U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094

Advertisements

It’s official: Border Patrol agent Nicholas Corbett won’t be tried again in an illegal immigrant’s shooting death.
U.S. District Court Judge David Bury has granted a prosecution motion to dismiss second-degree murder, manslaughter and negligent homicide charges. They could be refiled if new evidence is developed.
Two trials in 2008 ended with jurors deadlocked.
Bury’s action last month ends criminal proceedings stemming from the Jan. 12, 2007 shooting of 22-year-old Francisco Javier Dominguez Rivera of Puebla, Mexico, in Cochise County.
But Corbett also faces a civil suit Dominguez’s family filed last month.
A Border Patrol spokesman in Washington said Corbett remains on administrative duties while an internal investigation continues.
Tucson judge dismisses charges against border agent | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/275091 - broken link)

Hooray for justice! Ramos and Compean should be pardoned.

 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:52 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It’s official: Border Patrol agent Nicholas Corbett won’t be tried again in an illegal immigrant’s shooting death.
U.S. District Court Judge David Bury has granted a prosecution motion to dismiss second-degree murder, manslaughter and negligent homicide charges. They could be refiled if new evidence is developed.
Two trials in 2008 ended with jurors deadlocked.
Bury’s action last month ends criminal proceedings stemming from the Jan. 12, 2007 shooting of 22-year-old Francisco Javier Dominguez Rivera of Puebla, Mexico, in Cochise County.
But Corbett also faces a civil suit Dominguez’s family filed last month.
A Border Patrol spokesman in Washington said Corbett remains on administrative duties while an internal investigation continues.
Tucson judge dismisses charges against border agent | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/275091 - broken link)

Hooray for justice! Ramos and Compean should be pardoned.
Why? It's two different cases that are in no way related.

They investigated this man and found him innocent. The investigated their case, and found them guilty.
So much for your guys' conspiracy theory that the government screwed over Ramos and Compean.
 
Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17689
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Why? It's two different cases that are in no way related.

They investigated this man and found him innocent. The investigated their case, and found them guilty.
So much for your guys' conspiracy theory that the government screwed over Ramos and Compean.

It's not a conspiracy........it's a #@# policy. These two men should be returned to work. I bet it really burns you pro-illegals they are Hispanic. Love it.

They have become American Icons.
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:12 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's not a conspiracy........it's a #@# policy. These two men should be returned to work. I bet it really burns you pro-illegals they are Hispanic. Love it.

They have become American Icons.
What are you talking about? How does it burn me?
I'm glad they're in jail, because they screwed up.

I bet it really burns me that the white guy was found innocent, huh?
Lame, lame, lame.
It burns you that we're not as predictable as you guys are.
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17689
I wasn't talking to you but I'll take that as admission. I'm Northern New Mexico Apache

AMERICAN

So a white guy thingy doesn't phase me race boy. Get a new deck of cards, the race card you toss is tattered and anyone at the table can see it before you throw it.
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:18 PM
 
7,020 posts, read 9,898,849 times
Reputation: 1094
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I wasn't talking to you but I'll take that as admission. I'm Northern New Mexico Apache

AMERICAN

So a white guy thingy doesn't phase me race boy. Get a new deck of cards, the race card you toss is tattered and anyone at the table can see it before you throw it.
Well stated. ITA!
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
1,636 posts, read 2,899,154 times
Reputation: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I wasn't talking to you but I'll take that as admission. I'm Northern New Mexico Apache

AMERICAN

So a white guy thingy doesn't phase me race boy. Get a new deck of cards, the race card you toss is tattered and anyone at the table can see it before you throw it.
What race card? Because I said your own playing of the race card is weak?
You said it'd burn us that they are Hispanic, but we don't care. And we don't care that the innocent man is white. It has nothing to do with race.
One was innocent, the others were guilty.

What does your race have to do with anything?
Even lamer. And when jdubsmom pops in and agrees with you, you know you're probably on the wrong track...
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,799 posts, read 30,052,880 times
Reputation: 17689
Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
What race card? Because I said your own playing of the race card is weak?
You said it'd burn us that they are Hispanic, but we don't care. And we don't care that the innocent man is white. It has nothing to do with race.
One was innocent, the others were guilty.

What does your race have to do with anything?
Even lamer. And when jdubsmom pops in and agrees with you, you know you're probably on the wrong track...
Have you ever heard the term, "You should quit when you are ahead?".

I've heard another that you can use, no copyright infringement.

"Quit when you are behind".


even lamer? ahahhahahahhahhahahahahhaha


wait..cough...

ok
oh

hahahahahahahhhhhahh

thanks.

That was awesome.
 
Old 01-08-2009, 07:48 PM
 
Location: southern california
55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
Reputation: 47455
when i was a kid the cops shot or jailed the bad guys-- now its the reverse.
when a cop does his job he might not go to jail.
 
Old 01-08-2009, 09:59 PM
 
Location: Denver area
21,141 posts, read 22,118,386 times
Reputation: 35536
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
It’s official: Border Patrol agent Nicholas Corbett won’t be tried again in an illegal immigrant’s shooting death.
U.S. District Court Judge David Bury has granted a prosecution motion to dismiss second-degree murder, manslaughter and negligent homicide charges. They could be refiled if new evidence is developed.
Two trials in 2008 ended with jurors deadlocked.
Bury’s action last month ends criminal proceedings stemming from the Jan. 12, 2007 shooting of 22-year-old Francisco Javier Dominguez Rivera of Puebla, Mexico, in Cochise County.
But Corbett also faces a civil suit Dominguez’s family filed last month.
A Border Patrol spokesman in Washington said Corbett remains on administrative duties while an internal investigation continues.
Tucson judge dismisses charges against border agent | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/sn/printDS/275091 - broken link)

Hooray for justice! Ramos and Compean should be pardoned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top