Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
India has a language for every state it has, and it's the second fastest growing economy of the world, sure it has her issues, but it might end up surpassing the usa one day
At this juncture, if we don't control legal immigration, abolish illegal immigration, demand that our borders are secured and take back our country, we will fast become the 1st place winners of the race to the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 10:16 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
At this juncture, if we don't control legal immigration, abolish illegal immigration, demand that our borders are secured and take back our country, we will fast become the 1st place winners of the race to the bottom.
hmmmm, you might be right, but only time will tell, something has to be done in this we all agree

Old 01-10-2009, 10:43 AM

Quote:
hmmmm, you might be right, but only time will tell, something has to be done in this we all agree
Not just "something" but more precisely: abolition of the 14th amendment, and illegal immigration and the enforcement of all laws currently on the books. Attrition through enforcement and if necessary deportation of all illegal aliens apprehended. They are only here essentially to suck and drain this country dry.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 01-10-2009 at 11:09 AM..

Old 01-10-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Not just "something" but more precisely: abolition of the 14th amendment, and illegal immigration. The enforcement of all laws currently on the book. Attrition through enforcement and if necessary deportation of all illegal aliens apprehended. They are only here essentially to suck and drain this country dry.
hmmm it would be interesting to see if those ideas work, i'm not quite sure as they don't have been put in practice, but it'd be an interesting experiment.

Although let me tell you what I think, the main problem here is corruption, yes mexico is corrupt, very corrupt, but if there weren't corruption in the usa, there wouldn't be illegal aliens, I think that if ilegal alien employers would be seriously punished the whole thing would end, without having to resort to severe meassures, but that's just me.

unfortunately the government is corrupt, and big business is corrupt, everybody's to blame here, or what do you think?

regards

Old 01-10-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
hmmm it would be interesting to see if those ideas work, i'm not quite sure as they don't have been put in practice, but it'd be an interesting experiment.

Although let me tell you what I think, the main problem here is corruption, yes mexico is corrupt, very corrupt, but if there weren't corruption in the usa, there wouldn't be illegal aliens, I think that if ilegal alien employers would be seriously punished the whole thing would end, without having to resort to severe meassures, but that's just me.

unfortunately the government is corrupt, and big business is corrupt, everybody's to blame here, or what do you think?

regards
I totally and unequivocably agree with you. But again two wrongs don't make a right. Mexico and it's wealthy oligarchies should do their part by first and foremost PAYING TAXES, offering a social safety net for their own people, providing education, creating jobs with a living wage and providing FREE BIRTH CONTROL to deter further massive population growth. No country can function or sustain massive illiteracy and astronomical birth rates in conjunction with massive poverty rates. Therein lies three of their biggest problems and the primary causes of their culturally embedded dysfunction and corruption.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I totally and unequivocably agree with you. But again two wrongs don't make a right. Mexico and it's wealthy oligarchies should do their part by first and foremost PAYING TAXES, offering a social safety net for their own people, providing education, creating jobs with a living wage and providing FREE BIRTH CONTROL to deter further massive population growth. No country can function or sustain massive illiteracy and astronomical birth rates in conjunction with massive poverty rates. Therein lies three of their biggest problems and the primary causes of their culturally embedded dysfunction and corruption.
Well, as a mexican citizen, born and raised in Mexico I can tell you that the country is significantly better than let's say 30 years ago, things aren't as black and white as you think, but you have to work hard for it, as anywhere else, I know several self made man who come from very poor origins, but they worked hard, studied in one of the free colleges/universities/polytechnicals here and attracted success

There is opportunity here, my parents for example didn't have to pay for their college education, they studied in the UNAM which is one of the best universities worldwide and it's free!! this gave them a significant advantage and allowed us to prosper, in my case I learnt english at a young age and developed other skills that allowed me to have a nice job that I enjoy very much and enjoy a nice life here, I even lived legally in the USA with an h1 visa for half a year, but I missed what Mexico offers

The main problem with immigration is due to the wage disparity, if Mexico bordered with a country with a similar development level like Brazil you wouldn't see this phenomenon.

Many people take the easy route and just go to the usa, have a lot of kids who are left behind and expect everything to be handed out to them on a silver platter, I believe that the origin of this behavior comes from the PRI era, when a single party dominated the system and there was no democracy, what the PRI did in order to keep people appeased, was to hand them freebies, guess why after being one of the countries with the highest living standards after WWII the economy fell in the 70 - 80's

On the other hand if Mexico bordered with China you'd see a huge influx of illegals here.

I believe that this worldwide economic crisis will equalize things, but i might be wrong

Regards!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Well, as a mexican citizen, born and raised in Mexico I can tell you that the country is significantly better than let's say 30 years ago.

There is opportunity here, my parents for example didn't have to pay for their college education, they studied in the UNAM which is one of the best universities worldwide and it's free!! this gave them a significant advantage and allowed us to prosper, in my case I learnt english at a young age and developed other skills that allowed me to have a nice job that I enjoy very much and enjoy a nice life here, I even lived legally in the USA with an h1 visa for half a year, but I missed what Mexico offers

The main problem with immigration is due to the wage disparity, if Mexico bordered with a country with a similar development level like Brazil you wouldn't see this phenomenon.

Many people take the easy route and just go to the usa, have a lot of kids who are left behind and expect everything to be handed out to them on a silver platter, I believe that the origin of this behavior comes from the PRI era, when a single party dominated the system and there was no democracy, what the PRI did in order to keep people appeased, was to hand them freebies, guess why after being one of the countries with the highest living standards after WWII the economy fell in the 70 - 80's

On the other hand if Mexico bordered with China you'd see a huge influx of illegals here.

I believe that this worldwide economic crisis will equalize things, but i might be wrong

Regards!
Once again, I hear you loud and clear and I agree with you. The fact that economic hardship forced you to leave and miss your homeland is another aspect of this invasion that angers me. It is wrong that over the decades your government has received billions in foreign aid from this country, yet they abuse the American tax payers and their own citizens by squandering and stealing our tax dollars and not using them to provide for their own people. It also angers me that people such as yourself would prefer to stay at home, earn a decent wage and support your families there, yet government corruption and racist, non-generous oligarchies makes it virtually impossible.

More importantly, it is insulting and infuriating to see millions of mexicans marching down the streets of my country while professing love for and waiving the flag of, and supporting the country that treats them like trash and has all but told them and shown them that they consider their net worth to be zero. Yet these same millions of people have been brainwashed to possess blind loyalty to the oligarchies of a homeland that quite frankly, is only using them to sustain their tax-free wealth, hates them and wants them to stay gone (thus the massive number of mexican consulates on American soil).

The flip side to that is that we hard working, tax paying Americans want to live comfortably, without massive illegal immigration, preserve our laws, our language and our culture, within the country that we have worked hard to cultivate, nuture, progress and improve. Yet, the corporate crooks, the poverty stricken of the world, our government, and yours expects us to foot the bills and the worlds' problems.

If the mexican people (and other illegal populations residing in America) don't rise up and fight for what they believe and want to occur in their own countries and governments, they certainly should not expect Americans to embrace them, their poverty, high crime and birth rates and their deliberate intent of turning this country into a spanish speaking 3rd world abyss.

I hope we both agree on this.

Best wishes to you and thank you for sharing your story and point of view. Another great post!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Well, as a mexican citizen, born and raised in Mexico I can tell you that the country is significantly better than let's say 30 years ago, things aren't as black and white as you think, but you have to work hard for it, as anywhere else, I know several self made man who come from very poor origins, but they worked hard, studied in one of the free colleges/universities/polytechnicals here and attracted success

Regards!
One would think Mexican illegal aliens currently living in the U.S. would jump at the opportunity to attend college “free” in Mexico. Instead, they remain here and continue to DEMAND in-state tuition, and other benefits afforded legal citizens. Why do you believe they are so resistant to returning home? I'm sure Mexico would benefit from their K-12 tax-funded U.S. education.

Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Once again, I hear you loud and clear and I agree with you. The fact that economic hardship forced you to leave and miss your homeland is another aspect of this invasion that angers me. It is wrong that over the decades your government has received billions in foreign aid from this country, yet they abuse the American tax payers and their own citizens by squandering and stealing our tax dollars and not using them to provide for their own people. It also angers me that people such as yourself would prefer to stay at home, earn a decent wage and support your families there, yet government corruption and racist, non-generous oligarchies makes it virtually impossible.

More importantly, it is insulting and infuriating to see millions of mexicans marching down the streets of my country while professing love for and waiving the flag of, and supporting the country that treats them like trash and has all but told them and shown them that they consider their net worth to be zero. Yet these same millions of people have been brainwashed to possess blind loyalty to the oligarchies of a homeland that quite frankly, is only using them to sustain their tax-free wealth, hates them and wants them to stay gone (thus the massive number of mexican consulates on American soil).

The flip side to that is that we hard working, tax paying Americans want to live comfortably, without massive illegal immigration, preserve our laws, our language and our culture, within the country that we have worked hard to cultivate, nuture, progress and improve. Yet, the corporate crooks, the poverty stricken of the world, our government, and yours expects us to foot the bills and the worlds' problems.

If the mexican people (and other illegal populations residing in America) don't rise up and fight for what they believe and want to occur in their own countries and governments, they certainly should not expect Americans to embrace them, their poverty, high crime and birth rates and their deliberate intent of turning this country into a spanish speaking 3rd world inhabitation.

I hope we both agree on this.

Best wishes to you and thank you for sharing your story and point of view. Another great post!
Kudos!

Old 01-10-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Kudos!
Thank you mam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration