apologists on this very forum. See, they say that Spanish speaking immigrants all learn English. And to assume otherwise is wrong. Therefore, I think we are right to believe that this is an immigrant family. And whether legal or illegal, they broke the law regarding the sexualization of minor children. They do need to go.
And yes, there are people in this country who will permit their daughters to marry at 14 or 15 -- I believe they are called the FDLS. And even those that are not, do you really think they are doing anything to benefit their daughters? What is the likelyhood of any girl getting married at 15 of ever climbing out of poverty? Of ever getting an education? I noticed you didn't answer those questions in your post, sweetie/darling/deary

And who on here has been vomiting vitriol (aside from you with that very phrase) about the baby? Noone. Now, about the scumbag parents and father yes....the baby? Nope.
Bravo, Bravo and Bravo. I am so very sorry that I cannot rep both of your posts. I have to spread a little love.

As for those on this board crying foul, no matter what reality is posted if it relates to the culturally dysfunctional behavior of illegal aliens of their ethnicity, they cannot handle the truth, pure and simple. They do not like the mirror image being exposed. It is indeed a reflection of another one of their inferior culturally embedded practices exposed for all the world to see. I suppose it's simply easier to dismiss the post as not being related to illegal immigration than to condemn anything that is wrong with their culture.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:00 PM

yes, i have some family in texas, EP and its surrounding, that speak mostly spanish. BORN HERE!!!! imagine that. it happens buddy. even the article said it. so i wont assume any legality. illegal or otherwise.

immigrants or in this case SPANISH SURNAMED individuals are not a monolith. many speak english, some dont. it varies. i dotn generalize.

as for the economic situation this girl finds herself in... i wouldnt know. and i wont make assumptions. but i do know that high schools exist for pregnant girls. lots of educational programs exist. there will be help. its not as dire as people would think. teen pregnancy is tough, but there are ways to deal with it. i wont assume otherwise just because it fits my own preconceived (and ignorant) notions.

so i guess this is a parenting forum appropriate thread.

its about alleged bad parenting (which happens all over the world).

i say: MOVE THAT THREAD!!!! (a la "move that bus!!!!")

Quote:

Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
yes, i have some family in texas, EP and its surrounding, that speak mostly spanish. BORN HERE!!!! imagine that. it happens buddy. even the article said it. so i wont assume any legality. illegal or otherwise.

immigrants or in this case SPANISH SURNAMED individuals are not a monolith. many speak english, some dont. it varies. i dotn generalize.

as for the economic situation this girl finds herself in... i wouldnt know. and i wont make assumptions. but i do know that high schools exist for pregnant girls. lots of educational programs exist. there will be help. its not as dire as people would think. teen pregnancy is tough, but there are ways to deal with it. i wont assume otherwise just because it fits my own preconceived (and ignorant) notions.

so i guess this is a parenting forum appropriate thread.

its about alleged bad parenting (which happens all over the world).

i say: MOVE THAT THREAD!!!! (a la "move that bus!!!!")
In this case it would be an elementary school for pregnant/mothers. Please tell me those don't exist in Texas!

As far as your relatives who were born here that speak mostly Spanish, are you saying that they cannot speak English? Or that they prefer to speak Spanish amongst themselves? Because if they were born and raised here (how many generations are we talking about?) and they cannot speak English then that is completely different then what I have been told here many times, that Spanish speaking immigrants have become completely fluent by the second generation at the very latest. And now you are saying that it is common for Americans of SOB descent are incapable of speaking English? Due to what? Stubborness or idiocy?

In the article I believe it stated that the girl and her boyfriend needed a translater. I will go back and reread it --- if they did need a translator, then I would hope they were immigrants. If they did not need a translator then I will apologize that I brought that particular issue up.

However, Kennedy in his defense of the young couple (or more accurately the sexually molester and his victim) kept saying that the baby is a natural born citizen, and that is all that matters. Well, that tells me that the baby's parents are not citizens or even legal immigrants because if they were then that fact would have led the story. Since he made no mention of their immigration status, it is fair enough to surmise that they are illegal.

Old 01-08-2009, 05:58 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,016 times
Quote:
In this case it would be an elementary school for pregnant/mothers. Please tell me those don't exist in Texas!

As far as your relatives who were born here that speak mostly Spanish, are you saying that they cannot speak English? Or that they prefer to speak Spanish amongst themselves? Because if they were born and raised here (how many generations are we talking about?) and they cannot speak English then that is completely different then what I have been told here many times, that Spanish speaking immigrants have become completely fluent by the second generation at the very latest. And now you are saying that it is common for Americans of SOB descent are incapable of speaking English? Due to what? Stubborness or idiocy?

In the article I believe it stated that the girl and her boyfriend needed a translater. I will go back and reread it --- if they did need a translator, then I would hope they were immigrants. If they did not need a translator then I will apologize that I brought that particular issue up.

However, Kennedy in his defense of the young couple (or more accurately the sexually molester and his victim) kept saying that the baby is a natural born citizen, and that is all that matters. Well, that tells me that the baby's parents are not citizens or even legal immigrants because if they were then that fact would have led the story. Since he made no mention of their immigration status, it is fair enough to surmise that they are illegal.
You kept saying the parents couldn't speak english...from what article did you get that from? Thanks.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:07 PM

again, hispanics are not a monolith and you cant generalize about them. how hard is that to understand?
studies have shown that they do speak english and assimilate at the same rate as past immigrants. but there are some who, while being born here, either prefer or find it easier to speak spanish. thats their perogative. it happens. ultimately you cant say one thing or the other, unless its supported by rigorous, reputable research.

and yes, go ahead assume they are illegals. im used to that idiocy on this board.

this board is becoming more and more about assumptions and far out generalizations about hispanics.

its sad. you guys are sad.

schools for pregnant girls are old by the way.

but this is done.
the jello is jiggling.
the mustards on the hot dog...

Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration