U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-09-2009, 01:02 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
point being that regardless of the origin of the words, they are still derogatory, hateful and trashy. people trying to make a valid point will normally shy away from using those words. it completely discredits them. thats the point. but you guys dont get it do you.
answer me this... how seriously would you take a person who used the word tar baby? or jungle bunny? or ni double guh er i would take them as seriously as somebody who used the word we.t back, or anchor baby.

capiche?

oh and as for p i c k a, it is slang for vagina. i wasnt wondering about piccaninny (i know that one), i was inquiring about p icka.

but im not race baiting one bit. just showing how hateful these words are and what double standards exist. they are equally derogatory words, but some people dont see that.

but yall can stay ignorant.

oh, and i am raising the level of discourse here. using foul language discredits people pretty easily.

comprende some more??
Right; and the little green Martians are scheduled to arrive tonight. Why on earth would you feel compelled to mention “vagina” in a discussion on anchor babies? Oh, I get it -- it’s the vessel into U.S. citizenship. Even that is flawed, given the fact that many babies arrive via C-section. But, if it helps you save face . . .

I agree; anchor baby is a derogatory term, and I will refrain from using it. I prefer to place the onus on the parents, and will henceforth refer to the offspring of illegal aliens as children of "anchorized" parents.

You may find these parents faultless, but I certainly do not. It is deliberate and reprehensible. In all honesty, how many fertile illegal aliens of childbearing age are childless? Do you personally know of any? How many do you honesty believe would choose to have children if the child would not be considered a U.S. citizen, and eligible for tax-funded freebies?

No one likes to feel used. The citizens of this country are no exception.

Last edited by Benicar; 01-09-2009 at 01:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-09-2009, 01:18 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
ok there seems to be a serious miscommunication here.

i was wondering why i could not use the work p i cka in this forum. which also happens to be the first part of *****ninny. and when i looked it up, ***** means vagina. i got the answer. i was not wondering about the word *****n*nny, i know what that means, i know what it refers to. i was confused about the "*****" part.

cool your jets lady.

and any person trully interested in meaningful dialogue would not create silly little words like anchorized. "illegals" will suffice. their children, are just children of illegals. thats the problem in this forum. people can not seperate their own bigotry and trashiness fro mthe discourse and lexicon used. there is no need for it. if we understand that certain words are derogatory and useless (like the n word, or as you say this anchor word,) why would any respectable perso ncontinue to use it. thats just silly.

as for the parents... i dont know the circumstances, but from the article, they consented to have their 15 y/o daughter shack up with some 20 y/o. it happens all the time. and thats none of my business. should i also chastise parents who allow their daughters to get abortions? no.

but i think we might be veering off topic...


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Right; and the little green Martians are scheduled to arrive tonight. Why on earth would you feel compelled to mention ďvaginaĒ in a discussion on anchor babies? Oh, I get it -- itís the vessel into U.S. citizenship. Even that is flawed, given the fact that many babies arrive via C-section. But, if it helps you save face . . .

I agree; anchor baby is a derogatory term, and I will refrain from using it. I prefer to place the onus on the parents, and will henceforth refer to the offspring of illegal aliens as children of "anchorized" parents.

You may find these parents faultless, but I certainly do not. It is deliberate and reprehensible. In all honesty, how many fertile illegal aliens of childbearing age are childless? Do you personally know of any? How many do you honesty believe would choose to have children if the child would not be considered a U.S. citizen, and eligible for tax-funded freebies.

No one likes to feel used. The citizens of this country are no exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 01:33 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ok there seems to be a serious miscommunication here.

i was wondering why i could not use the work p i cka in this forum. which also happens to be the first part of *****ninny. and when i looked it up, ***** means vagina. i got the answer. i was not wondering about the word *****n*nny, i know what that means, i know what it refers to. i was confused about the "*****" part.

cool your jets lady.

and any person trully interested in meaningful dialogue would not create silly little words like anchorized. "illegals" will suffice. their children, are just children of illegals. thats the problem in this forum. people can not seperate their own bigotry and trashiness fro mthe discourse and lexicon used. there is no need for it. if we understand that certain words are derogatory and useless (like the n word, or as you say this anchor word,) why would any respectable perso ncontinue to use it. thats just silly.

as for the parents... i dont know the circumstances, but from the article, they consented to have their 15 y/o daughter shack up with some 20 y/o. it happens all the time. and thats none of my business. should i also chastise parents who allow their daughters to get abortions? no.

but i think we might be veering off topic...
No, they are NOT simply children of illegals. There is a HUGE difference, and you know it. Children born in other countries who were brought here illegally by their parents, or whose parents deliberately overstayed visas are children of illegals; and I refer to them accordingly.

These children were born in this country to illegal alien parents, and have been classified as U.S. citizens due to the manipulation of the 14th Amendment. These children, by virtue of their birth on U.S. soil, are entitled to ALL benefits and privileges of the children of legal U.S. citizens. I have a problem with that. Stop playing games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 03:03 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
so then these children of illegals, born in the US, are citizens.

OK. we agree on that.

i take offesne to the language used.
the same way there were "children of slaves", there are children of illegals. and the parallel is that ignorant folk like[d] to refer to them in colorful(demeaning) terms. thats my only beef.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, they are NOT simply children of illegals. There is a HUGE difference, and you know it. Children born in other countries who were brought here illegally by their parents, or whose parents deliberately overstayed visas are children of illegals; and I refer to them accordingly.

These children were born in this country to illegal alien parents, and have been classified as U.S. citizens due to the manipulation of the 14th Amendment. These children, by virtue of their birth on U.S. soil, are entitled to ALL benefits and privileges of the children of legal U.S. citizens. I have a problem with that. Stop playing games.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
so then these children of illegals, born in the US, are citizens.

OK. we agree on that.


i take offesne to the language used.
the same way there were "children of slaves", there are children of illegals. and the parallel is that ignorant folk like[d] to refer to them in colorful(demeaning) terms. thats my only beef.
Oh, but we donít agree. As far as Iím concerned, they should not be entitled to anything. The sooner we end this farce, the better.

So now you are comparing the children of slaves to the children of illegal aliens. Priceless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 03:20 PM
 
8,240 posts, read 14,896,860 times
Reputation: 3651
If the problem is so obvious that the news media publishes a story about it (Parkland) it makes me wonder why the INS doesn't just sit outside the doors to the maternity ward? Why does our government refuse to do anything about illegal immigration, folks???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 03:24 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
only the disparaging terms used against them.

tar baby
anchor baby

how hard is that to understand?!?!

thats what this is about.

if you want to discuss the 14th, then we can do that. in another thread. this taken a life of its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, but we donít agree. As far as Iím concerned, they should not be entitled to anything. The sooner we end this farce, the better.

So now you are comparing the children of slaves to the children of illegal aliens. Priceless!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 03:56 PM
 
8,649 posts, read 14,870,155 times
Reputation: 4563
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Oh good a new term "Jackpot babies." "Anchor babies" is getting old.
Or food stamp/WIC babies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 04:16 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,773,603 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ok there seems to be a serious miscommunication here.

i was wondering why i could not use the work p i cka in this forum. which also happens to be the first part of *****ninny. and when i looked it up, ***** means vagina. i got the answer. i was not wondering about the word *****n*nny, i know what that means, i know what it refers to. i was confused about the "*****" part.

cool your jets lady.

and any person trully interested in meaningful dialogue would not create silly little words like anchorized. "illegals" will suffice. their children, are just children of illegals. thats the problem in this forum. people can not seperate their own bigotry and trashiness fro mthe discourse and lexicon used. there is no need for it. if we understand that certain words are derogatory and useless (like the n word, or as you say this anchor word,) why would any respectable perso ncontinue to use it. thats just silly.

as for the parents... i dont know the circumstances, but from the article, they consented to have their 15 y/o daughter shack up with some 20 y/o. it happens all the time. and thats none of my business. should i also chastise parents who allow their daughters to get abortions? no.

but i think we might be veering off topic...
Think thats a straw man argument... An anchor babie is just that an ANCHOR BABIE! Sorry if the word offends you. How do you plan to change it? would you change that nasty word "gringo" for me while u r at it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-09-2009, 04:45 PM
 
Location: CITY OF ANGELS AND CONSTANT DANGER
5,409 posts, read 11,068,069 times
Reputation: 2244
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Think thats a straw man argument... An anchor babie is just that an ANCHOR BABIE! Sorry if the word offends you. How do you plan to change it? would you change that nasty word "gringo" for me while u r at it!
well i dont use those words, and i make sure to tell other people not to use them either. its diminishes their own self worth as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top