U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2009, 04:56 PM
 
Location: suburbia
595 posts, read 2,486,319 times
Reputation: 230

Advertisements

I was curious about what they had to deal with over there and wheather or not they are taking care of it. I was pleasently surprised...

(Sorry if this is old news, It is from a year ago)

"...Koch’s comments do not mean that Germany is going to start deporting illegal immigrants. It started doing that years ago. What his comments indicate is that such deportations could expand to include legal immigrants with a criminal background.

The response to his comments also indicates that this could actually be a popular decision. Large numbers of Germans are getting tired of the amount of crime being perpetrated by “foreigners.” In their view, these people can either accept Germany’s Christian culture or get out.

It is not only Germany that is calling for the deportation of foreigners. Detention camps are springing up all over Europe. It is estimated that there are now 224 detention camps across the European Union. These camps are used as temporary holding places for immigrants awaiting admission into or deportation away from the EU. These camps are collectively able to hold 30,000 people; many asylum-seekers and illegal immigrants are held in administrative detention for as long as 18 months, some longer. It is more economically feasible for the nations of Europe to hold immigrants to be deported until there are enough to ship them back to their home country in a sizable group.

This network of detention camps has been established with little scrutiny and few established standards. They may be located in a railroad depot, an old grain store, a recycled factory, an anchored ship, or in a prison. Some, like Rivesaltes in France, are recycled concentration camps from World War ii... "

The article also talks about crimes commited by illegals in Europe, but I will leave that out. The link is below if you'd like to read it.

Europe’s Solution to Illegal Immigration | theTrumpet.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-08-2009, 05:11 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I was curious about what they had to deal with over there and wheather or not they are taking care of it. I was pleasently surprised...

(Sorry if this is old news, It is from a year ago)

"...Koch’s comments do not mean that Germany is going to start deporting illegal immigrants. It started doing that years ago. What his comments indicate is that such deportations could expand to include legal immigrants with a criminal background.

The response to his comments also indicates that this could actually be a popular decision. Large numbers of Germans are getting tired of the amount of crime being perpetrated by “foreigners.” In their view, these people can either accept Germany’s Christian culture or get out.

It is not only Germany that is calling for the deportation of foreigners. Detention camps are springing up all over Europe. It is estimated that there are now 224 detention camps across the European Union. These camps are used as temporary holding places for immigrants awaiting admission into or deportation away from the EU. These camps are collectively able to hold 30,000 people; many asylum-seekers and illegal immigrants are held in administrative detention for as long as 18 months, some longer. It is more economically feasible for the nations of Europe to hold immigrants to be deported until there are enough to ship them back to their home country in a sizable group.

This network of detention camps has been established with little scrutiny and few established standards. They may be located in a railroad depot, an old grain store, a recycled factory, an anchored ship, or in a prison. Some, like Rivesaltes in France, are recycled concentration camps from World War ii... "

The article also talks about crimes commited by illegals in Europe, but I will leave that out. The link is below if you'd like to read it.

Europe’s Solution to Illegal Immigration | theTrumpet.com
Quote:
It started doing that years ago. What his comments indicate is that such deportations could expand to include legal immigrants with a criminal background.

The response to his comments also indicates that this could actually be a popular decision. Large numbers of Germans are getting tired of the amount of crime being perpetrated by “foreigners.” In their view, these people can either accept Germany’s Christian culture or get out.
They are definitely on the right track. Multiculturalism DOES NOT WORK. The anchor babies in our government as well as the majority of those from SOB are proof of that. You cannot ride 2 donkeys with one ass. "Immigrants" who do not fully: love, respect, embrace and are not loyal to America and it's culture should leave or laws should be passed to have them legally removed and all ties to this country revoked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 05:31 PM
 
Location: suburbia
595 posts, read 2,486,319 times
Reputation: 230
I was surprised to read that the detention camps go over pretty well in Europe, and that the Europeans actually support them.

"In their view, these people can either accept Germany's Christian culture or get out."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 05:52 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I was surprised to read that the detention camps go over pretty well in Europe, and that the Europeans actually support them.

"In their view, these people can either accept Germany's Christian culture or get out."
Frankly, I feel that way about legal immigrants as well. If you come to this country we have the right to demand that they: OBEY ALL LAWS, work and support themselves and control their astronomical birth rates, assimilate, learn ENGLISH and speak only ENGLISH in public as a courtesy to their fellow Americans. They also need to rid themselves of their 3rd world archaic customs (i.e. sex with minor children, rape, murder, child molestation, beheadings, etc.) As for illegals, they simply need to get the hell out and stay the hell out of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 05:54 PM
 
742 posts, read 1,049,152 times
Reputation: 345
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I was surprised to read that the detention camps go over pretty well in Europe, and that the Europeans actually support them.

"In their view, these people can either accept Germany's Christian culture or get out."
and i say why not?
ive always hated this bleeding heart attitude that citizens must change their lives to accommodate immigrants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:43 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcinsov View Post
and i say why not?
ive always hated this bleeding heart attitude that citizens must change their lives to accommodate immigrants
How has your life been changed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:03 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,617,384 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post

"In their view, these people can either accept Germany's Christian culture or get out."
My neighbor isn't German, but that's pretty much what he said to his kids when they reached the age of 18......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:26 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
I was surprised to read that the detention camps go over pretty well in Europe, and that the Europeans actually support them.

"In their view, these people can either accept Germany's Christian culture or get out."
Interesting: despite my Unitarian-Wiccan leanings............more and more, I understand why the Germans feel they way they do. In all fairness; the word 'Christian' may be a code word for First World values. Germany also has a large Black/Asian population who are indeed 'German' under both local and international law.

In fact: the Japanese immigrants to the USA 100+ years ago were living proof that assimilation into the dominant culture was the way to go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:34 PM
 
Location: Surprise, Az
3,496 posts, read 8,344,345 times
Reputation: 1832
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
'Christian' may be a code word for First World values.
BS, Christian is code word for oppression...many civilizations have brought terror to the people under the guise of Christianity. But I guess that is a different thread for a different time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 08:27 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
BS, Christian is code word for oppression...many civilizations have brought terror to the people under the guise of Christianity. But I guess that is a different thread for a different time.
And; Islam today is filling the shoes of 'Christianity' of hundreds of years ago when it comes to flagrant human rights abuses. Never mind that most Muslims are decent people----------just that the Islamists are hogging the limelight.

It all boils down to one word: power.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top